Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Bug #2 ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Bug #2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sef View Post
    From a medical standpoint, women's brains are smaller than men's; however, they have just as many neurons as men's brains. The neurons in women's brains are more compact. To put it another way, men's brains have more air in them.
    So you're saying it's Moore's Law at work...ladies have the more advanced Brain v2.0 processors with smaller transistors.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Sef View Post
    From a medical standpoint, women's brains are smaller than men's; however, they have just as many neurons as men's brains. The neurons in women's brains are more compact. To put it another way, men's brains have more air in them.
    actually neurons are only the visible part of the brain iceberg. The glial cells are another part of this iceberg, and not less than one that influences neurons in their growth and activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir William Ostler when addressing a graduating medical class
    Gentlemen, I have a confession to make - half of what we have taught you is in error; and furthermore we cannot tell you which half it is.
    Last edited by glabouni; January 26th, 2007 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by glabouni View Post
    while looking for an article about brain surgery, I found the following article on everything2.com website: she's so cute.
    Worth a read IMO.
    Wow, that didn't sugarcoat anything. Good read.
    Ubuntu user #7247 :: Linux user #409907
    inconsolation.wordpress.com

Beans

A quickfix to bug#2 is described here: The Mastery of Love - an interview with Don Miguel Ruiz by Diane M. Cooper
    wikipedia entry for Don Miguel Ruiz

this only applies to child and volunteers, you can't force someone into applying this to an adult oneself, though we can apply to our adult selves ourselves, also for perpetuation overtime,it is required to apply this to children.
    starting now, even if it seems a small in scale, as it is a self perpetuating this change will eventually fix the bug#2 along with others social problem.

starting with an attainable mark would be to initiate this change among the linux community, which could start with a simple howto distributed via internet and included in linux distros.
    initiating this change in the linux community being the first step to intiating this change over the internet, which obviously lead to bring this change to world.

the bugfix is the ready, now you only have to find the patch and apply yourself as this will only be included into the kernel in the next release (meaning the children who grow up in such an environment won't have to a pply it to themselves)
    Last edited by glabouni; February 10th, 2007 at 08:37 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Southern California Linux Exposition (SCALE 5x) hosted today a Women in Open Source Mini-Conf.
    Jem Matzan reported the day being a “life-changing experience for all who attended”.
    Read his summary here: http://www.thejemreport.com/mambo/content/view/300/

* numbers are given (about 20% women in IT, far less in Free Software, ie 1.5 %)
    * reasons for these low numbers are discussed
    * links to women in FOSS sites are provided (most of them have already been linked in here)

To be noted, and that’s not the first time I read this, women speakers emphasized FOSS as based on meritocracy with no real glass ceiling for women, as can be found in other technological areas.
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

Coming from open source structural design, IMHO there can't be any glass ceilling at all in open source. any ceiling one might encounter would be visible by far and could be removed.

the cathedral and the bazaar

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456