Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: HOWTO: MPD & Clients.

Beans

Re: HOWTO: MPD & Clients.

Look in /etc. There should be a file mpd.conf. That's what MPD uses if it can't find anything in your local directory. If you want to set it up for your own identityr, just copy /etc/mpd.conf to ~/.mpd.conf ( or something like that, look through the rest of this thread) or just create a new file. Then, when MPD starts, it'll look for that file first and use it instead of the one in /etc. If you want to have different configurations depending on who's llgged in, you can, y creating different firesl for each person and saving them in their home directory.

Beans

I get the following when I try to run mpd.
    Code:
    weems@mainframe:~$ sudo mpd
    Error reading db, fgets

Beans

Thanks a lot for this howto. Though a bit outdated, it was still helpful.

Beans

I gave up.
    ** ERROR **: problems opening file -create-db for reading: No such file or directory

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by Elep.Repu View Post
    I gave up.
    ** ERROR **: problems opening file -create-db for reading: No such file or directory
    You gave up... and yet I can find no posts by you on your issue, other than this one. Yeah, that'll work.

Since this is a fairly old topic, you might want to start a new support thread on your issue. Provide the exact commands you used to produce the error that you listed above. Just off the top of my head though, I would say that you passed the wrong option to mpd to create the database. The option is "--create-db" (two leading dashes) and not "-created-db" (as listed in your error message).

Beans

The programms are up and running. I linked mpd in the .conf file to my home Music folder. However, mpd seems to only find the Music that is in the ~/Music folder and NOT in its subdirectories. Am i missing something here?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345