Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How much do you use Ubuntu?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: How much do you use Ubuntu?

As strange as this might seem, I actually ¨use Ubuntu¨ more than I don´t ¨use Ubuntu¨. I´m beginning to thing I´m an Ubuntu addict.

edit:
    Sorry, I just noticed this was a closed forum. My apologies, guys.
    Last edited by drphilngood; December 6th, 2006 at 01:33 AM.
    |~Comfortably Numb~|

Beans

I use kubuntu on my computer the whole time, the rest of my family tend to prefer Windows. I might be getting a Macbook soon but I'd put Kubuntu on it if I did

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

i use ubuntu for everything except when i make music and do production, for which i use win xp here at home that i have on a second computer, and mac osx at uni.

i first started off using ubuntu because i had used linux before, and i didn't want to lose my work and music to viruses on crappy windoze. since then it's just grown and grown and now the music is the only thing i use windows for anymore. i'm hoping one day wine or native linux apps will do for me but i WILL dump windoze one day, and there's definately no way i'm ever buying another copy of windows .
    My Website

Download my new album for free here:
    http://www.mininova.org/tor/2966690

Beans

I use nothing but Ubuntu on my laptop. And I would have it on the desktop but that is my wifes computer and I can't win her over... yet.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Ubuntu for all "online" (Internet) operations, Windows 98SE for all "offline", such as musici editing, photograph post processing, disc burning, word processing, etc).

Honestly, the learning curve and application interroperatibility to migrate older applications' operations to Linux is not worth my time.
    Ubuntu 14.04.x & Windows XP-SP3, Dell Precision 390, Pentium D 3.40G, 4G RAM, NVIDIA GT360, 2M VRAM | Ubuntu 12.04.x Dell Dimension E520, Pentium D 2.80G, 3G RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT, 1M VRAM
    Debian Jessie on EeePc 1005HAB

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

All around the clock

No more Windows here....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Windows just for online poker play Ubuntu can do all the rest...

I use Ubuntu at home almost all the time...Most of the rest is taken up by xubuntu on my laptop. At work, I have Windows 98 First Edition. I don't mind seeing blue on xubuntu.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans

Ubuntu at home and work. About 5% Win Xp for various windows apps that I haven't figured out yet.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

I have a Kubuntu server in my bedroom, Kubuntu & Freespire dualboot PC in my living room and I carry around a Macbook with OSX/Boot Camp Windows.

I like using all three (well four), but Windows is the one I use the least. Each has a place, I just wish the others were more popular for competition, as I think software is still too expensive (considering huge fall in hardware prices in last few years), so Ubuntu's bug number one is important to me, because you don't know computers if you only ever use one OS, thats just my opinion!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast