Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What other "kind" of geek are you

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: What other "kind" of geek are you

Quote Originally Posted by cyberia81 View Post
    • Car geek- My truck has a Corvette engine)
    • Japanese geek- I like anything and everything Japanese, and I take a traditional Japanese swordsmanship class
    かたな or けんど?

LinuxChix | Linux User #432169 | Ubuntu User #8495 | IRC: maco @ irc.linuxchix.org or irc.freenode.net

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by daynah View Post
    -I'm a web geek. I love websites. I don't really have anything important enough to say on the internet... but I love making websites. So I end up making websites about nothing.
    My hand is definitely up. My website is fairly perfectly coded, but generally light on content as I really can't think of much to put there. I'm starting to think my talent may lie in designing sites for others...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Slowly raises her hand feeling like an uber geek after reading other posts!

Computer Geek: As a kid I coded games the old fashioned way in BASIC. Started my own PC support business, love hardware more than software, probably because I am also an aircraft mechanic (aviation geek) but considered cool as I also skydive lol

Anime Geek: Always have been since watching Battle of the Planets as a kid.

Model Geek: Love Gundam models refer above though.

Space geek: my fave era being pre Project Mercury, and the Mecury Project itself. That and I look up to Charles E. Yeager (my hero!)

I Have been on band camp.

I dress like a geek so my non geeky boy tells me lol Cons lo-cut, baggy khaki green knee length shorts and an assortment of skydiving, anime and PC related t shirts.....

and I am not socially inept, just people that dont know me dont usually get me immediatly!

Beans

anime geek - love japanese animes too much
    linux geek - distro hobbyist
    computer geek - not that much
    martial arts movie geek - too into this as well
    My favorite distros: Mint / Manjaro / Archbang
    Registered Linux user number 478398
    Other Notables: Ubuntu, Pinguy OS, Semplice,

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post
    My hand is definitely up. My website is fairly perfectly coded, but generally light on content as I really can't think of much to put there. I'm starting to think my talent may lie in designing sites for others...
    Looks pretty good, but the best thing in my opinion is a test site to build multiple things. My test site, subject to long downtime though (Since it's hosted on my computer).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Videogames: I played Everquest for a couple of years, then ran screaming when I realized the only reason anyone was polite to me was the 6-feet D-cupped red-head high-elf avatar I used. Now I play console games, and try to save money to buy the necessary parts for a monster gaming PC... Neverwinter Nights 2, here I come!

Astronomy geek: I can point out Andromeda, Orion, Sirius and Cassiopeia for you on aclear night. And tell you the stories behind those names.

History geek: It used to be my major in college. These days, I just know the years, names and places. And the great stories.

Computer geek: Very much so. I spent New Years-eve cleaning my SO's computer of malware and dust, and had more fun than I would have if I had gone to a bar with my friends and celebrated there.

Role-playing geek: I've saved the most blatant one for last. I know the difference between a rouge and a thief...! I play Nobilis and Ars Magica. I've done online chat and forum role-playing for at least ten years, and I own two dice bags. With dice.

I am also Swedish, in the European sense of the word, which means I was born and raised in that country. I am tall, I am into martial arts, I took belly-dancing classes for four years, and one of my favorite hobbies is cooking. I hereby dare to claim the title "A Geek's Wet Dream".

/Mimsy
    Last edited by Mimsy; January 4th, 2007 at 07:20 AM.
    February 2010: Back after two years of Ubuntu hiatus!
    I'm practically starting over, and trying to catch up. Please be patient with me.

Java server of choice: Large French Press

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I'm an enthusiastic geek!

Beans

Anime Geek-I need those fansubs!! Watching 70+ series isn't enough

Computer Geek-I program in Python and iam into software and stuff

Internet Geek-Without internet, my life is boring +I wouldn't be a anime geek without the web!

MMORPG Geek-Iam playing Regnum Online at the moment and love it(on Windows I was playing Ragnarok Online on private servers, Silk Roads, MapleStory[worst out of them all])

EDIT:I just noticed this was Ubuntu Women (yes, I randomly clicked on a thread when searching), hope you girls don't mind
    Last edited by EdThaSlayer; January 4th, 2007 at 09:28 AM.
    Educate men without faith and you make them clever devils
    Educate men without Linux, then yeah, the opposite happens
    Let Chakra guide the way
    U.3F

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

I'm many types of geeks, I guess.

Computer Geek: I love to muck around with my computer, whether it be fiddling with Windows (*gasp*) or with (K)Ubuntu. I've installed Windows and (K)Ubuntu many times and I enjoy the feeling I get when I get things working on my own.

Gaming Geek: I got into gaming as a Freshman in college (and going to a geek college, it's almost a given!!) and have been going strong. I love to play DnD, Rifts, Gurps and Shadowrun. I also like board games (Monopoly to Settlers of Catan to Risk to Trivial Pursuit) and card games (Mao, Uno, and Euchre [if that doesn't tell you where I'm from...])

Book Geek: I love to read. I've picked up many genres of books to read, but my favorites are mystery stories. I also like suspense (DaVinci Code) and humor books.

Engineering Geek: I am a mechanical engineer. I like to design systems and fiddle with things to make them "just right". My favorite classes (ever!) were my concentration classes (plastics product design) which involved lots of design elements (CAD and the such).

I look like a geek too. I wear glasses and I have a couple of sweet shirts that have geeky slogans on them.

Amy
    Last edited by gamerchick02; January 5th, 2007 at 01:21 AM. Reason: formatting
    about|blog|twitter
    Machines: custom built desktop (Ubuntu and Windows 7), Macbook Air

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Mimsy View Post
    I hereby dare to claim the title "A Geek's Wet Dream". /Mimsy
    I tend to stick to the very practical side of the forums. I'm not even sure how I ended up in this section or this thread. I certainly can't explain how I ended up reading that ^. I actually laughed out loud though.

Being geeky isn't the only thing that can pique a guy's interest. I think girls who do any kind of guy thing are attractive to the guys who are into that thing. For some it's computers, others it's hunting, or race car driving, or, well, the list is long. I remember a very pretty girl in High School taking the time to prove to me she could spit farther than I could. Hot.

It's my opinion, though, that there is no better potential partner than a chick who is passionate about the sciences and stuff.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast