Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will there be a 6.06.2 release?

Beans

Question Will there be a 6.06.2 release?

Hi,

The title says it all really. I was just wondering if there were any plans for this.

Tony.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Re: Will there be a 6.06.2 release?

I would say its almost a certainty given that 6.06 is a LTS (long term support release) and will be officially supported for 3 years on the desktop and 5 years on the server. It's only been out 5 months and we already have 6.06.1. Over the next few years I think we'll see 6.06.2 ,.3, .4 ...

Beans

I think that the main reason 6.06.1 was released was because of several flaws in the installer...

Who knows though
    Every time you install Jaunty, a kitten........ wait sorry what year is this again?
    Please don't PM support questions, post a thread so that everyone can benefit
    Join us in #ubuntuforums on irc.freenode.net

Beans

I think you're right. There was a bug in the installer (for me, it always added a blank proxy to apt, and would never work until I went in and blanked apt.conf). This is gone in 6.06.1.

Beans
    Hidden!

Do you know it there will be another LTS version after Dapper Drake? I like the idea of an stable OS (Edgy was to buggy for me).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Yes, there's going to be another LTS, but I don't believe it's Fiesty.

I'm apparently behind. What was the bug in the installer?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by PriceChild View Post
    I think that the main reason 6.06.1 was released was because of several flaws in the installer...

Who knows though
    Even still, it would be nice for Canonical to release another point release of Dapper once or twice a year so that if someone does a fresh install, they won't have several months or even a few years worth of updates to install.
    Thinkpad T61p: 15.4" WUXGA Screen, Core 2 Duo T9300, 4GB DDR2, 512MB Quadro 570M, 160GB 7200RPM HDD, DVD+RW, Intel 4965AGN+Bluetooth, 9 Cell Battery
    http://blog.zachtib.com

Beans

There was some MAJOR partitioning problems... not that there still isn't... as i found out at a LUG install day...

There will be another LTS when it is most suited.
    Every time you install Jaunty, a kitten........ wait sorry what year is this again?
    Please don't PM support questions, post a thread so that everyone can benefit
    Join us in #ubuntuforums on irc.freenode.net

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by daynah View Post
    Yes, there's going to be another LTS, but I don't believe it's Fiesty.

I'm apparently behind. What was the bug in the installer?
    The next LTS will be Feisty+2

And apparently there was, but that's the past now isn't it? Said bug has been long since squashed.
    "I refuse to be part of a society that encourages the rampant abuse of its own language." ~ The Black Mage

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by kuja View Post
    The next LTS will be Feisty+2

And apparently there was, but that's the past now isn't it? Said bug has been long since squashed.
    along with some others. the 6.06.0 release's default i386 kernel did not play well with PCMCIA buses on some hardware, leaving me with no networking on one install. Breezy's kernel did, as did a subsequent Dapper, so I ended up installing Breezy and dist-upgrading to dapper instantly.

No big deal for me, as it was a secondary system, but these are the sorts of things that point releases for LTS distros are supposed to fix. They fixed them, the point release is out there. I am satisfied.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast