Thread: Fire Fox - Gift from the Gods

Beans

Fire Fox - Gift from the Gods

I'm so pleased with the Mozilla team. Not only does Fire Fox rock enough to make notice in the general computing market, but more and more webmasters are making sure their site works in a Fire Fox browser. Finally a widely used application that works cross platform! (linux, mac, windows).

Little things like this makes the possibility of Linux being the primary OS for a growing number of home users a reality.

Beans

Re: Fire Fox - Gift from the Gods

A very excited Linux user who just installed Firefox?
    What's this thread about?

Beans

Just thoughts on FF. Had FF for a while, just happy to see where it's gone. If more of those killer apps had support for Linux it would be easier to switch people over.

Not that an average Linux users goal is to preach and convert, just mine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I would say Firefox is going downhill compared to how great it was before it was so popular. More bloat, more instability, more problems. Oh well, I can handle it so I won't complain too much.

Beans

Firefox fan who hasn't read the Mozilla Firefox FAQ? tsk tsk tsk...
    Just kidding...

How do I spell Firefox? How do I abbreviate it?

Firefox is spelled F-i-r-e-f-o-x - only the first letter capitalized (i.e. not FireFox, not Foxfire, FoxFire or whatever else a number of folk seem to think it to be called.) The preferred abbreviation is "Fx" or "fx".
    But yeah, if it wasn't for Firefox, I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't be using Linux today!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Eh, even without Firefox I'd still be using Linux, the thing is for a long while Firefox sucked...and still it was better than IE lol. I started with it when it was Firebird, and it was amazing. Then when it turned to Firefox it sucked. Then when 1.0 came out it got really good again. Even though 2.0 had a touch of bloat to it, I still think it functions better than ever.

Beans
    Hidden!

i still call it 'Deer Park'. i even buy deer park spring water, for that reason.

Beans

(i.e. not FireFox, not Foxfire, FoxFire or whatever else a number of folk seem to think it to be called.) -

I stand corrected.....<--