Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Welcome to the Kenyan forums

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Kenyan forums

Quote Originally Posted by EdThaSlayer View Post
    Maybe she researched about Linux before you got there!
    Who knows?
    I think you are right, when I tried to tell her that ext3 supports jounaling, she was like "...yeah, I read that too,i think it's a way the computer keeps record of it's operations....".
    All in all, this is just good news for the country, atleast according to me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Hi folks,

I'll be heading to Tanzania in November of this year to visit some friends and help out with the installation of some computers in a girl's school in Kijota. The computers will be windows xp or vista, I'm afraid, unless I can make a good case for something else. I'd like to make the case for Ubuntu and having Kiswahili available would be an excellent starting point. Is there a Kiswahili translation for Ubuntu?

trico

Beans

I am very happy to find a forum of our own. I look forward to meeting new people here and talk more about our lovely country. In fact, the rainy season is back!

====================

Teqwan

A Very Powerful Search Engine
    <a href="http://www.google.com">Google</a>

Beans

Kenya For Kenyans.

This is really good. At least Kenyans from all over the globe can link up here and talk about anything and everything. I hope we can steer away from tribalism and talk about the real issues affecting us. Such as poverty, unemployment, politics and general issues. Let us get this thing going.

================================================== ========================================
    Antonia
    A Very Powerful Search Engine.
    Google
    Last edited by Antonia69; October 22nd, 2008 at 08:41 AM. Reason: topic

Beans

Hello
    The weather is muddy as we are now experiencing the short rains which will last for two to three months.The rains are a welcome respite after the heat and dust of September. As well as ensuring that the crops do not fail.Our roads are flooded due to clogged drains not to mention non existent drainage systems.
    =======================
    daniella raine
    very powerful search engine
    Google)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Cool Re: Welcome to the Kenyan forums

HABARI ZENU,

My dear Kenyan and non Kenyan friends , I have tested jaunty with most modems available here in Kenya , they provide fast access to the internet but the operator pricing are somewhat not cool , but since the landing of the fibre optic cable some few isp's have decided to lower their charges.
    am just patient enough to test the speeds once the whole networks are connected to the fibre channel , once that is done slow internet will be a thing of the past and speeds will be able to reach 100mbps - 2gb ps on either adsl or wireless networks.
    In short the whole country will have true broadband experience. wish it luck

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Lightbulb Re: Welcome to the Kenyan forums

now ubuntu is gaining popularity this is happening very fast here in kenya because windows is a virus infected os if you dont install any anti-virus. So most people prefer virus free OS thats why they are turning to linux distros especially UBUNTU KARMIC KOALA.
    we are now actively advertising ubuntu in all social networking sites... I myself is advertising for all comps in kenya to have ubuntu as their main OS....
    2009- 2010 is a great year for ubuntu....here in kenya...

Beans

Good to hear that people are getting more and more interested.

Beans

Hey There is a new Kenyan site http://www.jibiwa.com Ask any question on jibiwa.com and get answered within 12 hours. Earn points when you ask and answer question and redeem them for great prices

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123