Thread: Tango Text Colors in X-Chat (Gnome?)

Beans

Talking Tango Text Colors in X-Chat (Gnome?)

I love Tango, this does wonders to readability.

Alright, step 1. Open the Tango color pallete. Keep it open. Analyze it. Study it closely. Admire it.

New Step 2! Download the attached file, and save it as ~/.xchat2/colors.conf

Step 3: Admire you now-Tango-ified Xchat! Join irc://chat.freenode.net#ubuntu and help others!

Thanks to aidanr for help!

Deprecated steps: Do only if you feel bored:
    Step 2. Open your favorite IRC program, xchat (this may only work for xchat-gnome. Please tell me). Click Edit>Preferences, and select Colo[u]rs. Click the window icon, and set it always on top. Change Color scheme to Custom.
    Step 3. The boring part! Hurrah! Select each color to change, one by one, and use the eye-dropper to select the colors from the tango palette you opened. I told you it'd be boring. Don't worry, it took me only a couple of minutes. Once you're done, close the preferences window, join #ubuntu, and have a Tango color party! Hurrah!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X-chat Tango.png 
Views:	756 
Size:	328.6 KB 
ID:	19845  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by stalefries; November 23rd, 2006 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Awesome update!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: Tango Text Colors in X-Chat (Gnome?)

the colours are stored in ~/.xchat2/colors.conf

btw, screenshot pls
    Last edited by aidanr; November 23rd, 2006 at 01:24 AM.

Beans

Updated with fanciful screenshot (which I forgot to put up in the first place, doh!) and Easier method!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

not bad but the "new data", "new message" and "highlight" colours shouldn't be black, kinda defeats the purpose if you can't tell the difference between them and the normal text colour of tabs

Beans

Sorry, I use xchat-gnome, so those things don't affect me. Could you provide an updated/fixed one? I just set the colors pre-provided to the nearest tango equivalent.