Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: How To: Steam Counter-Strike Source Edgy WINE

Beans

Re: How To: Steam Counter-Strike Source Edgy WINE

Ok thanks. Just tried it and i'm getting the menu music. Will try in game after dinner. Read that alsa lags a lot, does it lag for you?

Beans

So, I just got WoW up and running really well...but I can't get steam to install. When I download the installer to my desktop it is saved as
    "SteamInstall.msi" and no matter if I right click it or tell wine to run it..nothing at all happens. Any suggestions?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by AJLChase View Post
    So, I just got WoW up and running really well...but I can't get steam to install. When I download the installer to my desktop it is saved as
    "SteamInstall.msi" and no matter if I right click it or tell wine to run it..nothing at all happens. Any suggestions?
    You should always use the Wine Application Database first, since that usually tells you how to install games/software.

http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=1554

You can try "wine msiexec /i SteamInstall.msi" or "wine start SteamInstall.msi"

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I looked and can't find someone with the same problem as me

running nvidia drivers (on an 8600GTS), wine 0.9.51,

I've got steam up and running. I downloaded CSS using the download option on steam. Now when I launch CSS everything just closes out without any sort of message indicating CSS is trying to launch.

Here are the errors in the console screen since I told steam to run in console with the errorfree thing.

err: ole:CoGetClassObject class {9a5ea990-3034-4d6f-9128-01f3c61022bc} not registered
    err: ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {9a5ea990-3034-4d6f-9128-01f3c61022bc} could be created for context 0x1
    err:wgl:get_render_type_from_fbconfig Unknown render_type: 0
    err:d3d:WineD3D_CreateFakeGLContext Can't find a suitable iPixelFormat
    err:d3d:InitAdapters Failed to get a gl context for default adapter
    err:wine_d3d:WineDirect3DCreate Direct3D9 is not available without opengl
    (space added between err: and ole to keep it from doing a smily FWIW)

Beans

Okay, I read the first 18 pages of this thread (!) hoping that someone might have already have an answer to this:

problem 1) I have steam starting, but then my cursor points about 1/2 a centimeter above where steam thinks it's pointing. However, I can live with that.

problem 2) However, what I can't live with is Counter Strike crashing for no apparent reason, just after the loading screen. I get a lot of jibberish like

errle:CoGetClassObject no class object {9a5ea990-3034-4d6f-9128-01f3c61022bc} could be created for context 0x1
    Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":1.0".
    errle:CoGetClassObject class {4590f811-1d3a-11d0-891f-00aa004b2e24} not registered

but I really don't know what that is.

thanks

edit- oops, I read the first 18 pages, but not the most recent post! I guess it has something to do with the most recent version of wine. I have version 0.9.46 by the way.
    Last edited by hasmind; February 12th, 2008 at 10:47 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by hasmind View Post
    Okay, I read the first 18 pages of this thread (!) hoping that someone might have already have an answer to this:

problem 1) I have steam starting, but then my cursor points about 1/2 a centimeter above where steam thinks it's pointing. However, I can live with that.

problem 2) However, what I can't live with is Counter Strike crashing for no apparent reason, just after the loading screen. I get a lot of jibberish like

errle:CoGetClassObject no class object {9a5ea990-3034-4d6f-9128-01f3c61022bc} could be created for context 0x1
    Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":1.0".
    errle:CoGetClassObject class {4590f811-1d3a-11d0-891f-00aa004b2e24} not registered

but I really don't know what that is.

thanks

edit- oops, I read the first 18 pages, but not the most recent post! I guess it has something to do with the most recent version of wine. I have version 0.9.46 by the way.
    Same here, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    ---
    "There is only one constant. One universal. It is the only real truth. Causality. Action, reaction. Cause and effect." -Merovingian (Matrix Reloaded)

Beans

Please start a new thread instead of bumping an extremely old one. Edgy's been unsupported for over a year at this point.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425