Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bit Che

Beans

Bit Che

I installed Bit Che using wine. Everything works fine except when I do a search I can't see any results.

I can see Bit Che searching the torrent sites and it says there are results, but I can't see them.

I'm assuming this is simply because wine doesn't have the font(s) that I need.

I tried to find out what font Bit Che uses to no avail.

Can anyone help?

P.S. the Bit Che menus are displayed and work fine. It is only the results that I can't see.

Beans

Re: Bit Che

bump.....

Anyone?

Beans

bump.

last attempt. I have a funny feeling I'm not going to get the answer.

Beans

hello,

i'm the developer of bit che and i recently got Ubuntu 7.10 setup to test Bit Che..

using the latest release of WINE, Bit Che does run and search..

i am brand new to ubuntu, but i noticed that launching the .torrents after downloading them with Bit Che was not automatic into the default torrent handler for ubuntu. after some playing around, i was able to get it working. now you can open torrents directly with Bit Che and have them open in either Ubuntu's default torrent downloader (or you can specify if you want to use uTorrent to download torrents).

Attached you will find 3 files that will let you either launch .torrents into your systems default or uTorrent (in Wine).

For the default system torrent downloader:

1. you need to modify the Wine registry to point to a special script to handle launching the torrent.
    import the registry file "Default_System.reg" into your WINE registry to setup the .torrent handling in the registry.

2. Then extract the "torrent_open.script" to your "C:\Program Files\Bit Che\" virtual path in WINE.

3. Now when you 'Open Torrents' in Bit Che, they will be handled by the script which launches gnome-btdownload (by default on Ubuntu 7.10).

For using uTorrent in Wine:

1. Import the "uTorrent_Wine.reg" into your WINE registry.

2. Now "C:\Program files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe" will be used to handle the opening of .torrents in WINE.

The other issue is that the ListView font is pretty small but I am updating Bit Che to allow this to be changed.

If anyone else wants to chime and help me get Bit Che running smooth on Ubuntu, please do!

thanks,
    chip
    convivea.com
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

hi chip, and thanks for your work
    first of all a request
    it should be nice to have a native linux bit che implementation
    it should not be so difficult with mono, using visual basic as programming language so i hope you will consider this possibility

anyway, i'm posting here to suggest to linux bit che users to install tahoma font in wine fonts directory, untill chip will update bit che.
    the font will be ever small, but at least readeable.
    with 1280*1024 resolution, without
    tahoma it is impossibile to read any text without a magnifier

furthermore, in hardy, the default torrent manager is not more gnome-btdownload, so the the torrent_open.script should be modified substituting gnome-btdownload with transmission (the new default torrent downloader), or obviously with you preferred software (azureus etc. etc.)

thanx again to chip and....
    HASTA LA VICTORIA SIEMPRE!!!
    Last edited by maxter; April 30th, 2008 at 11:00 AM.

Beans

are you working on an ubuntu 8.04 hardy heron for deluge fix as well as this is a great revolutionary search engine for torrents and can you please fix the font as well as mentioned earlier and its quite true that the font is quite hard to read or jsut release a linux port as it seems to do everything is should in linux.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Hey chip! great program.

Please tell us your going to be working on a version for ubuntu. (without having to use wine)
    That would be awsome.

Beans

has anyone been able to get the "open torrent option" and/or the "open source page" option to work in linux (kubuntu/ubuntu). i've tried to modify the torrent_open.script and replaced "gnome-btdownload" with "ktorrent" but this does not seem to work.

also, i have no idea how to make the internet browser launch to the torrent's source page.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

regards,
    chafic

Beans

thanks for advice on the font worked like a charm.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Anyone know how to set Deluge to be the default torrent client in that script instead of utorrent? I have Bit Che working but when I click open torrent I get nothing. I have to download and save the torrent first. Then if I double click it Deluge opens because the torrent is in the linux file system. It won't work from the wine C:\ temp location and cross over from wine to Deluge though. It has to be saved somewhere first then opened.
    Q6600 Quad Core @2.4GHz, 1333MHz FSB, 4GB DDR1066 DDR2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast