Thanks, man. WORKS.

Beans

Re: Unofficial UbuntuGuide 5.04 Add-On CD Guide

Glad to help.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by RadixLecti
    Glad to help.
    I just finished installing the add-ons from the ubuntu add-on Cd. It went great, but then I restarted the computer in order to properly install everything. I got sent to the SystemRecovery CD and now I'm stuck in Gentoo Linux? How do I get out of it?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Dural
    I just finished installing the add-ons from the ubuntu add-on Cd. It went great, but then I restarted the computer in order to properly install everything. I got sent to the SystemRecovery CD and now I'm stuck in Gentoo Linux? How do I get out of it?
    the add-on cd is a bootable system recovery tool too. so, just remove the cd from your cd-rom and restart again. you will be back into ubuntu
    Unofficial Ubuntu Starter Guide
    URL: http://ubuntuguide.org

Beans

^ Thank you.

Beans

Great job. The add-on cd made the switch to Ubuntu easy and well worth it. Keep up the good work.

Beans

Hello, are you planning on continuing to update this CD, jiyuu0? Will it continue to be available and usable when Breezy is released? As someone else here said, this CD is possibly the only method that makes Ubuntu possible for me, as I have a dirt-slow dialup connection and a need for several major programs that Ubuntu leaves out. I REALLY appreciate your hard work on this essential CD.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sb73542
    Hello, are you planning on continuing to update this CD, jiyuu0? Will it continue to be available and usable when Breezy is released? As someone else here said, this CD is possibly the only method that makes Ubuntu possible for me, as I have a dirt-slow dialup connection and a need for several major programs that Ubuntu leaves out. I REALLY appreciate your hard work on this essential CD.
    i'm not sure bout Breezy add-on, but a newer version of the add-on (2005-08-01) for hoary is ready. will be uploading on monday
    Unofficial Ubuntu Starter Guide
    URL: http://ubuntuguide.org

Beans

Lightbulb Re: Unofficial UbuntuGuide 5.04 Add-On CD Guide

Quote Originally Posted by jiyuu0
    i'm not sure bout Breezy add-on, but a newer version of the add-on (2005-08-01) for hoary is ready. will be uploading on monday
    Wow, this sounds great...I've just breezed through this thread, and it looks like a few versions of this CD have been made...is there an official site, repository, or location? I know you were looking for hosting...I'm just saying at first glance, this is kind of confusing. You've got a fairly active thread here, with several versions linked, some of which are dead links...you should consider getting a stable page or location (sourceforge?) to document changes and updates, and to point to the latest stable version.

Just my $0.02. I look forward to trying out this tool!!!
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Verum hoc dicitur non simile sit cuicumque creditur ab istis quibus laboro

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast