View Poll Results: Which distribution os best?

Voters
229. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ubuntu

129 56.33%
  • Linux Mint

100 43.67%
Page 146 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146
Results 1,451 to 1,455 of 1455

Thread: Linux Mint Talk

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Linux Mint Talk

Quote Originally Posted by estyles View Post
    Umm... this topic is 145 pages long. Don't you think it's been discussed to death? If someone has a real question about Linux Mint, they're gonna do a lot better to post a new thread than to tack onto a 145 page thread and get completely buried.
    that's what this thread is for, so we don't have numerous threads on the same subject. most people are smart enough to click "last page" if they want to read the latest posts in this thread. i may just have to edit my "list". i love how relative noobs come on here and say how things should be. have a nice day.
    Last edited by wolfen69; November 19th, 2008 at 11:05 PM.

Beans

Hi,

I just dropped here to see people's reaction (if any) about Felicia but I find the little argument about time == length extremely amusing.

The guy is right though. From a machist point of view...

time --> money --> women
    length --> .... well, anyway... hum!

On a more serious note, and although it is indeed a unit of length, it's very often used for two different purposes:

- To describe the minimum amount of time it would take us to go to some point of the universe.

- To describe how old what we're seing in the universe actually is.

So even though it's ridiculous to say things like time=length and even though LY is indeed a measure of length it is commonly used to express a length of time (simply because it's not just a length, it's a length associated to a maximum speed value and to the speed with which travels our perception of what's around us).

Scorp123, nice to see you again

Clem
    PS: By the way, should we say "length" or "distance"?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Clem THE Mint man, wow I don't know what to say, yea I do nice job with (on?) Felicia

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by clemyeats View Post
    Scorp123, nice to see you again
    Ooooh, are you missing me and my verbal poison sting?

BTW, I was recently in your forum again and I find the quality of the "help" you folks give to absolute beginners quite lacking. Seriously. I mean it.

Given the sometimes rather poor quality of help on the LinuxMint forums I find it plausible that lots of Mint users are coming here and looking for help ... But as you can see the Ubuntu admins here prefer to keep this place tidy, hence this thread where many of the Mint discussions got pushed into. Not quite the "friendly welcome" Mint users expected I guess?
    Last edited by scorp123; December 19th, 2008 at 08:51 PM. Reason: removed "stingy" and "stinginess". They don't seem to mean in English what I thought they would mean :-)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

As long as Mint (Felicia) works with intrepid and debian packages I am game.

I am all into Debian, and I love any derivat from it. I've been using ubuntu since 6.04, 10 days ago decided to give mint 6.0 a try.

I feel comfortable, I am liking it.

But still origin ubuntu is in my heart

Atm I am powered by Mint, we will see how it goes. There is no argument about that Ubuntu has best community support, luckely all those solutions apply mint too. This was the only reason I started experementing and tried mint.
    =----- God is a Machine -----=
    ....... powered by Linux .......

Page 146 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146