Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolfenstein

Beans

Wolfenstein

i think we need to get a massive thread going for this game (series).

tell me why you love it, hate it, whatever.

just talk.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Wolfenstein

I have that game installed in wine I love it except I suck so bad at it. I havnt beaten the first mission yet :S. HAHA
    Join me in my "No Thread Left Behind Act", the quest to leave no thread unanswered
    http://www.facebook.com/patrick.gunsolley
    Kubuntu 10.04 - Primary OS, Fedora 13 Rawhide Tester

Beans
    Hidden!

Old school wolfenstein (wolfenstein 3D) was wicked at the time.
    I remember being kind of young at the time, damn, I think it may have been the first First Person Shooter I'd EVER played.
    And my favorite until I discovered Duke3D
    The new wolfenstein was ok. It was a a departure from the old style, but they made a pretty fun game. I liked when it started getting really intense, and the nazis started throwing the evil mutated spawn dudes after you. Those electrified flying gorillas nearly made me **** my pants the first time. Online play was pretty sweet, but enough was enough eventually.

Isn't that True Combat game everyone's playing based on wolfenstein?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

I used to love Wolfenstein 3D, which was my first FPS. I liked it much better than Doom, despite the simpler graphics and gameplay.

It just got worse with every sequel, though, and I didn't care for Return to Castle Wolfenstein at all (too many monsters, not enough Nazis), but I'm still curious about the new Wolfenstein game on the Doom 3 engine that is in development. Raven knows how to make a great FPS, even if they don't always show it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by WalmartSniperLX View Post
    I have that game installed in wine I love it except I suck so bad at it. I havnt beaten the first mission yet :S. HAHA
    dude, keep it up. once you get to about the third level, you're hooked.

and it's great.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nalmeth View Post
    Old school wolfenstein (wolfenstein 3D) was wicked at the time.
    I remember being kind of young at the time, damn, I think it may have been the first First Person Shooter I'd EVER played.
    And my favorite until I discovered Duke3D
    The new wolfenstein was ok. It was a a departure from the old style, but they made a pretty fun game. I liked when it started getting really intense, and the nazis started throwing the evil mutated spawn dudes after you. Those electrified flying gorillas nearly made me **** my pants the first time. Online play was pretty sweet, but enough was enough eventually.

Isn't that True Combat game everyone's playing based on wolfenstein?
    yeah, wolf 3d was the first fps i ever played. i must have been in like first grade.

you almost messed yourself? haha, those things are pretty freaky.

online play, you mean enemy territory?

about true combat, i dunno. but im pretty sure that return to castle was based on quake 3.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by pmj View Post
    I used to love Wolfenstein 3D, which was my first FPS. I liked it much better than Doom, despite the simpler graphics and gameplay.

It just got worse with every sequel, though, and I didn't care for Return to Castle Wolfenstein at all (too many monsters, not enough Nazis), but I'm still curious about the new Wolfenstein game on the Doom 3 engine that is in development. Raven knows how to make a great FPS, even if they don't always show it.
    i agree; they went a little overboard with the storyline on return to castle. that having been said, i still like it better than most other WWII games (using the term quite loosely).

i hadn't heard about the doom based one. im definitely going to check that out.

Beans
    Hidden!

at least 3/4 people have wolfenstein as their first FPS
    online play, you mean enemy territory?
    I played it on xbox live. About the gorillas, yeah, I like to play games with insanely loud volume levels. I'm sure you can imagine the reaction the first time.

I didn't mind the storyline in Wolfenstein actually. They had to rehash an old classic, but give it a name of its own.

For a long time it was JUST nazis, getting more and more boring, and then the monsters start taking over. Sure it became a little much, but whatever, I'm kind of glad they tried to make something new of it.

Beans

well put !

Beans
    Hidden!

aha
    http://www.truecombatelite.net/content/view/19/33/
    Based on enemy territory. You know, that game look pretty sweet.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast