Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Nvidia drivers released.

Beans

Beans

Re: New Nvidia drivers released.

So this means you can use beryl/compiz on aiglx with nvidia cards now??

Man, I should get rid of my ati if they don't make this possible too.. (probably not in the near future)

Beans
    Hidden!

Now you will have to wait to see if get's added to the edgy repos.
    Advantages and Disadvantages of 64bit.(Plus install Guides)

‘In search of some small measure of peace, that we all seek, and few of us ever find.’

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex (testing)

Did anyone try them yet? I hope they solve the 'black window bug' I have been experiencing sometimes... In the beta drivers this happened because apparently when the memory of my card overflowed it just didn't draw the window instead of taking memory from the ram. At least, that is what I read/understood...

Beans

Great news , I'm using beta currently and I just love having aiglx instead of xgl.

Will there be a howto on removing beta drivers installed with the nvidia installer and installing the new ones from the repo's?

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Quote Originally Posted by bastiegast View Post
    Great news , I'm using beta currently and I just love having aiglx instead of xgl.

Will there be a howto on removing beta drivers installed with the nvidia installer and installing the new ones from the repo's?
    You are not using either AIGLX or XGL you are using the driver's ability to do compositing. You can download and install the drivers in the same way you did the beta.
    Since I get asked alot, I am originally from Ukraine but am Russian by nationality. My nick means specter in Russian.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by prizrak View Post
    You are not using either AIGLX or XGL you are using the driver's ability to do compositing. You can download and install the drivers in the same way you did the beta.
    Yeah that's what I meant, i love being able to use AIGLX because of GLX_EXT. About the installing, yes, of course, your right, I should try things first before asking. but i thought the transition to drivers from the nvidia installer to drivers installed through synaptic might give some probs.

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Quote Originally Posted by bastiegast View Post
    Yeah that's what I meant, i love being able to use AIGLX because of GLX_EXT. About the installing, yes, of course, your right, I should try things first before asking. but i thought the transition to drivers from the nvidia installer to drivers installed through synaptic might give some probs.
    I think Synaptic does the same thing that the installer does only behind the scenes. Not sure, I suggest scouting the nVidia site to see if they got any info on removing it.
    Since I get asked alot, I am originally from Ukraine but am Russian by nationality. My nick means specter in Russian.

Beans

I'm running the latest drivers and have updated my guides.

Nothing new really... they just work

Amaranth is currently updating his repos.
    Every time you install Jaunty, a kitten........ wait sorry what year is this again?
    Please don't PM support questions, post a thread so that everyone can benefit
    Join us in #ubuntuforums on irc.freenode.net

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'll add them to my repositories ASAP.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast