Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for: in-earphones

Beans

Looking for: in-earphones

Good morning,

after purchasing a new mp3-player I am now looking for appropiate earphones. I would like to try out in-earphones to experience quite the best sound I can get - but only at reasonable cost. I am not willing to spend much more than 20 euro, 28-30 euro the highest.

So - any suggestions for me?

Thank you in advance.

cg
    simplicity is perfection

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Looking for: in-earphones

I am using iPod in ear earphones and it is quite good for me. Its about the same price range as you mentioned. Shure e2c is the best but that one is very pricey.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I used a pair of Sony in ear phones for a while (but broke them). They were about that price and very good sound quality.

Now use Future Sonics but they are more expensive.

Beans

Sennheiser has quite good in-ears. Not HiFi like shure e2c but decent quality and will fit your budget.

I would recommend head-fi.net if you want more in-depth info and opinions of headphones.

Beans

I already thought about purchasing Sennhseiser but I often read that it sounds awful if you merely touch the cable of the earphones. The sound is affected by every contact...

Can anyone second that?
    simplicity is perfection

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by chaosgeisterchen View Post
    I already thought about purchasing Sennhseiser but I often read that it sounds awful if you merely touch the cable of the earphones. The sound is affected by every contact...

Can anyone second that?
    No, but my Sennheisers are the over-the-head type.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by chaosgeisterchen View Post

Can anyone second that?
    I have in ear Sennheiser CX300 headphones, I do not have that problem. The headphones are very good quality and I would recommend them. The sony fontopia in ear headphones are good too, but in my experience the build quality is poor and they will not last long (the wire is covered with a stretchy rubbery type material that picks up dirt and tears easily).

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Sony. I dunno current models but if you want quality consumer headphones (as opposed to boutique like Klipsch and such) go with Sony.
    Since I get asked alot, I am originally from Ukraine but am Russian by nationality. My nick means specter in Russian.

Beans
    Hidden!

chaosgeisterchen have a chat with these guys http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/ they can help you find a set that fits your needs.
    Advantages and Disadvantages of 64bit.(Plus install Guides)

‘In search of some small measure of peace, that we all seek, and few of us ever find.’

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

I use e2c's.

They cost ~$60USD on eBay which is so very close to your price range. It is also a steal because they are like $100USD (MSRP) in stores.

If you truly want a cheap but balanced sound grab these. If not, just grab anything in ear as under $100(MSRP) difference in quality is negligible.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast