View Poll Results: Does it work for you?

Voters
308. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

234 75.97%
  • No

74 24.03%
Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Gens for Linux ubuntu package

Beans

Re: Gens for Linux ubuntu package

Quote Originally Posted by wryun View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as to call me a maintainer - I'm just trying to get the latest fixes into the main repository. No forking for me (gens has already been forked way too many times)

I'll probably call the tarball 2.13alpha and hopefully get some feedback on how it's working, then release a Linux 2.13.
    Can you please apply the patch described here.

Currently it seems that command line options are not processed so Gens cannot be associated with any file type.
    Last edited by eadmaster; June 14th, 2007 at 10:31 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Yeah, it works fine for me also. Brings back memories of playing NHLPA 93 non stop ....

Beans

its really great that its being maintained in a somewhat orderly fashion by wyrun.

thanks all.

p.s. i don't know how many of you are familiar with gens32 (on windows) but it'd be great to get some of the options gens32 has in gens (for linux). in particular the sound options, rom explorer (for archived/compressed files), & the improved game genie ui...
    Last edited by disturbedite; June 15th, 2007 at 09:42 PM.
    Linux User #440528
    openSUSE 12.1 x86_64/KDE 4.8.4

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by megamaced View Post
    I ran:

Code:
    cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@gens.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/gens login
    And pressed enter for the password but nothing happened! What am I doing wrong?
    You shouldn't see anything much happen after that. You need the next line then (look at the directions on the sf project site):

cvs -z3 -dserver:anonymous@gens.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/gens co Gens-MultiPlatform/linux

---

To the person who mentioned command line arguments: are you using the CVS version? If you are, it should work (although in a slightly different fashion to that described by the patch). See --help.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by BigSilly View Post
    Can no-one help with the joypad configuration? As I say above, all seems OK when you configure it, but when you try to play it it doesn't work. Up and down on the analogue works for left and right for some reason, but the digital pad doesn't work at all. I'm using a dual analogue Speedling 2 pad, so if anyone can help it'd most appreciated. I'd love to play some old Megadrive faves in Linux.
    Hard to say. The joystick code's a bit of a mess; it's probably a simple fix, but without knowing what numbers your joystick is generating I wouldn't know what to change. Does it work ok in other apps?

Beans

Pretty much. I'm also using ZSNES 1.51 with no pad or control problems, and also Mupen64 works great with my joypad. I managed to configure Secret Maryo Chronicles to work with it as well, and FakeNES works as it should also. There's only GridWars I can't get to work at all, and this version of Gens with broken controls, which is a real bummer! It's a great emulator, though, and I'd love to see further updates to it.

Thanks for your replies.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Hey, just want to say thanks for the package, it's running really well on my gibbon install.

One problem I'm having though, is save states won't load.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Tommerz View Post
    Hey, just want to say thanks for the package, it's running really well on my gibbon install.

One problem I'm having though, is save states won't load.
    There's an issue with save states in the non-CVS version. It should work if you use the 'preset' quicksaves in the menu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by wryun View Post
    You shouldn't see anything much happen after that. You need the next line then (look at the directions on the sf project site):

cvs -z3 -dserver:anonymous@gens.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/gens co Gens-MultiPlatform/linux
    Thanks for that. I will play around with it when I get home and build a pre-alpha package - unless your tarball is almost done

Beans

Hey, is anyone else having a speed issue? The games are running unplayable fast for me even though I have Perfect Syncro checked and Frameskip set to auto.

Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast