Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1362

Thread: Mount samba shares with utf8 encoding using cifs

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Mount samba shares with utf8 encoding using cifs

Quote Originally Posted by Dareus View Post
    I tried but got no luck...
    Are you sure that there's a user with UID and GID of 1000 on your Ubuntu machine? Sometimes this is not the case if you add accounts or if you enable the root password.

Double check the /etc/passwd file to be sure.

Also, try removing the "users" option from the mount line. I'm not positive, but that could be conflicting with the UID and GID options later in the mount line, especially if the user mounting the share is not UID/GID 1000.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by dmizer View Post
    Are you sure that there's a user with UID and GID of 1000 on your Ubuntu machine? Sometimes this is not the case if you add accounts or if you enable the root password.

Double check the /etc/passwd file to be sure.

Also, try removing the "users" option from the mount line. I'm not positive, but that could be conflicting with the UID and GID options later in the mount line, especially if the user mounting the share is not UID/GID 1000.
    Double checked... my user has 1000:1000, I removed the "users" option but didn't worked.

I really don't know what to think...

Another little issue:
    My timecapsule gets mounted every login (unuseful without the possibility to read files - I still can write them - but that's it). This is my /etc/gdm/PostSession/Default
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh

#Smontare i dischi prima di uscire
    /etc/init.d/umountnfs.sh

exit 0
    But I'm still getting the "CIFS VFS: No response for cmd 50" error, I think that the script doesn't gets executed, how can I solve it: I'm wasting lot of time at shutdown for a thing that I can't actually use.

Beans
    Distro

Are you sure you ran the

Code:
    sudo apt-get install smbfs
    command? You may have to run it again after an upgrade.
    Last edited by dmizer; October 23rd, 2009 at 02:50 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Are you sure you ran the

Code:
    sudo apt-get instal smbfs
    command? You may have to run it again after an upgrade.
    there's an "l" missing in "install", but I certainly have smfs installed (I even tried again), the umountnfs.sh file is there and is working, I can run it from my session but it doesn't get executed from PostSession/Default

I'll check for that file's permissions, I'm not sure about it...

EDIT: Everything was fine a+x...

Beans
    Distro

there's an "l" missing in "install", but I certainly have smfs installed (I even tried again), the umountnfs.sh file is there and is working, I can run it from my session but it doesn't get executed from PostSession/Default

I'll check for that file's permissions, I'm not sure about it...

EDIT: Everything was fine a+x...
    Sorry about the missing l. I posted that from my cell phone and apparently I missed it

I really can't see anything wrong with your CIFS configuration on the Ubuntu side. I suggest taking a very close look at the configuration on your Timecapsule.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I really can't see anything wrong with your CIFS configuration on the Ubuntu side. I suggest taking a very close look at the configuration on your Timecapsule.
    The strange thing is that I WAS able to use my Timecapsule before upgrading to karmic and I haven't changed my TC config since then...

Beans
    Distro

The strange thing is that I WAS able to use my Timecapsule before upgrading to karmic and I haven't changed my TC config since then...
    Then perhaps it's time for a bug report? Can you use the above method to connect to shares other than your Timecapsule?

Beans

dmizer

Firstly many thanks for putting together and maintaining this thread on samba shares. I think file sharing is important enough for it to be a sticky.

Using your guide I managed to share and mount the home directories on booting.

The mistakes I made were to assume the server share path was //server/home/user not //server/user and my original user password used punctuation which caused errors when testing from the command line.

The second concerns roaming usershares. Somewhere around page 50 of this thread you mentioned looking into roaming clients. Have you had chance to do anything?

I started a thread at

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1296167

but as yet have had no response.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Hugh View Post
    dmizer

Firstly many thanks for putting together and maintaining this thread on samba shares. I think file sharing is important enough for it to be a sticky.

Using your guide I managed to share and mount the home directories on booting.

The mistakes I made were to assume the server share path was //server/home/user not //server/user and my original user password used punctuation which caused errors when testing from the command line.

The second concerns roaming usershares. Somewhere around page 50 of this thread you mentioned looking into roaming clients. Have you had chance to do anything?

I started a thread at

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1296167

but as yet have had no response.
    I have, and I've created a howto. Please see the 6th link in my sig

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Unhappy Re: Mount samba shares with utf8 encoding using cifs

Then perhaps it's time for a bug report? Can you use the above method to connect to shares other than your Timecapsule?
    Unfortunately I don't have another share to make some tests with.

Page 112 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast