Weekly News #19: All about releases
Ubuntu Weekly News #19 is out, covering the extremely busy week of October 15th-21st. The week has been packed, continuing use 6.06LTS, building up to the final gold disk for 6.10 and even the announcement of the naming for 7.04 due out next year!
In this issue there’s coverage of:
The main weekly feature highlights the Scribus desktop publishing (DTP) package. Scribus is a fantastic tool used for creating flyers, posters, or any other similar material that requires a high-level of graphic design and control. One of the most popular features is direct PDF output for transferring high-quality output to both the Web and commercial printers, something that makes the program extremely easy to get to grips with.
- The Ubuntu 6.10 release candidate
- Mark Shuttleworth code-naming Ubuntu 7.04
- A feel-good “Thank You!” for the Edubuntu team
- All the latest chances in Edgy
- Oracle relationship speculation
- BBC World Service interview about Ubuntu and online text-books
- Finding and scheduling release parties
- The Toronto Free Software and Open Source Symposium
- The lastest backports and happening with 6.06 LTS
Read Issue #19 and then get involved with the team behind the newsletter by joining the Ubuntu Marketing Team.