Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 85

Thread: Wolvix Talk

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Beans
    4,022

    Re: Wolvix Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by kazuya View Post
    explain faster though. Is that in bootup. Speed of launching apps, gaming, surfing the web, etc. Because this is what Zenwalk did better than the rest I have tried except maybe vectorlinux. Perhaps, the xorg 6.9 is an advantage in regards to this. I want to know why or how?

    I think I would soon get that distro as well. Can I add kde, gnome, etc on it, and enlightenment on it.
    faster in all of the above in general. Give it a test for 3 to 4 months and see what you think.






  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    2 exits past crazy
    Beans
    4,223
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

    Re: Wolvix Talk

    Not only is it a nice distro, Wolven is a great guy too. We used to chat on the Gentoo forums before he became "consumed" by Wolvix.

    He also has a huge collection of "Gentoo Bubble Icons" that many people enjoy.

    http://www.ionbox.org/

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Beans
    4,022

    Re: Wolvix Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by yabbadabbadont View Post
    Not only is it a nice distro, Wolven is a great guy too. We used to chat on the Gentoo forums before he became "consumed" by Wolvix.

    He also has a huge collection of "Gentoo Bubble Icons" that many people enjoy.

    http://www.ionbox.org/
    Those bubble icon are great,....Wolven has done a wonderful job with Wolvix....simply beauiful and fast OS.

    A work of fine art as far as OS's go.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    in the dark
    Beans
    1,513

    Re: Wolvix Talk

    Ive put the cub version on my usb. The only bad thing is it cant recognise my widescreen and am unable to configure it.

    On the up side though, its very fast, even from my usb drive. Id recommend that everyone give it a go, or at least keep download it and put it on a spare disk (or usb drive) and keep it for emergencies.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    2 exits past crazy
    Beans
    4,223
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

    Re: Wolvix Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by slimdog360 View Post
    Ive put the cub version on my usb. The only bad thing is it cant recognise my widescreen and am unable to configure it.

    On the up side though, its very fast, even from my usb drive. Id recommend that everyone give it a go, or at least keep download it and put it on a spare disk (or usb drive) and keep it for emergencies.
    Join the wolvix forums and bring up your issue. Wolven and his helpers are very good about helping to solve or workaround issues.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Brisbane
    Beans
    1,457
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

    Re: Wolvix Talk

    Is there an amd64 version?
    "Total paranoia is just total awareness." - Charles Manson

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Beans
    4,022

    Re: Wolvix Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by slimdog360 View Post
    Ive put the cub version on my usb. The only bad thing is it cant recognise my widescreen and am unable to configure it.

    On the up side though, its very fast, even from my usb drive. Id recommend that everyone give it a go, or at least keep download it and put it on a spare disk (or usb drive) and keep it for emergencies.
    could you write and post a HowTo install Wolvix Cub to your USB drive?

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    2 exits past crazy
    Beans
    4,223
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

    Re: Wolvix Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by RAV TUX View Post
    could you write and post a HowTo install Wolvix Cub to your USB drive?
    Wolvix already has one for you: http://wiki.wolvix.org/USBFlashDriveInstall

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    in the dark
    Beans
    1,513

    Re: Wolvix Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by RAV TUX View Post
    could you write and post a HowTo install Wolvix Cub to your USB drive?
    Ive been beaten to it but I would have wrote.

    Step one. put in cd and turn on computer
    Step two. open wolvix menu and click 'install to usb drive'.
    Step three. thats it.

    It really is a great distro.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    2 exits past crazy
    Beans
    4,223
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

    Re: Wolvix Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by slimdog360 View Post
    Ive been beaten to it but I would have wrote.

    Step one. put in cd and turn on computer
    Step two. open wolvix menu and click 'install to usb drive'.
    Step three. thats it.

    It really is a great distro.
    So they've got the automated installer working now. That's really cool. Sounds like it is time to dust off the thumbdrive.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •