Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Shuttleworth: "Pretty is a feature"

Beans

Re: Shuttleworth: "Pretty is a feature"

I wonder why a dull brown was chosen as the theme colour then??
    Imagination is more important than knowledge

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by slimdog360 View Post
    I wonder why a dull brown was chosen as the theme colour then??
    It isn't meant as a "dull" brown, it's meant as a "warm" and "earthy" brown.

Beans

it would be so nice if part of that "beautifulness" aim included pressuring video card manufacturers to release better drivers (if not release them under gpl or similar)... compiz wants you to have good 3d, meaning good drivers... but that's utopia

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by CarpKing View Post
    It isn't meant as a "dull" brown, it's meant as a "warm" and "earthy" brown.
    It seems what they meant to do and what they did do have been two different things. At least in my eyes that is.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

It seems what they meant to do and what they did do have been two different things. At least in my eyes that is.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Thats why we have countless themes .
    echo -e "\x6f\x61\x73\x61\x6c\x6f\x6e\x65\x6e\x40\x67 \b\x6d\x61\x69\x6c\x2e\x63\x6f\x6d"
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by slimdog360 View Post
    I happen to like brown. It's the colour of skin (for most of humanity). It's the colour of the earth. It's warm & comforting. And it makes the default desktop different from a BILLION other cool-blue-desktops. Except Kubuntu. Kubuntu uses Kool Blue Kolours.

Beans

I'm kind of tired of all of the people who whine and moan about the default colors. I haven't used a grey and blue theme on Windows since Win98. I used the default XP theme for about a minute before changing it.

Additionally, there isn't possibly one default theme that can please every possible user.

I like brown. If they took brown away, I would just put it back. On my RedHat station at work, I use a variant of the Human theme, just because the blues and all felt too cold and detached.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rayker View Post
    I'm kind of tired of all of the people who whine and moan about the default colors. I haven't used a grey and blue theme on Windows since Win98. I used the default XP theme for about a minute before changing it.

Additionally, there isn't possibly one default theme that can please every possible user.

I like brown. If they took brown away, I would just put it back. On my RedHat station at work, I use a variant of the Human theme, just because the blues and all felt too cold and detached.
    What you're saying is true, but I find it annoying that there is not even one non-brown theme to choose from as an option that's included with the standard install. Come on, can't the Ubuntu folks throw us a bone and include one blue desktop as an option in the distro?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by greggh View Post
    What you're saying is true, but I find it annoying that there is not even one non-brown theme to choose from as an option that's included with the standard install. Come on, can't the Ubuntu folks throw us a bone and include one blue desktop as an option in the distro?
    A single-CD distro is like a haiku. One theme fits. You could argue that it would be trivial to include a few more themes if emacs and nano weren't shipped with Ubuntu, though.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Sorry... but the muddy salmon colour in Edgy does nothing for me.

Everything else is sexy though
    Lose all your fears, they're keeping you down.
    Windows-Free since 2nd September 2006

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast