Code:
    lleberg@margit:~/linuxdcpp$ sudo scons
    scons: Reading SConscript files ...
    Checking for g++ >= 3.4...ok
    Checking for pkg-config... ok
    Checking for gtk+-2.0 >= 2.6... failed
    gtk+ >= 2.6 not found.
    Seems to be a problem :/

Edit: damn, i hate this, searching without noticing what forum i end up in!
    Last edited by lleberg; March 6th, 2006 at 11:08 PM.
    I <3 my unicycle!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Re: HOWTO: Install DC++ for linux

The latest version uses has some shiny progressbars which require gtk2.6 - I'm guessing this is the problem as earlier versions only needed 2 or 2.4 I think. I don't have ubuntu to hand so can't do any testing, but I rekon if you do the apt get line again but replace the 2.4's with 2.6's it will all work fine.

Beans

Hi all!

In order to install linuxdcpp from the debian package, all you have to do it recompile it using your packages.
    The way to do it is really easy if you look on Google.

I think it might be added to ubuntu after dapper release.

Romain

Beans

I tweaked the linuxdcpp package from debian unstable so that the dependencies work with Ubuntu. It's a pretty recent CVS snapshot (02/17/2006) and works great. Get it here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by zacman
    I tweaked the linuxdcpp package from debian unstable so that the dependencies work with Ubuntu. It's a pretty recent CVS snapshot (02/17/2006) and works great. Get it here.
    Yay, that works right out of the box on my new Breezy installation. Thanks.
    02/17/06, eh? That's my birthday.
    Some people say I'm a man of few words, but the fact is that most people talk too much without actually saying anything.

If you have to ask, then I'm somewhere you're not.
    Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 6.06

Hi!

I followed your tutorial and had nothing but success (yay!)! But for future reference, how do I update it? Do I just go to the directory and put in CVS update? Or do I need to do something with all the CVS pserver stuff, but adding update? Also: after doing whatever update step is necessary, is that the end, or do I have to actually do all the installation steps again (w/scons and whatnot)?

I'm just new to CVS stuff and would like to know...and this seems an appropriate place since it's an app you get from there and that I use...

Thanks,
    Door

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

LadyDoor: To update, you just run the following commands in the linuxdcpp directory:

Code:
    $cvs update -d
    $scons
    If you installed it to somewhere on your system, you have to run scons install with the PREFIX set to wherever you installed it.

See the official linuxdcpp guide at Ldcpp Manual

I tried to make the guide as distribution agnostic as possible, but it should be pretty simple to follow regardless. Also, as you can see on the guide, ther are official Debian packages maintained by Romain at http://packages.debian.org/unstable/net/linuxdcpp that he keeps quite up-to-date. Keep in mind these are not official linuxdcpp packages, just Debian ones. We are waiting until the program is stable enough before making any binaries.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

About the hash data problem mentioned earlier, this is a problem with the DC++ core that is fixed in more recent versions. Naga is in the process of porting the newest DC++ core to LinuxDC++. You can see the progress on his site: http://ldcpp.dx.homelinux.org/ldcpp/wiki

Feel free to test his patch (patch -p2 < filename_of_patch.patch) and let him know about any undiscovered bugs. But beware, changes to DC++ queue saving causes queue sources to be deleted so back up your profile first.

Also, we increased the required GTK+ version since the progress bars I added require it. This shouldn't be a problem since Breezy Badger comes with GTK+ 2.8 and everyone else just needs to apt-get update.

If you have to ask, then I'm somewhere you're not.
    Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 6.06

Hi all!

This is probably a weird-sounding question, but does anybody know of a text-based (like curses or something, not command-line--that'd be a challenge, to say the least) or other type of keyboard-driven dc++ program that I could install? The one described in this thread works great, but the touchpad on my laptop is kind of messed up and there is pretty much no way to navigate this program with the keyboard (also, is there some kind of Feature Requests thing for the program? I definitely would not be looking for a replacement if it worked via keyboard at all)...does anyone have any suggestions (I tried google and found the appropriate words but they were never describing the same program, which is a difficulty)?

Thanks, and sorry to co-opt the thread but I didn't really know where else to post this because it's kind of Gnome/KDE/etc. agnostic (or atheist, if text-based...)
    Door

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

There's a guy in the #linuxdc++ channel who said he was working on an ncurses based dc++ port, but I don't know how far along he is. I believe his nick is xcow.

There's a feature request for linuxdc++ at:
    http://developer.berlios.de/feature/?group_id=2230

Someone else has already opened a similar request already, though:
    http://developer.berlios.de/bugs/?fu...&group_id=2230

I'm actually planning on adding keyboard events to the program sometime soon, I've just been waiting for naga to finish up his branch so I don't make a lot more code that he has to integrate.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast