Thread: GraphCalc?

Beans

GraphCalc?

I used this program in windows when I was in school. Its at www.graphcalc.com. But I see that is has pretty much been abandoned after a linux version was made late 2003. Is there a program that is like this one? Could this project be resurrected from the grave?
    Having a calculator on the computer that mimics the functionary of a ti-86 calculator would really be useful in Edubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: GraphCalc?

I use kmplot

it doesnt run TI programs, but if you just want to graph some functions... its great.

In fact I use it a lot. you can save the graph as a scalable vector graphic or a png, and pop ut into an OOo document I use that and the formula editor for math write-ups.

I wouldnt even have a TI-** if I could bring my ubuntu box in for the test.

Gnome has a similar graphing calculator, but I dont care for it.

I believe there is a third, mono based one in the repos somewhere.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

now that I think of it, there is a tiemu (TI Emulator) that needs the firmware to be uploaded from your TI-86 (the emulator is free, but the TI bios for the caluclator is not, but if you have it in your calculator, you can upload it...) that will mimic the functionality of a TI-** perfectly. Which is nice if you need it to run odd programs that can be loaded on the calculator.

again, that all depends on what you are using it for, I'm not sure a campus could get away with that, but on the small scale, it is probably sort of legal (so long as everyone who would use it has a valid TI-** license--IE a calculator.)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 15.10 Wily Werewolf

have you tried lybniz?

its a simple graph plotter. there is an lybniz ubuntu package available.

let me know if there are more features you would like to see in it.