Thread: my Ubuntu book came today!!

Beans

my Ubuntu book came today!!

Today I got the Official Ubuntu Book in the mail. Did anyone else buy one? I was looking through it and it seems very professional. Now all we need is an "Ubuntu for Dummies" and we are going mainstream baby woo wooo.
    Workers of the world unite! Do not go unheard!! soviet-empire.com

Beans

Re: my Ubuntu book came today!!

Now, you should be able to answer all the threads here!!!
    In the world of Linux, who needs Windows and Gates...

Got most of my golden beans at an auction on eBay (with a couple of free drinks).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by jpazindustries View Post
    Today I got the Official Ubuntu Book in the mail. Did anyone else buy one? I was looking through it and it seems very professional. Now all we need is an "Ubuntu for Dummies" and we are going mainstream baby woo wooo.
    I hope we don't get Ubuntu WITH dummies.

Beans
    Hidden!

awesome! i still have a breezy disk, if you need one. just kidding. how is it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Greetings All,

I've been reading The Official Ubuntu Book for a month and I can honestly say that it's one of the best book bound purchases I've made in some years, and I'm not one for buying books regularly either, I usually have no interest with them but come last month I thought I would purchase it. And I don't regret it. It's clear, it's concise and it's perfect. Every term is well explained, and layed out in a logical and easy-to-use fashion, highlighted with explainatory images where applicable and an excellent source of information for anyones needs.
    taurus is correct. After you've read the book, you'll be able to help others with ease.

Installation issues? Resort the the book. Kubuntu query? Again, the book is there to aid you. Ubuntu Server update issue? Your book is your best aid. This is the most definitive and easy-to-follow Linux book I have ever read. I demand a sequel!

Purchase this book, it's a must for all!

Regards,

Not the man I once was
    Last edited by PriceChild; February 26th, 2008 at 12:47 AM.

Anonii is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Not the man I once was View Post
    Greetings All,

I've been reading The Official Ubuntu Book for a month and I can honestly say that it's one of the best book bound purchases I've made in some years, and I'm not one for buying books regularly either, I usually have no interest with them but come last month I thought I would purchase it. And I don't regret it. It's clear, it's concise and it's perfect. Every term is well explained, and layed out in a logical and easy-to-use fashion, highlighted with explainatory images where applicable and an excellent source of information for anyones needs.
    taurus is correct. After you've read the book, you'll be able to help others with ease.

Installation issues? Resort the the book. Kubuntu query? Again, the book is there to aid you. Ubuntu Server update issue? Your book is your best aid. This is the most definitive and easy-to-follow Linux book I have ever read. I demand a sequel!

Purchase this book, it's a must for all!

Regards,

Not the man I once was
    Actually, all these info are easily and freely available in this forum too.

But well, I guess it would be a nice read for resting your eyes, away from the computer.
    Last edited by PriceChild; March 7th, 2008 at 08:15 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Like a horse's a$$, I bought the 'UBUNTU: From Novice To Professional' by Keir Thomas @ A-Press. Not as soon as I did that, this book came out... Still, can't complain, this book is pretty interesting and it truly starts at a novice level... Down-side: the CD and book revolve around 'Breezy Badger' with only little updates about 6.06LTS....

Registered Linux User #419773, Ubuntu User #8473 ("It Is What It Is")

If you type rm -Rf / as root at command line you will get herpes... then die... (okay, it'll erase ALL your data)

Beans

i was interested...but what is about?
    it is a manual, a sort of description of the project?
    and what can you learn?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Gargamella View Post
    i was interested...but what is about?
    it is a manual, a sort of description of the project?
    and what can you learn?
    buy the book and you will know the knowledge of the Ubuntu universe. hahaha
    Workers of the world unite! Do not go unheard!! soviet-empire.com

Beans

I got mine two days ago.. a friend flew to USA and bought the last copy at a Borders... I am a happy man.. I have just started reading it.. and to read about the history is pretty cool... and the tons of explanations on apps is also pretty cool... I dig the altern install deailed... I log the painles install years... my pc is too old for graphial installs...

but what a great book