Page 40 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: How I got Guild Wars working in Wine 0.9.23

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Re: How I got Guild Wars working in Wine 0.9.23

Try these Registry settings. Bumped my framerates up by around 10.
    (Save this as a .reg file and import it in regedit)
    Code:
    REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D]

"DirectDrawRenderer"="opengl"

"OffscreenRenderingMode"="backbuffer"

"opengl"="enabled"

"RenderTargetLockMode"="auto"

"UseGLSL"="enabled"

"VideoMemorySize"="256"
    Ubuntu > Windows
    Man is free at the instant he wants to be. -- Voltaire

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

i only get 10 fps or less when i am in the login and character screens in guildwars.
    When i am actually playing it runs at 20-26 fps, on windows it usually ran at 56-60 fps.
    Last edited by cor2y; April 1st, 2007 at 06:49 PM.

Beans

Mh 0.9.34 works fine now, but I still need the lights-patch?! Am I the only one who still needs it?

To test this it seems that the Jin Jea Monastry is the best place to do it (Factions/Cantha Tutorial) just walk around the city, while looking around. If your GW locks up you will need the patch

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by Azakus View Post
    Try these Registry settings. Bumped my framerates up by around 10.
    (Save this as a .reg file and import it in regedit)
    Code:
    REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D]

"DirectDrawRenderer"="opengl"

"OffscreenRenderingMode"="backbuffer"

"opengl"="enabled"

"RenderTargetLockMode"="auto"

"UseGLSL"="enabled"

"VideoMemorySize"="256"
    What is this even supposed to do. I personally noticed absolutely nothing. A little explanation as to what a registry file will do would help .

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by Factory View Post
    What is this even supposed to do. I personally noticed absolutely nothing. A little explanation as to what a registry file will do would help .
    Those registry entries make WINE use OpenGL to render files instead of the buggier GDI32, at the expense of some compatibility (or so I've heard). Earlier posts here have more detail. I'll dreg those up.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=231
    http://wiki.winehq.org/UsefulRegistryKeys
    Ubuntu > Windows
    Man is free at the instant he wants to be. -- Voltaire

Beans

I got it running with the script, and I got roughtly the same performance, but I had a lot of trouble with rendering. With things on auto detect (medium setting) I'd get flashes of unrendered ground, jumpy blocks, etc. Turned down to low this reduced to near zero, still very playable. But after a while of playing (no specific time) things that were working would stop rendering. The ground, just about every enemy, some armors, etc. Mostly outside of town. It made the game no fun to play - you can only kill so many enemies that are just white manikans before you get bored. Did anyone else experience this? Does the new version of Wine make it any better?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by rillip View Post
    I got it running with the script, and I got roughtly the same performance, but I had a lot of trouble with rendering. With things on auto detect (medium setting) I'd get flashes of unrendered ground, jumpy blocks, etc. Turned down to low this reduced to near zero, still very playable. But after a while of playing (no specific time) things that were working would stop rendering. The ground, just about every enemy, some armors, etc. Mostly outside of town. It made the game no fun to play - you can only kill so many enemies that are just white manikans before you get bored. Did anyone else experience this? Does the new version of Wine make it any better?
    Simply 'yes'. With every new release of Wine Guild Wars seems to run better.

Hopefully we'll be at 100% conversion... I'm half-expecting version 1.0 to do this.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I have the latest version of wine, and installed Guild Wars. When the game starts up, it goes very, very slow, getting to the point where I can't even exit out normally. My system is somewhat old, but with the settings low, it could run guild wars without a huge problem.

Is there anything I could do to fix this?

Beans

I seem to be experiencing the same slowdown issue. I can play for maybe 10 minutes before the game grinds to a halt.

Beans

Today I was testig around with various windows-versions (in the winecfg-menu) and was very surprised, that there was a difference between the fps I got. Here a list of the fps on one scene (Guildhall):

Win2.0 : 57
    Win3.0 : 57-58
    Win3.1 : 58-59
    WinNT3.5 : 57-58
    WinNT4.0 : 56-57
    Win95 : 57
    Win98 : 57
    WinME : 57
    Win2000 : 57
    WinXP : 58
    Win2003 : 57

I am using Win3.1 now. And I can recommend the tool "rovclock" which allows over- / underclocking of ati-cards, very usefull for me.
    I recently tried the open source radeon drivers (r300 for me) and got it working (with not that good performance and graphic errors, but it is working) If you just start GW without changing anything to your system it will use software rendering. You will have to install the tool driconf, start it and switch off the "fallback anything" button and disable the first button on the next page. Then GW will run with hardware rendering
    Last edited by Flyser; April 5th, 2007 at 04:03 PM.

Page 40 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast