Page 951 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 4518519019419499509519529539611001105114511951 ... LastLast
Results 9,501 to 9,510 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by londonali1010 View Post
    Huullloooo! Yeah, I thought you'd been quiet. It's all kicked off around here, you've got a lot to catch up on!
    No kidding - and it looks like everyone is following the piper!

Hello piper londonali1010!!

Oh and for the clock - stop thinking in "decimals"!
    Think in °-degrees (hours) '-minutes "-seconds

24 = 60*60*24 = 86400 seconds

1 hour = 3600 seconds
    6 hours = 21600 seconds
    30 minutes = 1800 seconds

hours
    01/13 = 30°
    02/14 = 60°
    03/15 = 90°
    04/16 = 120°
    05/17 = 150°
    06/18 = 180°
    07/19 = 210°
    08/20 = 240°
    09/21 = 270°
    10/22 = 300°
    11/23 = 330°
    12/24 = 360°

30 minutes is obviously 15° which would make 6:30 - 180+15 = 195°

http://www.quadriviumcode.com/Quadri...os_screen.html

CHIMO!
    Bruce

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Sarai the Geek View Post
    Well, I didn't know that option existed so I'm no expert here, but a quick google seems to suggest that xft is an actual type of font... so it may not work unless you are using an xft font? I'm going to play around with it, it would be cool if conky had text transparency (alpha) from within the program instead of with 3rd party hacks.

[EDIT: scratch that, it works for me with truetype fonts... what version of conky are you using?]
    Hi,

Yeah I tried that (changing to a xft font) by using:
    "xftfont Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:size=8"
    in my conky file.

Nothing changed.

Oh and I'm using conky 1.7.2 as I'm runnning the currently popular 'rings.lua' script.

Anyone any ideas as to why I cannot alpha out the text.

I know that it's possible, there is even a how-to on the conky-harcore site, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

http://conky.linux-hardcore.com/?page_id=1420

Any ideas ?
    The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the fact that it was he, by peddling second-rate technology, who led them into it in the first place.
    DA

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Sarai the Geek View Post
    Well, I didn't know that option existed so I'm no expert here, but a quick google seems to suggest that xft is an actual type of font... so it may not work unless you are using an xft font? I'm going to play around with it, it would be cool if conky had text transparency (alpha) from within the program instead of with 3rd party hacks.

[EDIT: scratch that, it works for me with truetype fonts... what version of conky are you using?]
    You mention 3rd party hacks. What would they be ?

Cheers.
    The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the fact that it was he, by peddling second-rate technology, who led them into it in the first place.
    DA

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

sorry for the ugly coding, but it was a little here, little there with about 300 separate killall conky... conky commands typed.

anyone know why the disk usage bar for the fat32 drive 'M3D1A' isn't accurate?

Code:
    use_xft yes
    xftfont Liberation Sans:size=8
    override_utf8_locale yes

text_buffer_size 2048
    update_interval 1
    total_run_times 0
    double_buffer yes
    no_buffers yes
    net_avg_samples 1
    cpu_avg_samples 1

own_window_class Conky
    own_window yes
    own_window_type override
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager

default_color cccccc
    draw_shades no

color0 white
    color1 E07A1F
    color2 white

alignment top_right
    gap_x 25
    gap_y 40
    minimum_size 182 0
    maximum_width 182

imlib_cache_size 0

TEXT
    ${font Liberation Sans:style=Bold:size=8}SYSTEM $stippled_hr${font}
    ${color0}${voffset 6}${font OpenLogos:size=19}u${font}${color}${goto 32}${voffset -14}Kernel:  ${alignr}${color2}${kernel}${color}
    ${goto 32}Uptime: ${alignr}${color2}${uptime}${color}
    ${offset 1}${color0}${font Poky:size=16}P${font}${offset -19}${voffset 9}${cpubar cpu0 4,18}${color}${voffset -15}${voffset -1}${goto 32}CPU1: ${font Liberation Sans:style=Bold:size=8}${color1}${cpu cpu1}%${color}${font} ${alignr}${color2}${cpugraph cpu1 8,60 CE5C00 E07A1F}${color}
    ${voffset -1}${goto 32}CPU2: ${font Liberation Sans:style=Bold:size=8}${color1}${cpu cpu2}%${color}${font} ${alignr}${color2}${cpugraph cpu2 8,60 CE5C00 E07A1F}${color}
    ${offset 1}${color0}${font Poky:size=16}M${font}${color}${goto 32}${voffset -7}RAM: ${font Liberation Sans:style=Bold:size=8}${color1}$memperc% ${color}${alignr}${membar 8,60}
    ${offset 1}${voffset 2}${color2}${membar 4,18}${font}${color}${goto 32}${voffset -2}SWAP: ${font Liberation Sans:style=Bold:size=8}${color1}$swapperc% ${color}${alignr}${swapbar 8,60}

${voffset 4}${color}${font Liberation Sans:style=Bold:size=8}FILE SYSTEM $stippled_hr${font}
    ${color0}${voffset 6}${font Poky:size=16}y${font}${color}${goto 32}${voffset -7}"/": ${font Liberation Sans:style=Bold:size=8}${color1}${fs_used_perc /}% ${alignr}${color}${fs_bar 8,90}

${offset 1}${voffset 2}${font}${color}${goto 32}${voffset -14}M3D1A: ${font Liberation Sans:style=Bold:size=8}${color1}${fs_used_perc /media/m3d1a}% ${color}${font}${alignr}${color}${fs_bar 8,60 '/media/m3d1a'}

${voffset 4}${font Liberation Sans:style=Bold:size=8}${color}DATE $stippled_hr${font}

${voffset -10}${alignc 45}${color2}${font Arial Black:size=26}${time %r}${font}${color}
    ${alignc}${time %A %B %d, %Y}

${voffset 4}${font Liberation Sans:style=Bold:size=8}NETWORK $stippled_hr${font}
    ${if_existing /proc/net/route wlan0}
    ${voffset -13}${color0}${font VariShapes Solid:size=14}q${font}${color}${goto 32}${voffset -6}Up: ${font Liberation Sans:style=Bold:size=8}${color1}${upspeed wlan0}${color}${font} ${alignr}${color2}${upspeedgraph wlan0 8,60 CE5C00 E07A1F}${color}
    ${goto 32}Total: ${color2}${totalup wlan0}${color}
    ${voffset -2}${color0}${font VariShapes Solid:size=14}Q${font}${color}${goto 32}${voffset -6}Down: ${font Liberation Sans:style=Bold:size=8}${color1}${downspeed wlan0}${color}${font} ${alignr}${color2}${downspeedgraph wlan0 8,60 CE5C00 E07A1F}${color}
    ${goto 32}Total: ${color2}${totaldown wlan0}${color}
    ${voffset -2}${color0}${font Poky:size=14}Y${font}${color}${goto 32} ${voffset -2}Signal: ${font Liberation Sans:style=Bold:size=8}${color1}${wireless_link_qual wlan0}%${color}${font} ${alignr}${color2}${wireless_link_bar 8,60 wlan0}${color}
    ${voffset 4}${color0}${font Poky:size=13}w${font}${color}${goto 32}${voffset -8}Local IP: ${alignr}${color2}${addr wlan0}${color}
    ${goto 32}Public IP: ${alignr}${color2}${execi 10800 ~/.conky/ip.sh}${color}
    ${else}${if_existing /proc/net/route eth0}
    ${voffset -13}${color0}${font VariShapes Solid:size=14}q${font}${color}${goto 32}${voffset -6}Up: ${font Liberation Sans:style=Bold:size=8}${color1}${upspeed eth0}${color}${font} ${alignr}${color2}${upspeedgraph eth0 8,60 CE5C00 E07A1F}${color}
    ${goto 32}Total: ${color2}${totalup eth0}${color}
    ${voffset -2}${color0}${font VariShapes Solid:size=14}Q${font}${color}${goto 32}${voffset -6}Down: ${font Liberation Sans:style=Bold:size=8}${color1}${downspeed eth0}${color}${font} ${alignr}${color2}${downspeedgraph eth0 8,60 CE5C00 E07A1F}${color}
    ${goto 32}Total: ${color2}${totaldown eth0}${color}
    ${voffset -2}${color0}${font Poky:size=13}w${font}${color}${goto 32}${voffset -4}Local IP: ${alignr}${color2}${addr eth0}${color}
    ${goto 32}Public IP: ${alignr}${color2}${execi 10800 ~/.conky/ip.sh}${color}
    ${endif}${else}${if_existing /proc/net/route ppp0}
    ${voffset -13}${color0}${font VariShapes Solid:size=14}q${font}${color}${goto 32}${voffset -6}Up: ${font Liberation Sans:style=Bold:size=8}${color1}${upspeed ppp0}${color}${font} ${alignr}${color2}${upspeedgraph ppp0 8,60 CE5C00 E07A1F}${color}
    ${goto 32}Total: ${color2}${totalup ppp0}${color}
    ${voffset -2}${color0}${font VariShapes Solid:size=14}Q${font}${color}${goto 32}${voffset -6}Down: ${font Liberation Sans:style=Bold:size=8}${color1}${downspeed ppp0}${color}${font} ${alignr}${color2}${downspeedgraph ppp0 8,60 CE5C00 E07A1F}${color}
    ${goto 32}Total: ${color2}${totaldown ppp0}${color}
    ${voffset -2}${color0}${font Poky:size=13}w${font}${color}${goto 32}${voffset -4}Local IP: ${alignr}${color2}${addr ppp0}${color}
    ${endif}${else}${voffset 4}${color0}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=12}4${font}${color}${goto 32}Network Unavailable${endif}${endif}
    ${color4}${font Terminus:style=Bold:size=14}@ ${font Terminus:style=Bold:size=11}Rhythmbox${font}

${color4}Template Output:
    ${color1}${execp conkyRhythmbox --template=/usr/share/conkyrhythmbox/example/conkyRhythmbox.template}

${color4}Standard Output:
    ${voffset 5}${color4} Title:  ${color1}${font}${exec conkyRhythmbox --datatype=TI} 
    ${color4} Position:  ${color1}${font}${exec conkyRhythmbox --datatype=PT}/${exec conkyRhythmbox --datatype=LE}
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

am new to ubuntu linux
    but am enjoying it

ANY CAN PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO BROWSE ~/Scripts/ ???

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Thumbs down Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by thilandm View Post
    am new to ubuntu linux
    but am enjoying it

ANY CAN PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO BROWSE ~/Scripts/ ???
    Um, open nautilus and go to your ~/Scripts Directory.

(seriously, bolded and all caps? we weren't ignoring you... )

Now. If my suggestion does not answer your question try rephrasing it and give us a little context, like:

"I'm trying to find a file that's supposed to be in my ~/Scripts directory but I can't seem to find it."
    or
    "I'm trying to make conky display a list of the filenames in my ~/Scripts directory."

...we're more likely to hop in to help when we understand the issue.

|| Kubuntu x86_64 (15.10 Dev.) || KDE 4.9.00 ||
    || Dell Inspiron 570 || 8GB PC3-10600 DDR3 RAM || AMD Phenom II X4 820 @ 2.8Ghz ||
    || Logitech M570 Trackball || Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard ||
    Conky: ... no such configuration: 'normal'

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Ok well my conky is killing a bunch of text from the bottom... can you help me.. (the middle one, that says calendar

Heres the conky
    background yes
    font Snap.se:size=10
    xftfont Snap.se:size=10
    use_xft yes
    xftalpha 0.1
    update_interval 0.5
    total_run_times 0
    own_window yes
    own_window_type override
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
    double_buffer yes
    draw_shades yes
    draw_outline no
    draw_borders no
    draw_graph_borders no
    minimum_size 200 5
    maximum_width 200
    default_color ffffff
    default_shade_color 000000
    default_outline_color 000000
    alignment top_middle
    gap_x -105
    gap_y 3
    no_buffers yes
    cpu_avg_samples 3
    override_utf8_locale no
    uppercase no # set to yes if you want all text to be in uppercase
    use_spacer no

TEXT

${font Aerial:style=Boldixelsize=14}${color}CALENDAR${font Snap.se:size=10}${color white}

${voffset -50} ${execpi 1 ~/.mail.sh}
    and here's the script the conky looks at.

#! /bin/bash
    rm ~/.calcurse/apts
    calcurse -i /home/eric/Pictures/Home.ics | sed 's/.*//'
    today=$(date +%D| sed 's/\//\\\//g')
    tomorrow=$(date -d tomorrow +%D| sed 's/\//\\\//g')
    twodays=$(date -d "2 days" +%D| sed 's/\//\\\//g')
    twodaysname=`date -d "2 days" +%A`
    threedays=$(date -d "3 days" +%D| sed 's/\//\\\//g')
    threedaysname=`date -d "3 days" +%A`
    fourdays=$(date -d "4 days" +%D| sed 's/\//\\\//g')
    f=`date -d "4 days" +%A`
    sdays=$(date -d "5 days" +%D| sed 's/\//\\\//g')
    sdaysname=`date -d "5 days" +%A`
    qdays=$(date -d "6 days" +%D| sed 's/\//\\\//g')
    qdaysname=`date -d "6 days" +%A`
    echo
    calcurse -r 7 | sed -e 's/-.//' -e 's/*.//' -e 's/^\ //' -e 's/->.*//' -e 's/\ \ //' -e 's/\n//' -e '/^$/ d' -e '/\ $/ {
    N
    s/\n//
    }' | sed -e 's/'$today':/-----Today-----/' -e 's/'$tomorrow':/\n----Tomorrow----/' -e 's/'$twodays':/\n----'$twodaysname'----/' -e 's/'$threedays':/\n----'$threedaysname'----/' -e 's/'$fourdays':/\n----'$f'----/' -e 's/'$sdays':/\n----'$sdaysname'----/' -e 's/'$qdays':/\n----'$qdaysname'----/'

Adding and removing empty lines does noting.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

no idea
    Last edited by dcclabough; October 4th, 2009 at 08:58 AM. Reason: im an idiot

Beans

Hi. I saw the fun you guys are having with conky and I decided to join in. Great work everyone!

I don't have any prior experience with Lua, but I did figure out the reason that the rings don't match the hands in the clock_rings script. The clock hands have corrections such that, for example,
    Code:
    mins_arc=(2*math.pi/60)*mins+secs_arc/60
    whereas the clock ring percentage is merely calculated by taking the number of minutes divided by 60. This means that pct only takes on values like
    1/60 = 0.0166...
    2/60 = 0.0333...
    etc.

Obviously, it's worse for the hour hand because the granularity is larger -- pct has values like
    1/12 = 0.0833...
    2/12 = 0.1666...
    etc.

The second-ring has no problems because the motion of the second-hand doesn't contain corrections from a smaller time increment.

Unfortunately, I don't have the expertise yet to fix it. It seems that some restructuring is needed because pct is a local variable of conky_clock_rings() and is calculated on independent runs for each of seconds, minutes and hours. As I mentioned, this is the first Lua code I have ever looked at, so I think someone else will have a better shot at fixing this than me.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Crinos512 View Post
    Um, open nautilus and go to your ~/Scripts Directory.

(seriously, bolded and all caps? we weren't ignoring you... )

Now. If my suggestion does not answer your question try rephrasing it and give us a little context, like:

"I'm trying to find a file that's supposed to be in my ~/Scripts directory but I can't seem to find it."
    or
    "I'm trying to make conky display a list of the filenames in my ~/Scripts directory."

...we're more likely to hop in to help when we understand the issue.

so sorry
    i jst mad as i coudnet find it
    that is why i post it likes that
    but i missed type CAN

Page 951 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 4518519019419499509519529539611001105114511951 ... LastLast