Page 1163 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1636631063111311531161116211631164116511731213126316632163 ... LastLast
Results 11,621 to 11,630 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by mobilediesel View Post
    Found it! Stupid thing wandered into the living room. So I guess he found me. Trapped it with a bowl, slid a piece of sheet-metal under so I could pick it up then took for a walk down the street. He'll have fun in the ditch.
    The sucker just sat there and let you drop a bowl over it? I wouldn't give it long odds of surviving the ditch then ^_^.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by abumaia View Post
    The sucker just sat there and let you drop a bowl over it? I wouldn't give it long odds of surviving the ditch then ^_^.
    It took several tries to get the bowl on him! He was pretty fast but they have lousy eyesight. With the many mice and bugs in this area, he'll have plenty of food. But then with the plenty of cats and large birds in this area, he'll have plenty of chances to BE food.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by abumaia View Post
    well, if I'm going to need to have a background in my conky, it's gotta look nice. I found this at conky hardcore, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. The only changes I made to the script were radius 15 to 10 and color from white to black, and the location was changed from ~/scripts/ to ~/ConkyScripts/.
    I got it figured out. They left out a little bit of info on calling the lua script in conkyrc.

However, it seems that the background is being drawn on top of the weather images I'm using, making them harder to see. Is there a way to specify which layer to put either the background or images on?

Beans
    Hidden!

Does anyone know how to turn on/off lua output based on the usual $if conditions that can be used in a conkyrc?

I have a "progress" ring for music that I don't want to display if the player isn't active...

I've attached 2 screenshots, one when playing normally and one when the player isn't running
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by PrimoTurbo View Post
    I always wondered if it's possible to create some type of a Sundial clock with conky, that also reflects weather.

Something like this:

Optional would also be to add Earth rotation somewhere in there.

Awesome or Crazy?
    Install povray from the repos, get the sundial.pov -example, read a bit in the povray-doc in order to create a sunlike lightsource and include that one.
    create a script which executes povray like every 10 min. and insert the created picture using imlib2, there you go!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Crinos512 View Post
    You are correct dmillerct, feh is needed because of the way plasma is implemented.

${texeci 3600 feh --bg-scale "`grep 'wallpaper=' ~/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc | head -n1 | tail --bytes=+11`"}

..another (more elegant solution, IMNSHO) assuming you have conky 1.7.2 or better is to use 'lua' like here, but a word of caution, it's addictive too.

Save this as ~/scripts/draw_bg.lua
    Code:
    --[[
    Background by londonali1010 (2009)

This script draws a background to the Conky window. It covers the whole of the Conky window, but you can specify rounded corners, if you wish.

To call this script in Conky, use (assuming you have saved this script to ~/scripts/):
    	lua_load ~/scripts/draw_bg.lua
    	lua_draw_hook_pre

Changelog:
    + v1.0 -- Original release (07.10.2009)
    ]]

-- Change these settings to affect your background.
    -- "corner_r" is the radius, in pixels, of the rounded corners. If you don't want rounded corners, use 0.

corner_r=15

-- Set the colour and transparency (alpha) of your background.

bg_colour=0x000000
    bg_alpha=0.4

require 'cairo'
    function rgb_to_r_g_b(colour,alpha)
    	return ((colour / 0x10000) % 0x100) / 255., ((colour / 0x100) % 0x100) / 255., (colour % 0x100) / 255., alpha
    end

function conky_draw_bg()
    	if conky_window==nil then return end
    	local w=conky_window.width
    	local h=conky_window.height
    	local cs=cairo_xlib_surface_create(conky_window.display, conky_window.drawable, conky_window.visual, w, h)
    	cr=cairo_create(cs)

cairo_move_to(cr,corner_r,0)
    	cairo_line_to(cr,w-corner_r,0)
    	cairo_curve_to(cr,w,0,w,0,w,corner_r)
    	cairo_line_to(cr,w,h-corner_r)
    	cairo_curve_to(cr,w,h,w,h,w-corner_r,h)
    	cairo_line_to(cr,corner_r,h)
    	cairo_curve_to(cr,0,h,0,h,0,h-corner_r)
    	cairo_line_to(cr,0,corner_r)
    	cairo_curve_to(cr,0,0,0,0,corner_r,0)
    	cairo_close_path(cr)

cairo_set_source_rgba(cr,rgb_to_r_g_b(bg_colour,bg_alpha))
    	cairo_fill(cr)
    end
    Hi again Crinos512.

Since you're running Kubuntu also, you just became my new best friend.

I did some research last night, and it looks like the lua script would be the way to go. Now a few questions about this. How would I call the script in conky (assuming that is what's required), if I were to have multiple conkys, would this be required in all of them, what other programs will I need to install to get this going?

I think this may be the only major hurdle I'll encounter, so hopefully my other questions will be easier.

Beans
    Hidden!

A buddy of mine, sen7, is probably one of the most creative people out there as far as configuring conky is concerned. Check his latest screen at the link.

http://sen7.deviantart.com/art/Scree...1-22-151263206

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Daisuke_Aramaki View Post
    A buddy of mine, sen7, is probably one of the most creative people out there as far as configuring conky is concerned. Check his latest screen at the link.

http://sen7.deviantart.com/art/Scree...1-22-151263206
    That is... the most... awesome conky... I have ever seen. Ever. Wow. I'm just... wowed. It beats mine which is in the same genre by light years (check here EDIT - I fixed the little bugs at the bottom and went from gnome-do to AWN, and now I have nothing because I formated to Lucid).
    Last edited by proxess; January 22nd, 2010 at 01:03 PM.
    Laptop: i7 4930MX @3.9GHz undervolted; 32GB 4x8GB Kingston HyperX Impact 1600MHz; Nvidia 780M 4GB; Samsung 840 EVO mSATA 250GB; Ubuntu 16.04 and Windows 10 Pro.
    Ubuntu #8076 / Linux #429448

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
    Does anyone know how to turn on/off lua output based on the usual $if conditions that can be used in a conkyrc?

I have a "progress" ring for music that I don't want to display if the player isn't active...

I've attached 2 screenshots, one when playing normally and one when the player isn't running
    This is something I have also wanted to do K, however because the lua load happens above TEXT and because I don't know enough about lua to create this in the script I gave up (for now)
    Registered Ubuntu User #29430

Beans
    Hidden!

This is strange.

As seen in the screenshot, I somehow managed to get the transparency issue figured out. All I did was install Lua and restart conky. I didn't even need to insert the Lua script that Crinos512 provided. I'm stumped.

I'm also stumped by the conky forecast I have on the bottom left. I got the conkyforecast and template by Bruce here:

http://conky.linux-hardcore.com/?page_id=2305

Thanks for letting me pilfer it, Bruce!

I just can't seem to get the thing to expand up and to the right. Everytime I change something, it seems to make it worse. I think I need a fresh set of eyes to look everything over and assist me with this. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

conkyforecast:
    Code:
    # UBUNTU-CONKY.

# Update interval in seconds
    update_interval 1.0

# Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)
    own_window 1
    own_window_type override #try also 'normal' or 'desktop' 
    own_window_transparent 1
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager

# Use double buffering (reduces flicker, may not work for everyone)
    double_buffer yes

text_buffer_size 6175 # large buffer needed

max_specials 512
    max_user_text 4000

# Minimum size of text area
    #minimum_size 300 5
    #maximum_width 300

draw_shades no
    draw_outline no # amplifies text if yes
    draw_borders no
    draw_graph_borders no

use_xft yes
    xftalpha 0.9
    xftfont Candera:size=8
    uppercase no
    override_utf8_locale yes
    use_spacer no

stippled_borders 3
    border_margin 9
    border_width 10

# Gap between borders of screen and text
    gap_x 20
    gap_y 20

# Default colors and also border colors, grey90 == #e5e5e5
    default_color grey
    color1 orange

#	colours below used by colorize script
    color7 lightblue
    color8 yellow
    color9 red

# Text alignment, other possible values are commented
    #alignment top_left
    #alignment top_right
    alignment bottom_left
    #alignment bottom_right

# stuff after 'TEXT' will be formatted on screen
    TEXT
    ${voffset -50}${execpi 1800 conkyForecast --location=xxxxxxxx --template=/home/xxxxxx/Conky/scripts/conkyForecast.template}
    conkyForecast.template:

Code:
    ${image [--datatype=WI --imperial] -p 12,0 -s 90x90}${goto 120}${color2}${font Zekton:size=20}[--datatype=DW --imperial --shortweekday --startday=0]:${color6} [--datatype=HT --imperial]
    ${goto 120}${voffset -10}${font Zekton:bold:size=9}${color2}Apparent Temperature: ${color6}[--datatype=LT --imperial --night]${font}
    ${goto 120}${color2}Mín: ${color6}[--startday=0 --datatype=LT --imperial --night] ${color2}Máx: ${color9}[--startday=0 --datatype=HT --imperial --night]
    ${goto 10}${voffset 10}${font Zekton:bold:size=11} ${color7}[--datatype=CC --imperial]${color}${font}
    ${goto 10}${voffset 3}${color7}Visibility:${color8} [--datatype=VI --imperial]
    ${goto 10}${voffset 3}${color7}P. de R.: ${color8}[--datatype=DP --imperial]${color}
    ${goto 10}${voffset 3}${color7}Pressure: ${color8}[--datatype=BR --imperial] - [--datatype=BD --imperial]${color}
    ${goto 10}${voffset 3}${color7}Humidity: ${color8}[--datatype=HM --imperial]  ${color7}UV: ${color8}[--datatype=UI --imperial] - ${color8}[--datatype=UT --imperial]
    ${goto 15}${voffset 5}${color8}${font SunNMoon:size=50}n${font}${goto 70}${voffset -38}${font Arrows:size 20}${color3}b${color8}${font}[--datatype=SR --imperial]
    ${goto 75}${color0}Luz: [--datatype=DL --imperial]
    ${goto 70}${font Arrows:size 20}${color1}h${color8}${font}[--datatype=SS --imperial]${color}
    ${image [--datatype=MI --imperial] -p 173,180 -s 55x55}
    ${goto 15}${font DejaVu Sans Mono:bold:size=7}W:[--datatype=LU --imperial] -=- C:[--datatype=LF --imperial]${font}
    ${image [--datatype=BI --imperial] -p 280,6 -s 80x80}
    ${goto 280}${voffset -195}${color7}(${color8}[--datatype=WA --imperial]°${color7}) ${color8}[--datatype=WD --imperial]
    ${goto 300}${voffset 5}${color8}[--datatype=WS --imperial]
    ${voffset -110}${goto 380}${color2}[--datatype=DW --imperial --shortweekday --startday=1]:${color1}[--datatype=HT --imperial --hideunits --hidedegreesymbol --startday=1]${color}/${color7}[--datatype=LT --imperial --hideunits --hidedegreesymbol --startday=1]${goto 480}${color2}[--datatype=DW --imperial --shortweekday --startday=2]:${color1}[--datatype=HT --imperial--hideunits --hidedegreesymbol --startday=2]${color}/${color7}[--datatype=LT --imperial --hideunits --hidedegreesymbol --startday=2]${goto 580}${color2}[--datatype=DW --imperial --shortweekday --startday=3]:${color1}[--datatype=HT --imperial --hideunits --hidedegreesymbol --startday=3]${color}/${color7}[--datatype=LT --imperial --hideunits --hidedegreesymbol --startday=3]
    ${image [--datatype=WI --imperial --startday=1] -p 380,20 -s 50x50}${image [--datatype=WI --imperial --startday=2] -p 480,20 -s 50x50}${image [--datatype=WI --imperial --startday=3] -p 580,20 -s 50x50}
    ${voffset 30}${goto 380}${color7}Sol:${color3}[--datatype=SR --imperial --startday=1]${goto 480}${color7}Sol:${color3}[--datatype=SR --imperial --startday=2]${goto 580}${color7}Sol:${color3}[--datatype=SR --imperial --startday=3]
    ${goto 380}${color7}   :${color1}[--datatype=SS --imperial --startday=1]${color}${goto 480}${color7}   :${color1}[--datatype=SS --imperial --startday=2]${color}${goto 580}${color7}   :${color1}[--datatype=SS --imperial --startday=3]${color}
    ${goto 380}${color7}Luz:${color8}[--datatype=DL --imperial --startday=1]${color}${goto 480}${color7}Luz:${color8}[--datatype=DL --imperial --startday=2]${color}${goto 580}${color7}Luz:${color8}[--datatype=DL --imperial --startday=3]${color}
    ${voffset 10}${color8}${goto 280}${cpubar cpu3 1,370}${color}
    ${voffset 10}${goto 280}${color2}[--datatype=DW --imperial --shortweekday --startday=4]:${color1}[--datatype=HT --imperial --hideunits --hidedegreesymbol --startday=4]${color}/${color7}[--datatype=LT --imperial --hideunits --hidedegreesymbol --startday=4]${goto 380}${color2}[--datatype=DW --imperial --shortweekday --startday=5]:${color1}[--datatype=HT --imperial --hideunits --hidedegreesymbol --startday=5]${color}/${color7}[--datatype=LT --imperial --hideunits --hidedegreesymbol --startday=5]${goto 480}${color2}[--datatype=DW --imperial --shortweekday --startday=6]:${color1}[--datatype=HT --imperial --hideunits --hidedegreesymbol --startday=6]${color}/${color7}[--datatype=LT --imperial --hideunits --hidedegreesymbol --startday=6]${goto 580}${color2}[--datatype=DW --imperial --shortweekday --startday=7]:${color1}[--datatype=HT --imperial --hideunits --hidedegreesymbol --startday=7]${color}/${color7}[--datatype=LT --imperial --hideunits --hidedegreesymbol --startday=7]
    ${image [--datatype=WI --imperial --startday=4] -p 280,160 -s 50x50}${image [--datatype=WI --imperial --startday=5] -p 380,160 -s 50x50}${image [--datatype=WI --imperial --startday=6] -p 480,160 -s 50x50}${image [--datatype=WI --imperial --startday=7] -p 580,160 -s 50x50}
    ${voffset 35}${goto 280}${color7}Sol:${color3}[--datatype=SR --imperial --startday=4]${goto 380}${color7}Sol:${color3}[--datatype=SR --imperial --startday=5]${goto 480}${color7}Sol:${color3}[--datatype=SR --imperial --startday=6]${goto 580}${color7}Sol:${color3}[--datatype=SR --imperial --startday=7]
    ${goto 280}${color7}   :${color1}[--datatype=SS --imperial --startday=4]${color}${goto 380}${color7}   :${color1}[--datatype=SS --imperial --startday=5]${color}${goto 480}${color7}   :${color1}[--datatype=SS --imperial --startday=6]${color}${goto 580}${color7}   :${color1}[--datatype=SS --imperial --startday=7]${color}
    ${goto 280}${color7}Luz:${color8}[--datatype=DL --imperial --startday=4]${color}${goto 380}${color7}Luz:${color8}[--datatype=DL --imperial --startday=5]${color}${goto 480}${color7}Luz:${color8}[--datatype=DL --imperial --startday=6]${color}${goto 580}${color7}Luz:${color8}[--datatype=DL --imperial --startday=7]${color}
    Of course, I still need to do some translating of the template.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1163 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1636631063111311531161116211631164116511731213126316632163 ... LastLast