Page 1227 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 2277271127117712171225122612271228122912371277132717272227 ... LastLast
Results 12,261 to 12,270 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
    Thought I'd post my latest setup, just music and forecast output this time, but with the aid of mpdcron for my mpd based music output.

mpdcron
    I use mpd to listen to music. Alongside this I am running mpdcron, a daemon that provides customisable "hooks" to allow actions to be executed based on available song data and player events etc.
    I use it to populate a songs coverart and lyrics into known files in /tmp/ whenever there's a song change. The coverart is sym linked to /tmp/coverart.jpg if found in ~/.covers.
    The lyrics text is sym linked to /tmp/coverart.jpg if found in ~/.lyrics.
    The mpdcron_hooks.tar.gz file attached contains the scripts used, these files go into the folder ~/.mpdcron/hooks.
    mpdcron can be found here: http://alip.github.com/mpdcron/ - there is a ppa for it detailed on the main page towards the bottom.

conky
    The rest of the conky related files are all in conkybits.tar.gz. These are as follows:

conky.sh - startup script for conky, use without args on system start for a default delay, with args to dictate a wait time before execution
    conky_forecast - the main conkyrc file for forecast, refered to in conky.sh
    conky_forecast.vert.template - the template for the above file
    conky_mpd.bar - the main conkyrc for music output, refered to in conky.sh
    opaque.png - used to provide opaque background as seen in the screenshot, you'll find ${image} variable which point to this

All these files are setup to work with my file paths, so some modifications will be needed before it works for anyone else...

I think I uploaded everything, if you think anything is missing or have any questions let me know.

Note: there is one problem with it in that when song lyrics are long they fall off the end of the opaque background...anyone know if it is possible to have a vertical scrolling set of text via lua maybe?

Have fun

Chimo

Just wanted to ask-what icons/weather font do you use there? Any download link, or should i tweak a lot to have those icons in my conky?

SOLVED-i figured that lines as
    ${image [--datatype=WI] -p 115,195 -s 53x53}
    are making this job done. How? Don´t ask me?
    Last edited by vickoxy; March 19th, 2010 at 07:11 AM.
    MacBook Pro7,1, Ubuntu 11.04 64bit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.10 Karmic Koala

Help with correcting mount graphs please!

I am stumped.

I have a dual boot machine with a hard drive split in half. One carries Win XP at /dev/hda1 and the other is Ubuntu on /dev/hda6.

My conky script for those graphs is as follows:

${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=7}LINUX:${font}
    ${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=7}${fs_free /dev/sda6}/${fs_size /dev/sda6}${font}${alignr}${fs_bar 8,60 /}
    ${voffset 2}${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=7}ACER:${font}
    ${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=7}${fs_free /media/ACER}/${fs_size /media/ACER}${font}${alignr}${fs_bar 8,60 /}
    ${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=8}NETWORK${font} ${hr 2}
    My ACER graph is reporting the correct output (14.1GiB/50.0Gib)

But my LINUX output is reporting 749MiB/749MiB.... I have tried to change /dev/ to no avail.

Is there someting here in this code I am not getting correct? I have tried to compare it to other's code and it looks correct....

Thanks...

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Help with correcting mount graphs please!

Quote Originally Posted by Deguello View Post
    I am stumped.

I have a dual boot machine with a hard drive split in half. One carries Win XP at /dev/hda1 and the other is Ubuntu on /dev/hda6.

But my LINUX output is reporting 749MiB/749MiB.... I have tried to change /dev/ to no avail.

Is there someting here in this code I am not getting correct? I have tried to compare it to other's code and it looks correct....

Thanks...
    You said Ubuntu installed to /dev/hda6, but your conky code has it as /dev/sda6.
    The mark of an honest man ... is that he means what he says and knows what he means.
    A.R.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi,
    i added new weather icons to my conky weather template. But i would love them to be more visible/light colored/brighter- as e.g. in conky from cviorel (see pic).
    Is something like that possible?

Code:
    ${color white}${voffset -13}${font Weather:size=40}y${font} ${voffset -38}${font Trebuchet MS:size=26}[--datatype=HT]${font}
    ${font :size=5}         [--datatype=LU]${font}
    ${alignc}${voffset 0}[--datatype=CT]
    ${voffset 2}${alignc}[--datatype=BR] • [--datatype=HM] • [--datatype=WS] [--datatype=WD]
    ${color light grey}${voffset 3}${alignr 116}[--datatype=DW --startday=1 --shortweekday]${alignr 80}[--datatype=DW --startday=2 --shortweekday]${alignr 46}[--datatype=DW --startday=3 --shortweekday]${alignr 13}[--datatype=DW --startday=4 --shortweekday]
    ${voffset 0}${font Trebuchet MS:size=7}${alignr 135}[--datatype=LT --startday=1 --hideunits]${alignr 100}[--datatype=LT --startday=2 --hideunits]${alignr 64}[--location=AUXX0025 --datatype=LT --startday=3 --hideunits]${alignr 29}[--datatype=LT --startday=4 --hideunits]${font}${alignr}
    ${voffset 0}${font Trebuchet MS:size=7}${alignr 139}[--datatype=HT --startday=1 --hideunits]${alignr 90}[--datatype=HT --startday=2 --hideunits]${alignr 59}[--location=AUXX0025 --datatype=HT --startday=3 --hideunits]${alignr 29}[--datatype=HT --startday=4 --hideunits]${font}${alignr}${color}
    ${voffset -23}${font ConkyWeather:size=15}${alignc -3}${font}
    ${voffset 0}
    ${image [--datatype=WI] -p 105,193 -s 53x53}
    ${image [--datatype=WI --startday=1] -p 18,286 -s 30x30}
    ${image [--datatype=WI --startday=2] -p 63,286 -s 30x30}
    ${image [--datatype=WI --startday=3] -p 110,286 -s 30x30}
    ${image [--datatype=WI --startday=4] -p 156,286 -s 30x30}
    P.S: I figured it that background picture is causing the icons to be darker. Still, is there any way to make them brighter?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by vickoxy; March 19th, 2010 at 11:54 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by ddnev45 View Post
    You said Ubuntu installed to /dev/hda6, but your conky code has it as /dev/sda6.
    Edit---- I said I was lacking certain mental capacities, but in looking at my .conkyrc file, it seems I misreported my issue....

My hard drive is reporting /dev/sda6/ for the linux partition....this is the portion that is not reporting correctly as stated in my previous post. Is the code not correct>?

Sorry for the confusion...

Here is the corrected post....
    I am stumped.

I have a dual boot machine with a hard drive split in half. One carries Win XP at /dev/sda1 and the other is Ubuntu on /dev/sda6.

Quote:
    ${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=7}${fs_free /dev/sda6}/${fs_size /dev/sda6}${font}${alignr}${fs_bar 8,60 /}
    ${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=7}${fs_free /media/ACER}/${fs_size /media/ACER}${font}${alignr}${fs_bar 8,60 /}

Thanks...
    Last edited by Deguello; March 19th, 2010 at 10:49 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hi,

Here is my last conky with two smiley widgets, theses widgets are linked to some conky variables;
    For yellow one: eyes are upload and download speeds and mouth is $wireless_link_qual_perc. (good signal = smile)
    The orange one : eyes are cpu0 and cpu1, mouth is $memperc (small memory used = smile) and the color is linked to $acpitemp (yellow = cold, red = hot)
    If you try it, you have to set your own variables at the end of the Lua script (wlan0, cpu0 ...)

conky, README and Lua script are in the attachments.

Any comments are welcome
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

New day...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by vickoxy; March 20th, 2010 at 12:58 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Edit---- I said I was lacking certain mental capacities, but in looking at my .conkyrc file, it seems I misreported my issue....

My hard drive is reporting /dev/sda6/ for the linux partition....this is the portion that is not reporting correctly as stated in my previous post. Is the code not correct>?

I am stumped.

I have a dual boot machine with a hard drive split in half. One carries Win XP at /dev/sda1 and the other is Ubuntu on /dev/sda6.

Quote:

Thanks...
    Open a terminal and run the command:

Code:
    df -h
    to verify your mount points - post the results if you think it will help. If your hard drive is split in half, I think your linux partition by default will be /dev/sda2; Did you happen to create a ~800MiB swap file that is residing on /dev/sda6 (the swap file mount point will be listed in the /etc/fstab file)?
    Last edited by ddnev45; March 20th, 2010 at 02:44 AM.
    The mark of an honest man ... is that he means what he says and knows what he means.
    A.R.

Beans
    Hidden!

yes, SWAP is listed in FSTAB but not in MTAB or *df -h*

Code:
    cat /etc/fstab |grep swap
    Linux Debian Sid (Minted) x86_64/3.12.10, Conky 2.0_pre, Xorg 7.7/1.15.0, KDE 4.11.5, Lenovo T61, Intel X3100, HITACHI HTS722010K9SA00 100GB, WDC_WD5000BEVT 500GB
    Linux user No.: 483055 | My Conky Pitstop corner | One4All project

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I am stumped.

Quote:

Thanks...
    Try it with these edits :
    Code:
    ${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=7}${fs_free /media/ACER/}/${fs_size /media/ACER/}${font}${alignr}${fs_bar 8,60 /media/ACER/}
    N.B. When nothig is mounted in /media/ACER/ you will get the same values for /media/ACER/ as for /.
    Last edited by miegiel; March 21st, 2010 at 10:55 AM.

Page 1227 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 2277271127117712171225122612271228122912371277132717272227 ... LastLast