Page 2102 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1102160220022052209221002101210221032104211221522202 ... LastLast
Results 21,011 to 21,020 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

@Sector11
    Thank you; I played a little with the chrono, and I was wondering if it's possible to call a function of V9000 lua script to have current weather inside ? I made an xplanet conky witch display the earthquake data or big storms (Hurricanes or big DEP) I show you the screen...
    It's updated with crontab, storms every 3hrs and quakes every 20mn, but the markers of them are to big and it's not so nice.If you're interested in I'll post (sorry for my English)Xplanet is not dead for the openbox users
    http://pix.toile-libre.org/?img=1352152412.png

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by ragamatrix View Post
    @Sector11
    Thank you; I played a little with the chrono, and I was wondering if it's possible to call a function of V9000 lua script to have current weather inside ? I made an xplanet conky witch display the earthquake data or big storms (Hurricanes or big DEP) I show you the screen...
    It's updated with crontab, storms every 3hrs and quakes every 20mn, but the markers of them are to big and it's not so nice.If you're interested in I'll post (sorry for my English)Xplanet is not dead for the openbox users
    http://pix.toile-libre.org/?img=1352152412.png
    I'm not good enough with LUA to do that. I know others do, I just call them up separately:

Code:
    ###  LUA Settings  ###########################################################
     lua_load /media/5/Conky/LUA/draw-bg.lua
    ################### Chronograph ##############################################
    lua_load /media/5/Conky/LUA/Chronograph_full.lua
    lua_draw_hook_post main
    ################### Weather ##################################################
    lua_load ~/v9000/v9000.lua
    lua_draw_hook_pre weather
    lua_load /media/5/Conky/LUA/crono_full_2.template.lua
    #######################################################  End LUA Settings  ###

TEXT
    ${lua conky_draw_bg 20 0 0 0 0 0x000000 0.4}
    That's a project I'm in the middle of.

Xplanet with OpenBox? Interesting! I though it needed a DE!

Beans

Great news ! Sorry about my ignorance but what's "DE" ?

Beans

I made a test with Meteo-Lua from Didier-T, easy to put inside call separatly as you said.

http://pix.toile-libre.org/?img=1352191448.png

Beans
    Hidden!

Great news ! Sorry about my ignorance but what's "DE" ?
    FluxBox, OpenBox are "Window Managers" (WM)

GNOME, KDE Xfce4 etc are Desktop Environments (DE)

Check out: http://xwinman.org/

Beans
    Hidden!

I made a test with Meteo-Lua from Didier-T, easy to put inside call separatly as you said.

http://pix.toile-libre.org/?img=1352191448.png
    NICE I like it. Clean and simple. Mine is coming along and promises to be a busy mess when done.

Beans
    Hidden!

Hello all,
    Is there a LUA IDE for Linux that will highlight scripting errors and such while your working on/writing a LUA script? What do you guys (and gals) use when writing your respective LUA scripts? Just curious to know. As in, is there a "standard" that you are all adhering to? Thanks, and yes I'm 'trying' to get into the swing of things. Be gentle, I'm trying... Baby steps, right? Also is it beneficial to write scripts in Python as opposed to LUA? And what about PERL? If your working mainly on Conky, which is best? Or is it just a matter of personal taste?

Thanks,
    Jed

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedcurtis View Post
    Hello all,
    Is there a LUA IDE for Linux that will highlight scripting errors and such while your working on/writing a LUA script? What do you guys (and gals) use when writing your respective LUA scripts? Just curious to know. As in, is there a "standard" that you are all adhering to? Thanks, and yes I'm 'trying' to get into the swing of things. Be gentle, I'm trying... Baby steps, right? Also is it beneficial to write scripts in Python as opposed to LUA? And what about PERL? If your working mainly on Conky, which is best? Or is it just a matter of personal taste?

Thanks,
    Jed
    depends on what you want to do
    however, it isn't hard to see the close connection between lua and conky
    and if you want to do graphical stuff then lua/cairo is how you do it

i do all my script writing in gedit which gives me some color coding.
    I typically write bit of code, edit a conkyrc to run it and then lauch through a terminal then edit the lua with conky running.

any mistakes show up in the terminal and are usually quite helpful in tracking down the problem... also when you get into trouble use print to see what is going on in the script

Beans
    Hidden!

@ ^^ Jedcurtis & ^mrpeachy

I haven't used gedit for a while, I use medit. It will highlight mismatching brackets in LUA (and other code). It's in the preferences.

Just checked geany does the same.

But I don't write code, just tweak it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    @ ^^ Jedcurtis & ^mrpeachy

I haven't used gedit for a while, I use medit. It will highlight mismatching brackets in LUA (and other code). It's in the preferences.

Just checked geany does the same.

But I don't write code, just tweak it.
    just tried medit and i like the bracket highlighting
    i often get lost in multiple nested brackets during calculations
    medit makes the matching brackets bold as you close them

i would like the highlighting to be a bit more obvious - ie color change but will be useful

thanks for the recommendation sector11

Page 2102 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1102160220022052209221002101210221032104211221522202 ... LastLast