Page 161 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 611111511591601611621631712112616611161 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by aonegodman View Post
    One more time . . . .

Thanks to Salpiche for the following corrected ./.startconky script:

Code:

#!/bin/bash
    sleep 20
    conky -c ~/.conkyscripts/conkymain &
    sleep 3
    conky -c ~/.conkyscripts/conkyweather &
    exit

This executed the original scripts that Bruce M. and I have spent so many hours on today. I will try and send a screenshot next.

Bruce - I will start on Phase 2 tomorrow. Thanks again to all. =D>
    hmm, Think I'll "borrow" that one too!
    Thanks Salpiche

Beans
    Hidden!

Here's my desktop -

Let's try that again:
    NICE!
    Why is weather so wide... that must be phase two.

Beans

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots // Idea!!!

Quote Originally Posted by urukrama View Post
    I rarely use conky for more than to display the time and date, but here is a recent experiment of mine. Conky displays the date and time, cpu and mem percentages, upload and download speeds and what mpd is playing.

Here is what it looks like (at the bottom of the screen):

Here is my conkyrc:
    Nice clean looking desktop. That's one of my next projects to eliminate the taskbars, top & bottom, and get that single little console look on the bottom maybe.
    Our biggest problem is always the one we are experiencing at the moment.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by zeusalmighty View Post
    I've read a couple of posts from this thread, and I have to say I'm impressed! But the configuration seems kinda complex for a noob, wouldn't be nice to maybe post a small gui where all features become modular? Like I can check on "weather", "system resources" and "rss", maybe select a couple of "theme colors" and a conkyrc would be automatically generated?

I'm just saying, this conky looks really powerful and it could easily be evolved into a more static "widget" platform for less experienced users.
    I agree with aonegodman, it would ruin the fun, the excitment, of the challange.

Capt Kirk to Scotty: I just found an old bi-plane, don't beam me up, I think I'll fly!
    And I agree with you too, for us non-programmer newbies it would make things a LOT easier.

Capt Kirk to Scotty: I just found an old bi-plane, beam me up!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by urukrama View Post
    I rarely use conky for more than to display the time and date, but here is a recent experiment of mine. Conky displays the date and time, cpu and mem percentages, upload and download speeds and what mpd is playing.

Here is what it looks like (at the bottom of the screen):

Here is my conkyrc:
    LOVE IT!

Would love to have a no panel, no icon desktop like you have. Unfortunately my wife would be at a loss since we both use the same computer, same setup, same email.

My conky got as big as it did for the challange of seeing what it can do. In a few months it too will probably be smaller, but for now it's a Linux learning experience.

Beans
    Hidden!

Here's my desktop -

Let's try that again:
    It's as wide as it is because you popped in the Special Weather Update thing I think

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce M. View Post
    NICE!
    Why is weather so wide... that must be phase two.
    Maybe changing or adding
    Code:
     minimum_size 100 5
    that should help with the size of it.
    | Better to be a geek than an idiot! | Ubuntu user num # 15259 | Linux user # 422921 |

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

LOVE IT!

Would love to have a no panel, no icon desktop like you have. Unfortunately my wife would be at a loss since we both use the same computer, same setup, same email.
    you know that you can have icons on openbox, using pypanel you can have icons on the panel, and then there is iDesk (i do not use idesk but I hear that it's pretty good)
    | Better to be a geek than an idiot! | Ubuntu user num # 15259 | Linux user # 422921 |

Beans

Speaking of minimalizing,

new setup to reflect a need for a more minimal conky. It was eating too much of my cpu resources
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The views expressed in this post belong to Tristam Green and do not represent the views of any other entity, foreign or domestic, as long as you both shall live, Amen.
    OMG! Cheesecake! | Fuduntu - catch the fever!

Beans

It's as wide as it is because you popped in the Special Weather Update thing I think
    Hi Bruce - Yep that was it. There was a special weather alert ALL CAPS across the bottom that pushed the output wider. This morning upon update it settled down to a smaller footprint.

I've been messing with text output colors for better visability. Can't find a list of rgb codes for color options in conky yet. So just off the top of my head I'm trying stuff like "deep purple", "bright green", "gold". Gold looks pretty good to me.

I've been editing the second set of scripts you posted - that's phase 2 for me.

Try and get that up later today perhaps.
    Our biggest problem is always the one we are experiencing at the moment.

Page 161 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 611111511591601611621631712112616611161 ... LastLast