Page 2272 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 127217722172222222622270227122722273227422822322 ... LastLast
Results 22,711 to 22,720 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

I think I reformatted my USB 3 or 4 times today; trying various Distros before settling with pretty much what I had to start off with, a persistent install of Mint16 with a partition for extra storage. At least I did a better job of sizing my partitions this time.

Still playing around with my Conky.

Approaching the look that I'll stick with for a while. However, for some reason I could not get my Conky to display a semi-transparent .png image behind it like I used to do all the time on my Ubuntu installs. I believe I have the identical settings, as far as Conky goes; it may be a Mint issue. Before spending too much time trying to figure out, I just threw my wallpaper in GIMP and added the semi-transparent background where it should go; which is probably the most resource friendly solution. I had to flip the wallpaper anyway, she was facing the wrong way for my taste
    Who's Awesome? You're Awesome.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Petro Dawg View Post
    I think I reformatted my USB 3 or 4 times today; trying various Distros before settling with pretty much what I had to start off with, a persistent install of Mint16 with a partition for extra storage. At least I did a better job of sizing my partitions this time.

Still playing around with my Conky.

Approaching the look that I'll stick with for a while. However, for some reason I could not get my Conky to display a semi-transparent .png image behind it like I used to do all the time on my Ubuntu installs. I believe I have the identical settings, as far as Conky goes; it may be a Mint issue. Before spending too much time trying to figure out, I just threw my wallpaper in GIMP and added the semi-transparent background where it should go; which is probably the most resource friendly solution. I had to flip the wallpaper anyway, she was facing the wrong way for my taste
    Who's Clawesome?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome Development Release

Nice thread. Just gave me reason to try conky out. I did fork one. thanks

Beans
    Hidden!

GNOME3.10 - has it's own composite manager (mutt) and can't be turned off to the best of my knowledge. Check this out

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

LSD theme on Conky-Manager, Numix-Circle Icon theme, Docky.

Admittedly it's not my creation, I saw this on reddit but as they say; imitation is the best form of flattery.

I auto hid the Unity Launcher, set the reveal location to the top left corner and to avoid having it pop up un-neededly.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    GNOME3.10 - has it's own composite manager (mutt) and can't be turned off to the best of my knowledge. Check this out
    Thanks for the info, glad I didn't try to too hard at "fixing" my Conky. It only takes a matter of seconds to alter a wallpaper in GIMP anyway and almost every wallpaper I like has to be flipped to make room for the Conky (like the one used below).

Screenshot from 2014-04-08 21:14:26.jpg

I'll probably do some more work on my Conky once I get my new USB 3.0 flash drive with (190MB/s read and 110MB/s write) to do full installs of Mint and/or Ubuntu 14.04 (once it's officially released).

Beans
    Hidden!

Thanks for the info, glad I didn't try to too hard at "fixing" my Conky. It only takes a matter of seconds to alter a wallpaper in GIMP anyway and almost every wallpaper I like has to be flipped to make room for the Conky (like the one used below).
    Yea, it drives people crazy trying to figure out the problems with conky + images + what composite manager + what desktop.

Wonder why they didn't put in an on|off option, be it system wide or for specific apps.

Glad to help an old friend ... not that you're old

Love that wallpaper!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

latest.....

VinDSL sys mon template on left & conkywx template v 2.0.x.xxx pre-release on right...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NM5TF; April 9th, 2014 at 09:44 PM. Reason: added screenie
    Registered Linux User # 529389
    Arch Linux, MX 18.3 Linux
    my personal web page http://users.gilanet.com/~tfrost
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"--Unknown

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Finally got a full installation on my USB 3.0 Flash Drive, it is much faster than anything I'm used to, by far.

I played with Conky for a little while to come up with a way to indicate whether the battery was charging or discharging with up or down arrows. For some reason "Heydings Icons" font wasn't working, even though I'm fairly certain it is installed. I downloaded "VariShapes" and it seems to work, but it aligns terribly IMO. I came up with the following...

Code:
    ${color1}${font Alfios:size=12:bold}BATTERY${font}${color}\
    ${alignr}${if_match ${battery_percent} >= 100}Fully Charged${else}${battery_time}${font VariShapes Solid:size=11}${voffset -4} \
    ${if_match "${execp upower -i /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/battery_BAT0 | awk '/state/ {print $2}'}" == "discharging"}${color2}\
    ${voffset 1}Q ${voffset -1}${else}${color3}q   ${endif}${font}${endif}
    ${color0}${battery_bar BAT0}

Last edited by Petro Dawg; April 12th, 2014 at 04:10 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

@ Petro Dawg

Nice stuff .. I don't have a battery ... so I snipped that wallpaper.
    Thanks

Page 2272 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 127217722172222222622270227122722273227422822322 ... LastLast