Page 992 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 49289294298299099199299399410021042109214921992 ... LastLast
Results 9,911 to 9,920 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Cammy View Post
    Ok, that's one of the coolest things I've ever seen.
    Hi Cammy,
    thank you for the flowers, Cammy! If you want I can feel free to post the actual configure this again! But not until tomorrow, I'm still on the job.
    64Bit - HP Compaq Presario CQ60-105EG, 4GB RAM, 160GB, NVIDIA GeForce 8200M, AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core / Mandriva 2009.1, Mandriva 2010, #! Crunchbang 9.04.01 Conky-Hardcore - searchOne

Beans
    Hidden!

We have you hooked now!!!!
    {evil background chuckling}

Quote Originally Posted by djyoung4 View Post
    sorry i meant horizontally. i changed my code to this
    Welcome to the nightmare of "setting it up"!

You will need to use a lot of ${voffset}'s, ${goto}'s and/or ${offset}'s to get things working right. Check this out: ${goto}, ${offset} & ${voffset} and as I always say:
    When spacing is the critical factor - mono fonts are your best friend!
    Check out the Gallery at Conky Hardcore!, there are some wonderful samples of one liners going across the screen. My latest is very busy and goes across the top - it took a few days to get that one right.

I did that in sections down the left. then I moved a section closer to the middle with a ${goto xx} at the start of each line in the section. Once it was just below where I wanted it I moved it up with a ${voffset -xx} at the beginning of the fist line of the section, the rest come up with it.

See the first attached image, notice how Section 3 has moved up under Section 1 with just one ${voffset -65} command on the first Section 2 line.

Finishing off the code - moving Section 2 closer to Section 1 and Section 3 over and up we get the second image.

Code:
    TEXT
      Line 1 Section 1 - commands and text here
      Line 2 Section 1 - commands and text here
      Line 3 Section 1 - commands and text here
      Line 4 Section 1 - commands and text here
      Line 5 Section 1 - commands and text here
    ${voffset -65}${goto 265}  Line 1 Section 2 - commands and text here
    ${goto 265}  Line 2 Section 2 - commands and text here
    ${goto 265}  Line 3 Section 2 - commands and text here
    ${goto 265}  Line 4 Section 2 - commands and text here
    ${goto 265}  Line 5 Section 2 - commands and text here
    ${voffset -65}${goto 530}  Line 1 Section 3 - commands and text here
    ${goto 530}  Line 2 Section 3 - commands and text here
    ${goto 530}  Line 3 Section 3 - commands and text here
    ${goto 530}  Line 4 Section 3 - commands and text here
    ${goto 530}  Line 5 Section 3 - commands and text here
    Now, keep in mine different fonts use different spacing vertical and horizontal - Check out: Spacing and re-read: ${goto}, ${offset} & ${voffset}

Hope this helps a little.

Have a nice day.
    Bruce
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce M. View Post
    We have you hooked now!!!!
    {evil background chuckling}

Welcome to the nightmare of "setting it up"!
    sounds like fun. Hopefully ill get it done before 9.10 comes out. ill post any problems i have
    I'm a super power user

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by n1ck75 View Post
    i've margined my desktop so that nothing covers it, therefore, yes i can see it all the time
    That sounds very clever! How do you set margins on the desktop?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hey guys!
    I'm having a couple of problems with my conky setup. Not necessarily "problems" but I want to get them sorted

First things first, my conky.rc file is:

Code:
    # Use Xft?
    use_xft yes
    xftfont DejaVu Sans:size=8
    xftalpha 0.8
    text_buffer_size 2048

# Update interval in seconds
    update_interval 5

# This is the number of times Conky will update before quitting.
    # Set to zero to run forever.
    total_run_times 0

# Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)
    own_window yes
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_type override
    #own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager

# Use double buffering (reduces flicker, may not work for everyone)
    double_buffer yes

# Minimum size of text area
    maximum_width 800

# Draw shades?
    draw_shades no

# Draw outlines?
    draw_outline no

# Draw borders around text
    draw_borders no

# Stippled borders?
    stippled_borders 0

# border margins
    border_inner_margin 5

# border width
    border_width 1

# Default colors and also border colors
    default_color white
    #default_shade_color black
    #default_outline_color white
    own_window_colour white

# Text alignment, other possible values are commented
    #alignment top_left
    alignment top_right
    #alignment bottom_left
    #alignment bottom_right

# Gap between borders of screen and text
    # same thing as passing -x at command line
    gap_x 35
    gap_y 50

# Subtract file system buffers from used memory?
    no_buffers yes

# set to yes if you want all text to be in uppercase
    uppercase no

# number of cpu samples to average
    # set to 1 to disable averaging
    cpu_avg_samples 2

# number of net samples to average
    net_avg_samples 2

# Force UTF8? note that UTF8 support required XFT
    override_utf8_locale yes

# Add spaces to keep things from moving about?  This only affects certain objects.
    use_spacer none

TEXT
    SYSTEM ${hr 2}
    ${voffset 2}${font OpenLogos:size=16}u${font}   Kernel:  ${alignr}${kernel}
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}q${font}   Uptime: ${alignr}${uptime}
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}A${font}   Core 1: ${cpu cpu1}% ${alignr}${cpubar cpu1 8,60}
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}A${font}   Core 2: ${cpu cpu2}% ${alignr}${cpubar cpu2 8,60}
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}g${font}   RAM: $memperc% ${alignr}${membar 8,60}
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}j${font}   SWAP: $swapperc% ${alignr}${swapbar 8,60}
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}o${font}   Updates Available: ${alignr} ${execi 900 aptitude search "~U" | wc -l | tail}

HD ${hr 2}
    ${voffset 4}${font Pie charts for maps:size=14}6${font}   Temperature: ${alignr}${exec nc localhost 7634 | perl -ne 'print $1 if /\/sda\|.*?\|(\d+)\|C/;'}°C
    ${voffset 6}${font Pie charts for maps:size=14}7${font}   System: ${alignr}${fs_free /}/${fs_size /} 

NETWORK ${hr 2}
    ${if_existing /proc/net/route wlan0}
    ${voffset -6}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}O${font}   Up: ${upspeed wlan0}/ps
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}U${font}   Down: ${downspeed wlan0}/ps
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}N${font}   Upload: ${alignr}${totalup wlan0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}T${font}   Download: ${alignr}${totaldown wlan0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}Z${font}   Signal: ${wireless_link_qual wlan0}% ${alignr}${wireless_link_bar 8,60 wlan0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}a${font}   Local IP: ${alignr}${addr wlan0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}b${font}   Public IP: ${alignr}${execi 1 ~/.scripts/ip.sh}
    ${else}${if_existing /proc/net/route eth0}
    ${voffset -6}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}O${font}   Up: ${upspeed eth0} kb/s ${alignr}${upspeedgraph eth0 8,60 F57900 FCAF3E}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}U${font}   Down: ${downspeed eth0} kb/s ${alignr}${downspeedgraph eth0 8,60 F57900 FCAF3E}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}N${font}   Upload: ${alignr}${totalup eth0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}T${font}   Download: ${alignr}${totaldown eth0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}a${font}   Local Ip: ${alignr}${addr eth0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}b${font}   Public Ip: ${alignr}${execi 1 ~/.scripts/ip.sh}
    ${endif}${else}${if_existing /proc/net/route eth1}
    ${voffset -6}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}O${font}   Up: ${upspeed eth1} kb/s ${alignr}${upspeedgraph eth1 8,60 F57900 FCAF3E}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}U${font}   Down: ${downspeed eth1} kb/s ${alignr}${downspeedgraph eth1 8,60 F57900 FCAF3E}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}N${font}   Upload: ${alignr}${totalup eth1}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}T${font}   Download: ${alignr}${totaldown eth1}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}a${font}   Local IP: ${alignr}${addr eth1}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}b${font}   Public IP: ${alignr}${execi 1 ~/.scripts/ip.sh}
    ${endif}${else}
    ${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}4${font}   Network Unavailable
    ${endif}

WEATHER ${hr 2}
    ${voffset 8}${font Arial Black:size=14}${alignc}${execi 300 ~/.scripts/weather.sh "OCN|AU|NSW|GOSFORD"}
    Now, when starting conky in a terminal, I get told there are one or more endifs missing. But I can't spot it. Knowing my luck as soon as I hit post it'll make itself obvious. Can anyone else's keen eyes spot it?

Also, my Wireless Signal strength shows strangely. I'm at 100 percent signal strength at the moment - indicated by the strength bar. However it shows as 70%.
    Opening a term and using iwconfig shows:

Code:
    wlan0     IEEE 802.11abgn  ESSID:"CCCUpstairs"  
              Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.412 GHz  Access Point: 00:18:4D:03:E7:F4   
              Bit Rate=0 kb/s   Tx-Power=15 dBm   
              Retry  long limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
              Power Management:off
              Link Quality=70/70  Signal level=-21 dBm  Noise level=-85 dBm
              Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
              Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:0   Missed beacon:0
    So what's happening is that my link quality is 70/70.. and is showing as 70% which is obviously not right.
    Why would it be only out of 70? And how can I make conky show as a percentage of this? Obviously 70/70 is 100%

Any help would be appreciated!

Beans
    Distro

Argh! And another little problem.
    Previously had added maximum_width to stop conky resizing and "flickering" when network speed was changing - as mentioned on conky hardcore.

I've now added a Processes section to my rc. And every time chromium-browse pops up in the top, the width changes and conky flickers. Pretty annoying.

I've tinkered a little but can't seem to stop it.
    My conky.rc is now now..

Code:
    # Use Xft?
    use_xft yes
    xftfont Aller:size=9
    xftalpha 0.8
    text_buffer_size 2048

# Update interval in seconds
    update_interval 2

# This is the number of times Conky will update before quitting.
    # Set to zero to run forever.
    total_run_times 0

# Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)
    own_window yes
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_type override
    #own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager

# Use double buffering (reduces flicker, may not work for everyone)
    double_buffer yes

# Minimum size of text area
    minimum_width 1000
    maximum_width 1000

# Draw shades?
    draw_shades no

# Draw outlines?
    draw_outline no

# Draw borders around text
    draw_borders no

# Stippled borders?
    stippled_borders 0

# border margins
    border_inner_margin 5

# border width
    border_width 1

# Default colors and also border colors
    default_color white
    #default_shade_color black
    #default_outline_color white
    own_window_colour white

# Text alignment, other possible values are commented
    #alignment top_left
    alignment top_right
    #alignment bottom_left
    #alignment bottom_right

# Gap between borders of screen and text
    # same thing as passing -x at command line
    gap_x 35
    gap_y 50

# Subtract file system buffers from used memory?
    no_buffers yes

# set to yes if you want all text to be in uppercase
    uppercase no

# number of cpu samples to average
    cpu_avg_samples 2

# number of net samples to average
    net_avg_samples 2

# Force UTF8? note that UTF8 support required XFT
    override_utf8_locale yes

# Add spaces to keep things from moving about?  This only affects certain objects.
    use_spacer none

TEXT
    SYSTEM ${hr 2}
    ${voffset 2}${font OpenLogos:size=16}u${font}   Kernel:  ${alignr}${kernel}
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}q${font}   Uptime: ${alignr}${uptime}
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}A${font}   Core 1: ${cpu cpu1}% ${alignr}${cpubar cpu1 8,60}
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}A${font}   Core 2: ${cpu cpu2}% ${alignr}${cpubar cpu2 8,60}
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}g${font}   RAM: $memperc% ${alignr}${membar 8,60}
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}j${font}   SWAP: $swapperc% ${alignr}${swapbar 8,60}
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}o${font}   Updates Available: ${alignr} ${execi 900 aptitude search "~U" | wc -l | tail}

PROCESSES ${hr 2}
    $font$processes processes ($running_processes running)
    NAME $alignr CPU     MEM
    ${top name 1} $alignr ${top cpu 1}   ${top mem 1}
    ${top name 2} $alignr ${top cpu 2}   ${top mem 2}
    ${top name 3} $alignr ${top cpu 3}   ${top mem 3}
    ${top name 4} $alignr ${top cpu 4}   ${top mem 4}
    ${top name 5} $alignr ${top cpu 5}   ${top mem 5}

HD ${hr 2}
    ${voffset 4}${font Pie charts for maps:size=14}6${font}   Temperature: ${alignr}${exec nc localhost 7634 | perl -ne 'print $1 if /\/sda\|.*?\|(\d+)\|C/;'}°C
    ${voffset 6}${font Pie charts for maps:size=14}7${font}   System: ${alignr}${fs_free /}/${fs_size /} 

NETWORK ${hr 2}
    ${voffset -6}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}O${font}   Up: ${upspeed wlan0}/ps
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}U${font}   Down: ${downspeed wlan0}/ps
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}N${font}   Upload: ${alignr}${totalup wlan0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}T${font}   Download: ${alignr}${totaldown wlan0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}Z${font}   Signal: ${wireless_link_qual wlan0}% ${alignr}${wireless_link_bar 8,60 wlan0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}a${font}   Local IP: ${alignr}${addr wlan0}
    ${voffset -6}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}O${font}   Up: ${upspeed eth0} kb/s ${alignr}${upspeedgraph eth0 8,60 F57900 FCAF3E}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}U${font}   Down: ${downspeed eth0} kb/s ${alignr}${downspeedgraph eth0 8,60 F57900 FCAF3E}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}N${font}   Upload: ${alignr}${totalup eth0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}T${font}   Download: ${alignr}${totaldown eth0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}a${font}   Local Ip: ${alignr}${addr eth0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}b${font}   Public Ip: ${alignr}${execi 1 ~/.scripts/ip.sh}
    ${endif}${else}${if_existing /proc/net/route eth1}
    ${voffset -6}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}O${font}   Up: ${upspeed eth1} kb/s ${alignr}${upspeedgraph eth1 8,60 F57900 FCAF3E}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}U${font}   Down: ${downspeed eth1} kb/s ${alignr}${downspeedgraph eth1 8,60 F57900 FCAF3E}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}N${font}   Upload: ${alignr}${totalup eth1}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}T${font}   Download: ${alignr}${totaldown eth1}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}a${font}   Local IP: ${alignr}${addr eth1}
    ${endif}${else}
    ${endif}
    WEATHER ${hr 2}
    ${voffset 8}${font Arial Black:size=14}${alignc}${execi 300 ~/.scripts/weather.sh "OCN|AU|NSW|GOSFORD"}
    Any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

you might find your answer here: When “blinking” isn’t!
    || Kubuntu x86_64 (15.10 Dev.) || KDE 4.9.00 ||
    || Dell Inspiron 570 || 8GB PC3-10600 DDR3 RAM || AMD Phenom II X4 820 @ 2.8Ghz ||
    || Logitech M570 Trackball || Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard ||
    Conky: ... no such configuration: 'normal'

Beans
    Distro

Yes, I realize I could have just quoted it to you but then you wouldn't have seen just how useful ConkyHardcore! truely is
    || Dell Inspiron 570 || 8GB PC3-10600 DDR3 RAM || AMD Phenom II X4 820 @ 2.8Ghz ||

Beans
    Distro

Thumbs down Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

BTW: Here is the solution to your nested-ifs-problem in color matched pairings.

(Each 'if' must have an 'endif', and can have at most one 'else'... your original code was essentially stacking multiple 'else's on the first 'if'.)

Code:
    NETWORK ${hr 2}
    ${else}${if_existing /proc/net/route eth1}
    ${else}
    ${endif}${endif}${endif}
    happy conkying!
    Last edited by Crinos512; October 21st, 2009 at 05:14 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Crinos512 View Post
    Yes, I realize I could have just quoted it to you but then you wouldn't have seen just how useful ConkyHardcore! truely is
    Thanks, but I've already looked at Conky hardcore. it helped me previously when I was getting this with my network activity parts. But doesn't seem to help with the processes part? :S

Page 992 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 49289294298299099199299399410021042109214921992 ... LastLast