Page 694 of 2325 FirstFirst ... 19459464468469269369469569670474479411941694 ... LastLast
Results 6,931 to 6,940 of 23245

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

  1. #6931
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hornell, NY
    Beans
    6
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by pah99 View Post
    All the fonts you could ever want. For pizzadude- http://www.dafont.com/search.php?psize=m&q=pizzadude.

    For any other fonts, just browse through dafont.com
    Thanks! I think it was the bullet font
    Last edited by o0Chris0o; May 11th, 2009 at 10:28 PM.

  2. #6932
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Beans
    130

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by ans5685 View Post
    How does one go about having a conky background with rounded corners like this?

  3. #6933
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by l-x-l View Post
    How does one go about having a conky background with rounded corners like this?
    That's t-mo_'s semi-transparent font.

    Invisible Font

    You can see it here and in the clocks as well.

    Have a nice day.
    Bruce
    Last edited by Bruce M.; May 12th, 2009 at 02:03 AM.

  4. #6934
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    FL / TN
    Beans
    89
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce M. View Post
    It has to be with your ${if_existing} ${endif} ${else} statements.

    I ran your code here without those and it worked just fine, see attached.

    You may find some help here: 2: $if_existing

    Also what I would suggest is creating it with NO ${if_existing} statement & ${end_if}, but being connected to the Internet.

    If you see your weather that's a start.

    Now add an ${if_existing statement} & ${end_if} to that one section with an ${else} Oops! at the end for whatever method you ARE connected and restart your conky. If you see the "Oops!" (bad thing) you know it is in your ${if_existing} statement & ${end_if} commands. If you see the weather they are fine.

    If you do see the weather, connect by a different means (wan0, eth0 or eth1) and run your conky. Now you "should" see: "Oops!" this is good.

    If you do see "Oops!", add the second method changing:

    ${else} Oops! to ${else}${if_existing .....}

    and end it with: ${else} Oops!

    Afterthoughts:
    1. The days are in Spanish because I have it configured that way.
    2. Did you copy /usr/share/conkyforecast/conkyForecast.config to ~/.conkyForecast.config and make the changes necessary there in the hidden file in your ~/ directory?

    Have a nice day.
    Bruce
    Guess I gave him bad advice... what a noob.

    Now it begs the question... what is the significance of the #?
    Why does he have execpi 600 and I have execpi 3600 in there?

    thx

    Raul
    OpenGEU 8.10 Luna Serena 64bit
    AMD Athlon-X2 6000+ / 8gb DDR2-800 RAM / Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-US2H / Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT / 640gb HD
    Acer Aspire 6530 : AMD Athlon X2 / 3gb DDR2-667 RAM / ATI HD3200 / 250gb HD

  5. #6935
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by racerraul View Post
    Guess I gave him bad advice... what a noob.

    Now it begs the question... what is the significance of the #?
    Why does he have execpi 600 and I have execpi 3600 in there?

    thx

    Raul
    Ahhhhhh, but you learned "and" came up with a question.

    The #

    Before TEXT a # makes what comes after it a comment and is not read as a command when it runs.

    SAMPLE:
    Code:
    default_color DCDCDC #Gainsboro
    color0 7FFFD4 #Aquamarine
    color1 CD5C5C #IndianRed #00CED1 DarkTurquoise #FFA07A LightSalmon #00FFFF Cyan
    color2 FF8C00 #Darkorange #D2691E #Chocolate
    color3 7FFF00 #Chartreuse
    color4 778899 #LightSlateGrey
    color5 FFDEAD #NavajoWhite
    color6 00BFFF #DeepSkyBlue
    #	colours below used by colorize script
    color7 48D1CC #MediumTurquoise
    color8 FFFF00 #Yellow
    color9 FF0000 #Red
    what comes after the # is ignored, so I have the colours there.

    Numbers

    600 seconds (10 minutes) and 3600 seconds (1 hour) before the command runs again. I have mine set to 30 minutes ${execpi 1800 .... } which is a waste as weather.com does an update every hour.

    Have a nice night.
    Bruce

  6. #6936
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    USA-ish
    Beans
    206
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    I'll post a new screenie soon. I have everything pretty much how it'll probably stay. I moved all the temps to one section to make them easier to keep an eye on, and have the cpu usage for each core separated now.

    I've completely given up on fan speed though. There doesn't seem to be any way to get the fan speeds to conky with the motherboard I'm using.
    Desktop: Quantal on Core2 Duo E8500/Asus P5Q
    Laptop: Precise on S76 Pangolin

  7. #6937
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Beans
    3

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce M. View Post
    Ahhhhhh, but you learned "and" came up with a question.

    The #

    Before TEXT a # makes what comes after it a comment and is not read as a command when it runs.

    SAMPLE:
    Code:
    default_color DCDCDC #Gainsboro
    color0 7FFFD4 #Aquamarine
    color1 CD5C5C #IndianRed #00CED1 DarkTurquoise #FFA07A LightSalmon #00FFFF Cyan
    color2 FF8C00 #Darkorange #D2691E #Chocolate
    color3 7FFF00 #Chartreuse
    color4 778899 #LightSlateGrey
    color5 FFDEAD #NavajoWhite
    color6 00BFFF #DeepSkyBlue
    #	colours below used by colorize script
    color7 48D1CC #MediumTurquoise
    color8 FFFF00 #Yellow
    color9 FF0000 #Red
    what comes after the # is ignored, so I have the colours there.

    Numbers

    600 seconds (10 minutes) and 3600 seconds (1 hour) before the command runs again. I have mine set to 30 minutes ${execpi 1800 .... } which is a waste as weather.com does an update every hour.

    Have a nice night.
    Bruce
    It was actually just implemented recently to have # that come after TEXT comment things out too. Most people probably won;t be affected by this until after the next version is released though. If you join the conky irc channel in freenode they show you updates to the program in basically real time.
    More of you should come hang out on the #conky channel on irc.freenode.net

  8. #6938
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The U. S. of A.
    Beans
    163
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

    Thumbs down Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce M. View Post
    Ahhhhhh, but you learned "and" came up with a question.

    The #

    Before TEXT a # makes what comes after it a comment and is not read as a command when it runs.

    SAMPLE:
    Code:
    default_color DCDCDC #Gainsboro
    color0 7FFFD4 #Aquamarine
    color1 CD5C5C #IndianRed #00CED1 DarkTurquoise #FFA07A LightSalmon #00FFFF Cyan
    color2 FF8C00 #Darkorange #D2691E #Chocolate
    color3 7FFF00 #Chartreuse
    color4 778899 #LightSlateGrey
    color5 FFDEAD #NavajoWhite
    color6 00BFFF #DeepSkyBlue
    #	colours below used by colorize script
    color7 48D1CC #MediumTurquoise
    color8 FFFF00 #Yellow
    color9 FF0000 #Red
    what comes after the # is ignored, so I have the colours there.
    for more colors look here: http://htmlhelp.com/cgi-bin/color.cgi
    || Kubuntu x86_64 (15.10 Dev.) || KDE 4.9.00 ||
    || Dell Inspiron 570 || 8GB PC3-10600 DDR3 RAM || AMD Phenom II X4 820 @ 2.8Ghz ||
    || Logitech M570 Trackball || Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard ||
    Conky: ... no such configuration: 'normal'

  9. #6939
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The U. S. of A.
    Beans
    163
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

    Thumbs down Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottG489 View Post
    It was actually just implemented recently to have # that come after TEXT comment things out too. Most people probably won;t be affected by this until after the next version is released though. If you join the conky irc channel in freenode they show you updates to the program in basically real time.
    More of you should come hang out on the #conky channel on irc.freenode.net
    REEeealy.... hmmm.

    I like commenting my code.
    || Kubuntu x86_64 (15.10 Dev.) || KDE 4.9.00 ||
    || Dell Inspiron 570 || 8GB PC3-10600 DDR3 RAM || AMD Phenom II X4 820 @ 2.8Ghz ||
    || Logitech M570 Trackball || Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard ||
    Conky: ... no such configuration: 'normal'

  10. #6940
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    USA-ish
    Beans
    206
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Here's my current horror.

    Desktop: Quantal on Core2 Duo E8500/Asus P5Q
    Laptop: Precise on S76 Pangolin

Page 694 of 2325 FirstFirst ... 19459464468469269369469569670474479411941694 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •