Page 671 of 2328 FirstFirst ... 17157162166166967067167267368172177111711671 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,710 of 23272

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Thumbs down Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by cyberkost View Post
    I can't speak to your python script as I'm not horribly familiar with it yet.... yeah, I said yet.

But I did notice a couple things that may help on your conkyrc, and may even fix the vanishing temp problem for you

try using hddtemp without the network part by calling it directly. <more on this here>
    Code:
    ${color3}/dev/sda: ${color}${hddtemp /dev/sda}$alignr${color3}/dev/sdd: ${color}${hddtemp /dev/sdd}
    ${color3}/dev/sdb: ${color}${hddtemp /dev/sdb}$alignr${color3}/dev/sde: ${color}${hddtemp /dev/sde}
    ${color3}/dev/sdc: ${color}${hddtemp /dev/sdc}$alignr${if_mounted /media/disk}${color3}/dev/sdf: ${color}USB${endif}

AND replace your whole weather section with this one line to reduce network traffic and make your CPU a lot happier. <more on this here>

Code:
    ${execpi 900 conkyForecast --location=USNY0218 --template=/home/%USERNAME%/conky/weather.template}
    ... place this in your ~/conky/ dir
    weather.template
    Code:
    ${color2}${font StyleBats:style=CleanCut:size=12}q ${voffset -2}${font Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:style=Bold:size=10}WEATHER${font} ${voffset -2}${hr}${voffset 2}
    ${color}${font Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:size=12}[--datatype=CT --centeredwidth=6]${font}
    ${offset 5}${font ConkyWeather:style=Bold:size=36}[--datatype=WF]${offset 16}${font ConkyWindNESW:size=36}${voffset -10}[--datatype=BS]${font}
    [--datatype=HT]/[--datatype=LT]  [--datatype=WS]
    [--datatype=HT --imperial]/[--datatype=LT --imperial]  [--datatype=WS --imperial]

${voffset -120}${font xftfont DejaVu Sans Mono:size=8}
    $alignr${color3}Fetch/update: $color[--datatype=LF --minuteshide=0]/[--datatype=LU --minuteshide=0]
    $alignr${color3}Location: ${color}[--datatype=CN], [--datatype=CO]
    $alignr${color3}Conditions: ${color}[--datatype=CT]
    $alignr${color3}Humidity: ${color}[--datatype=HM]
    $alignr${color3}Barometer: ${color}[--datatype=BR]
    $alignr${color3}Visibility: ${color}[--datatype=VI --imperial]
    $alignr${color3}Sunrise/set: ${color}[--datatype=SR]/[--datatype=SS]${font}

${font DejaVu Sans Mono:size=10}  [--datatype=DW --startday=1 --shortweekday]     [--datatype=DW --startday=2 --shortweekday]     [--datatype=DW --startday=3 --shortweekday]     [--datatype=DW --startday=4 --shortweekday]${font}
     ${font ConkyWeather:style=Bold:size=36}[--datatype=WF --startday=1]  [--datatype=WF --startday=2] [--datatype=WF --startday=3] [--datatype=WF --startday=4]${font}
    ${font DejaVu Sans Mono:size=8}[--datatype=HT --startday=1 --centeredwidth=4 --hidedegreesymbol]/[--datatype=LT --startday=1 --centeredwidth=4 --hidedegreesymbol]  [--datatype=HT --startday=2 --centeredwidth=4 --hidedegreesymbol]/[--datatype=LT --startday=2 --centeredwidth=4 --hidedegreesymbol]  [--datatype=HT --startday=3 --centeredwidth=4 --hidedegreesymbol]/[--datatype=LT --startday=3 --centeredwidth=4 --hidedegreesymbol]  [--datatype=HT --startday=4 --centeredwidth=4 --hidedegreesymbol]/[--datatype=LT --startday=4 --centeredwidth=4 --hidedegreesymbol]
    Prcpt [--datatype=PC --startday=1]  Prcpt [--datatype=PC --startday=2]  Prcpt [--datatype=PC --startday=3]  Prcpt [--datatype=PC --startday=4]${font}
    || Kubuntu x86_64 (15.10 Dev.) || KDE 4.9.00 ||
    || Dell Inspiron 570 || 8GB PC3-10600 DDR3 RAM || AMD Phenom II X4 820 @ 2.8Ghz ||
    || Logitech M570 Trackball || Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard ||
    Conky: ... no such configuration: 'normal'

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

i want to do a dual conky how is that done?
    -ASUS U46: Intel Core I5(Sandy Bridge) 8 gb Ram, Integrated Graphics card. Currently running Ubuntu 13.04(64bit)

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickMoore View Post
    i want to do a dual conky how is that done?
    When you run "conky", it will use the ~/.conkyrc file, but you can run "conky -c filename" to use another file. All you have to do to run many conkys, is to create a shell script to run them:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    conky &
    conky -c .conkyrc2 &
    conky -c .conkyrc3 &

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by danielrmt View Post
    When you run "conky", it will use the ~/.conkyrc file, but you can run "conky -c filename" to use another file. All you have to do to run many conkys, is to create a shell script to run them:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    conky &
    conky -c .conkyrc2 &
    conky -c .conkyrc3 &
    what would be the easiest way to approach that?
    -ASUS U46: Intel Core I5(Sandy Bridge) 8 gb Ram, Integrated Graphics card. Currently running Ubuntu 13.04(64bit)

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

what would be the easiest way to approach that?
    Sorry, but that is the only approach I know. Maybe someone else can help you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

im sorry maybe im being vague. do i need to use that as my conkyrc? or would i make a seperate script and run that at startup?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

im sorry maybe im being vague. do i need to use that as my conkyrc? or would i make a seperate script and run that at startup?
    No, that's a script to run conky at startup. The example will run three conkyrcs: .conkyrc, .conkyrc2, and .conkyrc3

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Crinos512, I switched to using template file for the weather. I had to increase text_buffer_size to 2048 in order to get full output. Lo and behold (screenshot attached) -- both cores are at 40% now (and were only at 2-3% before the change). I'm going back to how I had my .conkyrc

For hddtemp
    Code:
    sudo cp /usr/sbin/hddtemp /usr/bin/hddtemp
    sudo chmod u+s /usr/bin/hddtemp
    can you explain the need in the first line? Why should I not just do
    Code:
    sudo chmod u+s /usr/sbin/hddtemp
    ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!

To run dual conky scripts, I used the info below.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=951

There is this guide as well.
    CHAPTER II
    A Multiple Conky Setup
    Advantages and Disadvantages of 64bit.(Plus install Guides)

‘In search of some small measure of peace, that we all seek, and few of us ever find.’

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by John.Michael.Kane View Post
    To run dual conky scripts, I used the info below.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=951

There is this guide as well.
    CHAPTER II
    A Multiple Conky Setup
    This conky hardcore site is awesome. I didn't knew it. Thanks for the link.

Page 671 of 2328 FirstFirst ... 17157162166166967067167267368172177111711671 ... LastLast