Page 562 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 6246251255256056156256356457261266210621562 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,620 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Piraja View Post
    Slight updates to my typewriter desktop.
    Don't know about other, but I grabbed it.
    GENIUS! What a nice conky

I just might change mine.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by vasilub1 View Post
    Hi, Bruce,

Any idea?...
    I can't help you, I don't know a thing about KDE. Some here might though.

But I see where you may have another problem, when the calendar month has a 5th line, like March has.

But it sure looks nice.

Have a nice day and good luck.
    Bruce

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Piraja View Post
    Slight updates to my typewriter desktop. The Conky windows and Tilda terminals have actually two different typewriter fonts, MyUnderwood (in the "main" Conky and the MPD info Conky) and Powderfinger (which has a degree symbol, and is therefore more usable in the ConkyForecast setup), both downloadable at dafont.com. This time I'm running Lyricsdownloader in a Tilda terminal instead of Conky (lyricsdownloader | less).

P.S. I later attached a ZIP archive of the three conkyrc files (conky*), the conkyForecast template and the startup-script for launching these together (bruce-type, with "sleep 30" for conkyweather-type in order that e.g. wireless network comes up before the weather-conky). These are customised for my Openbox desktop, some modifications may be required if you use these in other environments ("override" instead of "desktop" seems like a good idea in Nautilus).
    Very nice your "thematic" conky, Piraja! Congratulations!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Thank you, I'm happy you like it. The whole setup actually exploits the ideas and work of several individuals, including you, Bruce M! In any case, what I enjoy in this thread and some others is the fact that each setup and desktop draws a certain personal flavour out of the various ingredients and the sharing of ideas.
    I never use smilies, but there are exceptions that prove the rule [Hey, how do I disable showing colon & parenthesis as an emoticon in my signature?]
    Now playing: Last.fm

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Thumbs down Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by vasilub1 View Post
    Hi, Bruce,
    I placed here a kind of 'Horizontal Conky' in my Kubuntu Desktop with KDE 4.2... but I found out this is not a genuine horizontal setting... Even I think this is good for KDE user having the panel on bottom default....The conky's window height can be set as "minimum size" only !?... So, if I do not use feh with ' ${color black}${execi 10000 ~/.set_wallpaper} ' in conkyrc, making conky window a kind of "transparent" on any choosed wallpaper, I would have more than 90% of desktop covered by conky window... Any idea?...
    I'm not sure I can help much here, but I'll try. In my experience conky only uses as much vertical room as it needs. Try removing trailing spaces and extra whitespace from your conkyrc. Unfortunately the transparency part of conky is a bit misleading it actually is a window on top of your desktop (but under other windows) using the background's wallpaper as a background image too. ... so while it appears transparent it will cover icons and shortcuts on your screen. ...That said there are some tricks you can try with KDE4.2 to help out.

A.> Looks like you have found feh, that's great! You can be rid of the ~/set_wallpaper script by using ${texeci 1000 feh --bg-scale "`grep 'wallpaper=' ~/.kde/share/config/plasmarc | tail --bytes=+11`"} in place of ${execi 10000 ~/.set_wallpaper} in your conkyrc. I use texeci because it launches feh as a seperate process (thread execute) allowing conky to continue without waiting for feh to finish. This should also update when you change your plasma wallpaper. (Be patient, KDE waits for some reason before it writes to the config file.)

B.> If you want your Icons on your screen not to be covered by the conky window, use a Folder View widget instead of displaying icons on your desktop. This will move those icons down so they aren't under that pesky conky window.

C.> This last one is kinda sneaky! If you want the Conky "bar" not to be covered by other windows simply add a panel at the top of your screen and resize it's thickness to cover the conky info. then apply one of the themes that has a see through panel. (Note: The theme will effect all of your panels so YMMV.)

...hope this helps, let me know if I need to clarify any thing.
    Last edited by Crinos512; February 9th, 2009 at 06:52 PM.
    || Kubuntu x86_64 (15.10 Dev.) || KDE 4.9.00 ||
    || Dell Inspiron 570 || 8GB PC3-10600 DDR3 RAM || AMD Phenom II X4 820 @ 2.8Ghz ||
    || Logitech M570 Trackball || Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard ||
    Conky: ... no such configuration: 'normal'

Beans
    Distro

@Chame_Wizard: How goes your conky quest?
    || Dell Inspiron 570 || 8GB PC3-10600 DDR3 RAM || AMD Phenom II X4 820 @ 2.8Ghz ||

Beans
    Hidden!

Last edited by plueschi; February 9th, 2009 at 04:28 PM.

Beans
    Distro

I think this thread should be moved from the Community section to How-To Section.

How would I lobby that?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Crinos512 View Post
    I think this thread should be moved from the Community section to How-To Section.

How would I lobby that?
    Over two years now for this thread. And it was never started as a "HowTo" just a Post & Show thread but it has become one of the best, most complete HowTo I have see for Conky.

Yea, I'd back that as well.

How? - I guess asking an admin would be the best place to start.

Have a nice Day
    Bruce

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

It's up to you, but I would censor that IP address in your screenshot, unless you're using something like Comcast and have a 77 internal IP from the modem separate from the external IP.

Page 562 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 6246251255256056156256356457261266210621562 ... LastLast