Page 547 of 2343 FirstFirst ... 4744749753754554654754854955759764710471547 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,470 of 23425

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

  1. #5461
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Beans
    13

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Piraja View Post
    Words today: brown & simple.
    also, any chance i could get that code? i could play with the font size and maybe cram it in the lower corner of UNR to start...

  2. #5462
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    332

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    My latest one. Trying to keep it a little different.
    I have a strong hatred of KDE

  3. #5463
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lost River Lake
    Beans
    233
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by ArdentMoth View Post
    also, any chance i could get that code? i could play with the font size and maybe cram it in the lower corner of UNR to start...
    Thanks for asking. Post #5449 has the config file as an attachment. It has a few more lines but you can remove those you don't wish to keep.

    What's UNR? [After a few seconds of googling: Ubuntu Netbook Remix.]
    Last edited by Piraja; January 28th, 2009 at 05:56 AM.
    I never use smilies, but there are exceptions that prove the rule [Hey, how do I disable showing colon & parenthesis as an emoticon in my signature?]
    Now playing: Last.fm

  4. #5464
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Beans
    34

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Probably a simple fix, but conky takes over my desktop -- icons reside below the conky windows... I set these parts of my .conkyrc:

    Code:
    own_window yes
    own_window_type override
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
    Any ideas?

    Thanks.

    -Chow

  5. #5465
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    2 exits past crazy
    Beans
    4,222
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by chowanec View Post
    Probably a simple fix, but conky takes over my desktop -- icons reside below the conky windows... I set these parts of my .conkyrc:

    Code:
    own_window yes
    own_window_type override
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
    Any ideas?

    Thanks.

    -Chow
    Icons are drawn by nautilus as part of the desktop. Conky resides above that layer, but below all other windows. So conky will always cover icons. You have to place your conky(s) in a location that won't do that.

  6. #5466
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Beans
    692

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Piraja View Post
    Oh good. But remember, half as much is twice the amount.
    In that case, give me four
    I switched to Windows because of all the disappointment Linux brought me.

  7. #5467
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Beans
    3,509

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Piraja View Post
    Oh good. But remember, half as much is twice the amount.
    I was going to say your half crazy but using your logic
    you must be totally crazy.

  8. #5468
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Beans
    2

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots


  9. #5469
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    @ ~/
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by yabbadabbadont View Post
    Icons are drawn by nautilus as part of the desktop. Conky resides above that layer, but below all other windows. So conky will always cover icons. You have to place your conky(s) in a location that won't do that.
    I've been wondering about that too. I've abandoned desktop icons in favour of conky.

    Has anyone figured out a way to fix this? What do you change in your conky script if you have?

    Cheers, Marco.

  10. #5470
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    USA-ish
    Beans
    206
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by marco123 View Post
    I've been wondering about that too. I've abandoned desktop icons in favour of conky.

    Has anyone figured out a way to fix this? What do you change in your conky script if you have?
    I guess it depends on what you use desktop icons for. If you use them to launch programs, you could stick them on the panel instead. If they're just for file storage, you could stick them in your home folder.

    I don't really use desktop icons for anything anymore. I use panels or AWN for everything.
    Desktop: Quantal on Core2 Duo E8500/Asus P5Q
    Laptop: Precise on S76 Pangolin

Page 547 of 2343 FirstFirst ... 4744749753754554654754854955759764710471547 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •