Page 489 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 3894394794874884894904914995395899891489 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,890 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by bra10n View Post
    Let's just say that my ISP and I are no longer friends. "It's a Linux issue, and there known issues with Firefox as a web browser"
    Don't know about Firefox issues, but everything else you said fits me like a second skin.

My ISP doesn't support Linux - too many varieties they say.
    I'd bet that the terminal commands are the same for most parts though.

Example:
    Ping was ping in DOS and is ping in Windows and Linux.

sigh...
    Bruce

Beans

Anyone know of a (dingbat?) font which contains the RSS logo? I would like to use it in my conky.
    See my themes here! | Dont preach Linux, mention it | Make GNOME Themes
    I'm no longer on here. If you want to talk to me, go to noost.org.
    My DeviantArt | Linux user #461096 | Ubuntu user #15753

Beans

Try this...

${color1}${if_running exaile}${exec conkyExaile --datatype=AR}
    ${exec conkyExaile --datatype=AL}
    ${exec conkyExaile --datatype=TI}
    ${endif}$color
    I've been catching up on the goings on in the thread and ran across this new post resuscitating my original question about making this work. It still doesn't work, but I had a couple of thoughts that I tested and wanted to mention here to see if I could get some input, see if anyone had any ideas...

FIRST: Don't put the ${if_running} argument in conkyrc. Since the conkyExaile template is only going to get called once -- when conkyrc is first run -- it's not going to be dynamic, the way we want it to be. (If I correctly understand how this all works.)

Instead, put ${if_running} in the conkyExaile template. Because the template is constantly read, this will toggle the display on and off.

SECOND: It still doesn't work, but it's not a problem with ${if_running}, at least that I can tell. If you use "exaile" as the if_running argument, it doesn't work. If you do a "ps ax | grep exaile", you see that the process is actually called "exaile.py" -- but that doesn't work, either. (The whole ps output is "python /usr/lib/exaile/exaile.py" in case there's a subtlety there I'm missing.)

In trying to eliminate ${if_running} as the culprit here, I changed the process argument to something I could control and watch -- I used "top". And it worked perfectly.

So whatever's going on seems to have something to do with how ${if_running} identifies the name of the process. If there's a way to work around that (hopefully without the complicated process renaming hack proposed), then this should work a-okay.

Hoping some of the gurus have some pearls of wisdom to share...
    Last edited by akahige; December 4th, 2008 at 09:22 PM.

Beans

Hi akahige,

I had a shot at a fix, but my suggestion was ridiculous looking back.
    This Noob should be seen and not heard I guess.
    I was trying to remember what I did with rhythmbox and reading your post above about using the template to apply an ${if_running} argument was my intention.

Just that I got it wrong

Code:
    Anyone know of a (dingbat?)
    I feel a bit this way this morning

Code:
    Here's a page that has a list of almost 100 different speed test pages. One of them has to have a simple text output instead of fancy flash windows and graphs.
    detroit/zero thanks for the link. I guess this is a great way for me to actually try and learn something here, so will try and do as much as I can. No doubt there will be questions though

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Hey erictherev

If your inclined ive seen the same wallpaper somewhere without the shadowy figure...
    If you happen to recall where, let me know... I'd love to have it.
    Xubuntu / Studio Jammy laptop

Ubuntu server Jammy file server and web server
    pfsense router

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by erictherev View Post
    If you happen to recall where, let me know... I'd love to have it.
    No probs
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by akahige View Post
    Hoping some of the gurus have some pearls of wisdom to share...
    If you use the latest dev version of exaile it is listed as "exaile" in the processes...so $if_running exaile will work. At least it does for me

Just upgrade to it as follows:

1) Add this to the bottom of your /etc/apt/sources.list file:

Code:
    deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/exaile-devel/ubuntu intrepid main
    2) Then run this:

Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
    Hope that helps

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by smartboyathome View Post
    Anyone know of a (dingbat?) font which contains the RSS logo? I would like to use it in my conky.
    I asked this a few pages back. It doesn't appear that there is one.

Beans
    Hidden!

"Anyone know of a (dingbat?) font which contains the RSS logo? I would like to use it in my conky."

Quote Originally Posted by etnlIcarus View Post
    I asked this a few pages back. It doesn't appear that there is one.
    I was surfing the net looking instead of working today. Came across some try-before-buy programs for Windows that will convert images -- png in my experiment -- to fonts. Almost got it to work. I created, installed, and even typed the rss logo in <gack> Word, but it was really buggy -- couldn't change back to a text font cleanly. Perhaps there is a Linux program that can do the same.

I tried this:
    http://www.high-logic.com/fontcreator.html

and used the image from:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS_(file_format)
    Last edited by ddnev45; December 5th, 2008 at 02:23 AM. Reason: additonal quote, link
    The mark of an honest man ... is that he means what he says and knows what he means.
    A.R.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
    If you use the latest dev version of exaile it is listed as "exaile" in the processes...so $if_running exaile will work. At least it does for me
    Doesn't work for me. I, too, am running the latest dev version.

Here's the thing that I notice: top lists the process as simply "exaile", but if you do "ps ... exaile" it comes up as "exaile.py". Don't know why it would be different, but there it is...

HOWEVER -- and I don't know enough about how linux processes / top / $if_running work, but exaile.py looks like it comes up as some kind of python subprocess. Is that normal, and could it be contributing to this issue?

Page 489 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 3894394794874884894904914995395899891489 ... LastLast