Page 249 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1491992392472482492502512592993497491249 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by CSEatOSU View Post
    How are you running 8.10?
    ah yeah.. oops! (all corrected now - just forgot to put the code in to get correct version.. was a temp measure for placement )

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

my desk. with the conkyrc, and screenshot attached. really appreciate all the tips, and info shared in this thread. really, ultra useful.

however - i couldn't find out how to install the weatherget script, and also had trouble getting my email script to work.

for those noobs like me with similar problems - i'll just quickly say for weatherget - once u dwnloaded the file from http://prdownload.berlios.de/weather....4.0.1.tar.bz2, just untar the package u get, then navigate your way to the directory in the terminal and run:

sudo python setup.py install
    that worked for me.. hopefully works for u too. once u done that, just move the weather script files to the appropriate directory, and make sure the path in ur conky script matches..

and for the email scripts - if u have trouble logging in with it - it's likely that your password has characters that need a html escape code. go here: http://www.december.com/html/spec/esccodes.html and use those codes to type out the special characters in your password.

those were the problems i had, and i hope if anyone had the same ones, u can solve it too. cheers!

conkyrc: (i don't know how to turn off word wrap.. after TEXT it should be just two lines)
    background yes
    own_window yes
    own_window_type normal
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
    double_buffer yes
    use_spacer no
    use_xft yes
    xftfont DejaVu Sansixelsize=11
    xftalpha 0.5
    update_interval 1.0
    draw_shades no
    draw_outline no # amplifies text if yes
    draw_borders no
    gap_x 6
    gap_y 6
    alignment top_left
    double_buffer yes
    border_margin 1
    default_color 000000
    minimum_size 1262 0

TEXT
    ${alignc}Kernel: ${color #ffffff}$kernel | ${color} Up: ${color #ffffff}${uptime_short} | ${color}Cpu: ${color #ffffff}${cpu}% ${color}${cpugraph 10,80 AEA08E 9F907D} ${color #ffffff} | ${color }Mem: ${color #ffffff}$mem/$memmax - $memperc% ${color} ${membar 6,80}${color #ffffff} | ${color }Net: ${color #ffffff}${font}${downspeed eth0} Kb/s ${color} ${downspeedgraph eth0 10,80 AEA08E 9F907D} ${color #ffffff} ${totaldown eth0} down | ${color #ffffff}${upspeed eth0} Kb/s ${color} ${upspeedgraph eth0 10,80 AEA08E 9F907D} ${color #ffffff}${totalup eth0} up
    ${alignc} ${color }Root: ${color #ffffff}${font}${fs_free /} / ${fs_size /} - ${fs_free_perc /}% | ${color} Ipod: ${color #ffffff}${fs_free /media/JIN_S IPOD} / ${fs_size /media/JIN_S IPOD} - ${fs_free_perc /home}% | ${color}Email: ${color #ffffff}${execi 300 python ~/.conky/gmail.py} | ${color} Weather: ${color #ffffff} ${execi 1800 weatherget -f ~/.conky/.conkyweatherrc --station-id=ASXX0112 --metric } | ${color} ${if_running amarokapp} Now Playing:${color #ffffff} ${execi 10 dcop amarok player artist}-${execi 10 dcop amarok player title}
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by starryeyedboy; May 27th, 2008 at 02:47 PM. Reason: forgot to add the conky file.

Beans
    Hidden!

Details can be found here: Conky Weather Python Script Post #216

Enjoy
    Have a nice day
    Bruce

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce M. View Post

Details can be found here: Conky Weather Python Script Post #216

Enjoy
    Have a nice day
    Bruce
    nice concky
    Registered Linux user,number 507113.02-01-2013: ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO 785G |Athlon 2 X4 640|4 GiB DDR|1 TiB SATA2|Radeon HD 6570(HDMI)|Realtek 7.1 HDMI audio|Gigabit Lan|Kubuntu 12.10 Quanzal AMD64

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Hmm My .conkyrc file is hidden in my home folder, How would i unhide it ? I want to edit it with someones config hopefully and then run it somehow

Beans
    Distro

Why to un-hide, edit it as is.
    Code:
    gedit ~/.conkyrc
    if you like.
    run it with
    Code:
    conky
    Sanus|artificium - FREE VST plug-ins | Music | Web design | Graphics | Sound engineering | Software | Tutorials | PHP scripts and more ...

Beans
    Distro

when i try to run conky i get
    Conky: desktop window (10000b1) is subwindow of root window (13b)
    Conky: window type - normal
    Conky: drawing to created window (4000001)
    Conky: drawing to double buffer
    Conky: /proc/i8k doesn't exist! use insmod to make sure the kernel driver is loaded...

when i try to edit it, I get this
    /home/jay/.themes/xSkin/gtk-2.0/panel.rc:182: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "shadow/window-bg.png"

I'm not really sure what i am doing, when i have typed conky into the terminal nothing shows up

Beans
    Distro

Ahh i think i got it now, I just need to add stuff i think

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Kiongku View Post
    Hi,
    After looking at all those amazing stuff done on conky, I decided to try it out also.
    I did the conky files overnight after taking a lot of time to find my wallpaper and reading previous configs.
    Let me know how you guys find my setup.
    Its a dual conky setup on top left and top right.

Attachment 71730

First Conky config file Top Left
    Attachment 71731

Second Conky config file Top Right
    Attachment 71732
    After testing, I found out that the actual script for network detection was bugged.
    I could not get that task done in conky itself so I spent some time learning bash script and did my first bash script to detect network.
    From there I called it via conky and set up some rules for conky to detect networks properly. Seems working for now.

Here updated conky file and the network script
    conky_fsn3_tl.txt
    network.sh

Any constructive comments are appreciated.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Chame_Wizard View Post
    nice concky
    It never stays the same very long I'm always tweaking something.
    Glad you like it.

Page 249 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1491992392472482492502512592993497491249 ... LastLast