Page 2241 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1241174121412191223122392240224122422243225122912341 ... LastLast
Results 22,401 to 22,410 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    I don't remember seeing a jet fighter.
    I was an Avionics System tech on an A6 Intruder while in the Marine Corps. Trust me, if you look at the picture in this post: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...7#post12609327
    you will see it is indeed an armed single seat fighter capable of landing on the deck of a carrier.

And I thought my memory was bad? Lol

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Browning View Post
    And I thought my memory was bad? Lol
    OH!!! THAT plane! I'm not sure if it was tatxen that told me "small plane" or I just though it was ... I've never been that ... ummm ... intimate with planes. Would loved to have been but ... life always has it's own plan(e)s.

You have educated me ... and as I keep telling people "my forgetter is getting better!" but I doubt I'll forget that anytime soon now.
    Huge Thank You!

Beans

Hey, Sector11.

I'm putting Waldorf on my 32bit machine as I type (Installer is erasing the partition). What would be a good conky (More Info than the supplied conky) that is straight up info, no lua?
    I really only need the current days forcast and maybe the next as well.
    Just one that gives me all the system info, Net status, the day-date-month-time, and goes the length of the screen vertically.

Would have installed it sooner, but my 32bit machine is a 2003 SONY VAIO all in one desktop with intergrated wireless mouse and keyboard. The keyboard is non functionional with all installers boot menu's when I try to install from the USB drive (works great once I get past that point). Crunch Bang doesn't auto boot into the live session so it just sits there in the boot menu.
    I found a blank DVD to burn the iso onto so here I am.
    Last edited by Andy_Browning; November 8th, 2013 at 04:04 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Hey, Sector11.

I'm putting Waldorf on my 32bit machine as I type (Installer is erasing the partition). What would be a good conky (More Info than the supplied conky) that is straight up info, no lua?
    I really only need the current days forcast and maybe the next as well.
    Just one that gives me all the system info, Net status, the day-date-month-time, and goes the length of the screen vertically.

Would have installed it sooner, but my 32bit machine is a 2003 SONY VAIO all in one desktop with intergrated wireless mouse and keyboard. The keyboard is non functionional with all installers boot menu's when I try to install from the USB drive (works great once I get past that point). Crunch Bang doesn't auto boot into the live session so it just sits there in the boot menu.
    I found a blank DVD to burn the iso onto so here I am.
    Sure ask me the hard ones. There are so many to choose from. And conkys are highly personal and machine and DE/WM dependent. Since Waldorf is home turf, I can answer all those questions.

Some things that come to play:
    1. Screen size?
    2. lm-sensors & hddtemp - installed and configured?
    3. Graphics card - Nvidia or Intel?
    4. CPU - Intel or AMD?
    5. How many cores?

For a simple weather script I'd suggest one of Teo's bash scripts - see my signature he has four ... you don't have to use them at full capacity.
    Here's a sampling of some I have ... the weather on the right is lua - mrpeachys v9000 - the only lua in the others is draw-bk.lua to give the conkys shade on lighter backgrounds. The images are optional.

Calendars are done with scripts.

Beans

I like pieces and parts from all of them.
    So far I have only put the conky lua on the desktop that I just posted a few posts back (changed everything to fit the "crunchbang-flames-full-by-omns.jpg). It's not bad, but it just doesn't fit/belong.

I like a digital clock on the top followed by the calender. Then some weather, followed by system info, then net info with at least the same info that's in my present conky lua. Maybe after the weather a scrolling text reminder sort of thing.

I have a 2003 SONY VAIO PCV V200G all in one desktop. 2.8GHz single core Intel Pentium 4, SiS651 chipset, 1 GB of 333.0MHz PC2700 RAM, SiS Real256 shared video memory, AGP integrated graphics controller, and a 1024 X 768 (XGA) LCD monitor. Can't seem to be able to display processor temp at all (shows up in the disk utility though?).

That's all I the info I could find in a hurry. Will check for more a little later.
    Last edited by Andy_Browning; November 9th, 2013 at 02:02 AM.

Beans

easysid's Mechanical Clock steampunked.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stinkeye; November 9th, 2013 at 08:42 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by stinkeye View Post
    easysid's Mechanical Clock steampunked.
    Beautiful. Can fit any screen size. I Love it!!!

You and falldown should get together:

While made for his screen res no doubt it's a work of art as well.

I can't create steampunk stuff but I can use it. I made my hour wheel transparent to to use on a steampunk wallpaper

Looks like easysid has a following .. and he should ... beautiful clock.

Beans

I'm constantly amazed at what can be done with conky.

Beans
    Hidden!

I'm constantly amazed at what can be done with conky.
    Yea, toss in stinkeye and falldown's GIMP skills along with LUA and the only thing holding those two back is imagination.

Crinos512, years ago, build a conky out of bash files ... as he said:
    Why? Because I can!
    Then there are people like dk75 and arclance - scripting geniuses as well - with conkys that show it.

Me, I bend fold an manipulate a few scripts but I do more traditional conkys

Beans
    Hidden!

Can't seem to be able to display processor temp at all (shows up in the disk utility though?).

That's all I the info I could find in a hurry. Will check for more a little later.
    Run
    Code:
    sudo sensors-detect
    answer yes to everything and at the end
    Code:
     09 Nov 13 | 13:01:14 ~
        $ /etc/init.d/kmod start
    [info] Loading kernel module fuse.
    [info] Loading kernel module firewire-sbp2.
    [info] Loading kernel module loop.
    [info] Loading kernel module f71882fg.

09 Nov 13 | 13:01:30 ~
        $
    now try
    Code:
    sensors
    and post the outcome.

Page 2241 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1241174121412191223122392240224122422243225122912341 ... LastLast