Page 2218 of 2328 FirstFirst ... 1218171821182168220822162217221822192220222822682318 ... LastLast
Results 22,171 to 22,180 of 23277

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Hi guys - I am really glad the forum is up and running again.
    Thank you,
    GG -----------
    GUI we don't need no stinking GUI: A collection of Bash scripts
    Mutt (email), cmus (music),Google Calendar and Google Tasks cli

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyGaijin View Post
    Hey there GrouchyGaijin, although I don't believe it for a minute, good to see you too!

Let me edit that... it didn't sound right... I don't believe the Grouchy part!
    Last edited by Sector11; August 3rd, 2013 at 03:53 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Yay, after several failed attempts I got my account back working finally.

I figured I would post my current conky/screen shot as my first official act of business...

Screenshot - 08012013 - 08:23:52 PM.jpg

Conky Files.zip

Don't get too used to it, I will be updating very soon once my new widescreen monitor arrives next week and I can put this small CRT relic back in the attic where it belongs. I think I will try to change up my theme a bit, the final fantasy girls may need a break.
    Last edited by Petro Dawg; August 2nd, 2013 at 02:26 AM.
    Who's Awesome? You're Awesome.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

+1

Yeah, I was setting up an Xubuntu system for my technologically impaired mother in law this past week and had to figure out how to make it super simple, completely automated (auto update system without passwords on startup), and locked down (cannot add/delete anything on desktop or access unnecessary programs) and I was sure missing the forum assistance. I got it done, but it was about 3 times as difficult as it would have been had I access to the forum's wealth of information.

Beans
    Hidden!

@ GrouchyGaijin - read my last post again - I edited it. Don’t want you to think badly of me over an oops!

Quote Originally Posted by Petro Dawg View Post
    +1

Yeah, I was setting up an Xubuntu system for my technologically impaired mother in law this past week and had to figure out how to make it super simple, completely automated (auto update system without passwords on startup), and locked down (cannot add/delete anything on desktop or access unnecessary programs) and I was sure missing the forum assistance. I got it done, but it was about 3 times as difficult as it would have been had I access to the forum's wealth of information.
    Hey there Petro Dawg ... good to see you back.

... like the "locked down" part! Nothing worse than a phone call, "I think I deleted something I shouldn't have!"

Did you leave her a nice conky?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

@Sector_11: Dude, I took it the right way - no worries.

@Petro Dawg: Is she using it?

We just got back from vacation in Japan at my in-laws house.
    I took an old laptop I had and installed EasyPeasy (based on Ubuntu 10.10 I think) and set up the browser to go straight to her Gmail account that my wife set up for her, but remains unsued, made sure Skype worked and bookmarked a link to the web site I set up so the Grandparents can see photos and videos of the kids.
    Oh yeah, I had the whole thing in Japanese so she could use the computer in her native language.

We were there six weeks and every few days I kept saying "Let me show you how this works." Finally, the night before we came back to Sweden, she said "OK".

She looked at the desktop and proclaimed it is just too difficult and walked off.
    Thank you,
    GG -----------
    GUI we don't need no stinking GUI: A collection of Bash scripts
    Mutt (email), cmus (music),Google Calendar and Google Tasks cli

Beans
    Hidden!

@Sector_11: Dude, I took it the right way - no worries.

She looked at the desktop and proclaimed it is just too difficult and walked off.
    jejejeje OK .. just makin' sure

@ Perto Dawg and GrouchyGaijin

Guess we three have something in common, my MIL has an old Compaq Presario running SliTaz and I do believe it's more a paperweight than anything else.

I just ran across an old conky and with a couple of tweaks (new monitor and system) ... it's still working!!!!!

Welcome to the

United Federation of Conkys

UFC Starship Statler!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

@Petro Dawg: Is she using it?
    Yeah, she uses it so far to some degree. But I basically made it a kiosk. There are a total of 6 icons on the screen (which cannot be deleted) 1 for Firefox (with several bookmarks to useful sites on the bookmarks bar), 1 for Thunderbird (already set up for her email), a folder containing 5 games (which are also locked), 1 for Home folder (probably will never get used), 1 for Team Viewer (if/when something needs fixed and I need to remotely log onto the computer), and an icon for whatever media might be inserted into the computer (CD/DVD or USB).

I set CDs and DVDs to be automatically played when detected. I also wrote a couple scripts to automatically update the computer at start up (inputing the sudo password and answering YES to any questions apt-get dist-upgrade asks). It can probably be done with one script, but the forum was down so I had to figure it out on my own which left be with a less efficient process, but it works.

I stripped everything off the Panel and it only contains the little xubuntu default weather app on one side and an OFF button (no sleep, no suspend, just off) on the other.

Now that I think about it, I may go back at some point and add a little Conky calendar or something as a finishing touch.
    Last edited by Petro Dawg; August 3rd, 2013 at 08:32 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    jejejeje OK .. just makin' sure

@ Perto Dawg and GrouchyGaijin

Guess we three have something in common, my MIL has an old Compaq Presario running SliTaz and I do believe it's more a paperweight than anything else.

I just ran across an old conky and with a couple of tweaks (new monitor and system) ... it's still working!!!!!

Welcome to the

United Federation of Conkys

UFC Starship Statler!
    The computer originally had Vista running on it and it was the slowest/buggiest piece of ...., well it was less than optimal to put it kindly. It was a dust collector, I'm hoping now it gets a bit of use with its added ease of use and much improved snappy speed.

That's a great conky, BTW.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Petro Dawg View Post
    The computer originally had Vista running on it and it was the slowest/buggiest piece of ...., well it was less than optimal to put it kindly. It was a dust collector, I'm hoping now it gets a bit of use with its added ease of use and much improved snappy speed.

That's a great conky, BTW.
    Vista - the visual precept of a region.
    I think your "visual precept of" the OS is very perceptive! Ooooo that's bad!!!

I found that today ... and it "all" works... there is even a RED ALERT in the space in the upper right if there is trash! can't remember for the life of me who gave me that line ... I wouldn't have figured that out in a hundred years!

Code:
    TEXT
    ${color2}${time %H%M%S  %d.%m.%y}\
    ${goto 370}STARDATE: ${time %s}\
    ${goto 820}UNIVERSAL EARTHDATE: ${time %Y%j%H%M%S}\
    ${goto 1100}${if_match  ${execi 15 du -sh ~/.local/share/Trash/ | cut --characters 1-2} != 12}${font lcars:bold:size=12}${voffset -5}${color9}R E D    A L E R T${font}${else}${endif}\
    ${goto 1220}${color}${uptime_short}
    Took a while to do that one ... glad I didn't loose it.

To whom ever: If you gave me that line, take a bow!

Page 2218 of 2328 FirstFirst ... 1218171821182168220822162217221822192220222822682318 ... LastLast