Page 2134 of 2325 FirstFirst ... 1134163420342084212421322133213421352136214421842234 ... LastLast
Results 21,331 to 21,340 of 23243

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

  1. #21331
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Sensors, hdtemp or both?

    Then what they give you in terminal?
    Linux Debian Sid (Minted) x86_64/3.12.10, Conky 2.0_pre, Xorg 7.7/1.15.0, KDE 4.11.5, Lenovo T61, Intel X3100, HITACHI HTS722010K9SA00 100GB, WDC_WD5000BEVT 500GB
    Linux user No.: 483055 | My Conky Pitstop corner | One4All project

  2. #21332
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Beans
    32

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by dk75 View Post
    Sensors, hdtemp or both?

    Then what they give you in terminal?
    Well I suppose it would be the hdtemp, motherboard temp and CPU temp. hd temp works but nothing else.

    How do I output the temperatures in terminal??

  3. #21333
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    For "sensors", type in terminal:
    Code:
    sensors
    for "hddtemp", type in terminal:
    Code:
    hddtemp /dev/sda -n --unit=C
    Linux Debian Sid (Minted) x86_64/3.12.10, Conky 2.0_pre, Xorg 7.7/1.15.0, KDE 4.11.5, Lenovo T61, Intel X3100, HITACHI HTS722010K9SA00 100GB, WDC_WD5000BEVT 500GB
    Linux user No.: 483055 | My Conky Pitstop corner | One4All project

  4. #21334
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Beans
    32

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by dk75 View Post
    For "sensors", type in terminal:
    Code:
    sensors
    for "hddtemp", type in terminal:
    Code:
    hddtemp /dev/sda -n --unit=C
    So this is what I get for "sensors"

    Code:
    dobbie@Dobbie:~$ sensors
    acpitz-virtual-0
    Adapter: Virtual device
    temp1:        +30.0C  (crit = +110.0C)
    
    coretemp-isa-0000
    Adapter: ISA adapter
    Core 0:       +38.0C  (high = +89.0C, crit = +105.0C)
    Core 2:       +37.0C  (high = +89.0C, crit = +105.0C)
    
    it8721-isa-0a10
    Adapter: ISA adapter
    in0:          +2.82 V  (min =  +0.95 V, max =  +1.63 V)  ALARM
    in1:          +2.53 V  (min =  +0.44 V, max =  +0.31 V)  ALARM
    in2:          +2.92 V  (min =  +2.15 V, max =  +2.98 V)
    +3.3V:        +3.34 V  (min =  +5.86 V, max =  +0.86 V)  ALARM
    in4:          +0.90 V  (min =  +1.40 V, max =  +0.92 V)  ALARM
    in5:          +1.07 V  (min =  +1.52 V, max =  +0.22 V)  ALARM
    in6:          +2.03 V  (min =  +0.58 V, max =  +2.71 V)
    3VSB:         +3.24 V  (min =  +4.73 V, max =  +1.92 V)  ALARM
    Vbat:         +3.29 V  
    fan1:        1038 RPM  (min =   20 RPM)
    fan2:           0 RPM  (min =   96 RPM)  ALARM
    temp1:        +38.0C  (low  = +127.0C, high = +80.0C)  sensor = thermistor
    temp2:        +59.0C  (low  =  -1.0C, high = +127.0C)  sensor = thermistor
    temp3:        +26.0C  (low  =  -1.0C, high = +127.0C)  sensor = thermal diode
    intrusion0:  ALARM
    
    radeon-pci-0100
    Adapter: PCI adapter
    temp1:        +79.0C
    This is what I get for the temp:
    Code:
    dobbie@Dobbie:~$ hddtemp /dev/sda -n --unit=C
    40

  5. #21335
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Then HDD temperature works for you.

    Back to CPU and MoBo.
    CPU:
    Code:
    CPU TEMP: ${alignr}${exec sensors | grep 'CPU Temperature' | cut -c19-20}C / ${color #FCAF3E}${exec sensors | grep 'CPU Temperature' | cut -c37-38}C$color
    change to
    Code:
    CPU TEMP: ${alignr}${execp sensors coretemp-isa-0000 | mawk '/Core 0/ {gsub(/(\+)|(\..)/,"",$3);gsub(/(\+)|(\..)|(,)/,"",$6) ; print $3" / ${color #FCAF3E}"$6}'}${color}
    MoBo:
    Code:
    MOTHER TEMP: ${alignr}${exec sensors | grep 'MB Temperature' | cut -c19-20}C / ${color #FCAF3E}${exec sensors | grep 'MB Temperature' | cut -c37-38}C$color
    change to
    Code:
    MOTHER TEMP: ${alignr}${execp sensors it8721-isa-0a10 | mawk '/temp1/ {gsub(/(\+)|(\..)/,"",$2);gsub(/(\+)|(\..)|(,)/,"",$8) ; print $2" / ${color #FCAF3E}"$8}'}${color}
    Linux Debian Sid (Minted) x86_64/3.12.10, Conky 2.0_pre, Xorg 7.7/1.15.0, KDE 4.11.5, Lenovo T61, Intel X3100, HITACHI HTS722010K9SA00 100GB, WDC_WD5000BEVT 500GB
    Linux user No.: 483055 | My Conky Pitstop corner | One4All project

  6. #21336
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Beans
    32

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by dk75 View Post
    Then HDD temperature works for you.

    Back to CPU and MoBo.
    CPU:
    Code:
    CPU TEMP: ${alignr}${exec sensors | grep 'CPU Temperature' | cut -c19-20}C / ${color #FCAF3E}${exec sensors | grep 'CPU Temperature' | cut -c37-38}C$color
    change to
    Code:
    CPU TEMP: ${alignr}${execp sensors coretemp-isa-0000 | mawk '/Core 0/ {gsub(/(\+)|(\..)/,"",$3);gsub(/(\+)|(\..)|(,)/,"",$6) ; print $3" / ${color #FCAF3E}"$6}'}${color}
    MoBo:
    Code:
    MOTHER TEMP: ${alignr}${exec sensors | grep 'MB Temperature' | cut -c19-20}C / ${color #FCAF3E}${exec sensors | grep 'MB Temperature' | cut -c37-38}C$color
    change to
    Code:
    MOTHER TEMP: ${alignr}${execp sensors it8721-isa-0a10 | mawk '/temp1/ {gsub(/(\+)|(\..)/,"",$2);gsub(/(\+)|(\..)|(,)/,"",$8) ; print $2" / ${color #FCAF3E}"$8}'}${color}
    Excellent thank you,

    can you please help me with showing the HDD temp in the same format as the others and I also have an annoying ) on the end of the temp for the Motherboard temp. Picture attached to show you what I mean for both requests.

    Oh and the config that I need help with:
    Code:
    ${font AvantGarde LT ExtraLight:pixelsize=10}${goto 32}HD-DISK TEMP:${alignr}${exec hddtemp /dev/sda -n --unit=C}C / ${color #FCAF3E}${exec sensors | grep 'CPU Temperature' | cut -c54-55}C$color
    Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #21337
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by DobsonM View Post
    Excellent thank you,

    can you please help me with showing the HDD temp in the same format as the others and I also have an annoying ) on the end of the temp for the Motherboard temp. Picture attached to show you what I mean for both requests.

    Oh and the config that I need help with:
    Code:
    ${font AvantGarde LT ExtraLight:pixelsize=10}${goto 32}HD-DISK TEMP:${alignr}${exec hddtemp /dev/sda -n --unit=C}C / ${color #FCAF3E}${exec sensors | grep 'CPU Temperature' | cut -c54-55}C$color
    Thanks in advance!
    To fix your mother board temp line, just reduce your last motherboard grep -cut number by one to get rid of the ")".
    For example, if your code is
    Code:
    -cut 19-22
    , then change it to
    Code:
     -cut 19-21
    .
    Its also possibly you have a stray ")" in your code.
    grep is used to search for a specific line, such as 'CPU temperature' in the sensors output, and "-cut 19-21" cuts the 19th to 21st character of that particular line. Just play around with the cuts until you get the proper output in Conky.

    Edit:
    It occurred to me you maybe using "mawk" instead of "grep" for the motherboard line if you are using DK75's code, in which case my advice is less than helpful. I'm a grep'er not a mawk'er.
    Last edited by Petro Dawg; December 29th, 2012 at 01:25 AM.

  8. #21338
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Beans
    32

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Petro Dawg View Post
    To fix your mother board temp line, just reduce your last motherboard grep -cut number by one to get rid of the ")".
    For example, if your code is
    Code:
    -cut 19-22
    , then change it to
    Code:
     -cut 19-21
    .

    grep is used to search for a specific line, such as 'CPU temperature' in the sensors output, and "-cut 19-21" cuts the 19th to 21st character of that particular line. Just play around with the cuts until you get the proper output in Conky.
    Thanks but I don't have that in this line, here it is so you can see:
    Code:
    ${font AvantGarde LT ExtraLight:pixelsize=10}${font}${goto 32}MTHR TEMP: ${alignr}${execp sensors it8721-isa-0a10 | mawk '/temp1/ {gsub(/(\+)|(\..)/,"",$2);gsub(/(\+)|(\..)|(,)/,"",$8) ; print $2" / ${color #FCAF3E}"$8}'}${color}

  9. #21339
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by DobsonM View Post
    Thanks but I don't have that in this line, here it is so you can see:
    Code:
    ${font AvantGarde LT ExtraLight:pixelsize=10}${font}${goto 32}MTHR TEMP: ${alignr}${execp sensors it8721-isa-0a10 | mawk '/temp1/ {gsub(/(\+)|(\..)/,"",$2);gsub(/(\+)|(\..)|(,)/,"",$8) ; print $2" / ${color #FCAF3E}"$8}'}${color}
    I tried making sense of "mawk" (adapting the code you posted to my Conky), but I'm not familiar enough with its usage to get it to behave correctly. If you ever decide to go the "grep" route I could help you.

    From what I understand, grep is less efficient; but for me, it's easier to understand and use.

    something like this might work
    Code:
    ${font}MTHR TEMP: ${alignr}${exec sensors it8721-isa-0a10 | grep 'temp1' | cut -c16-19}C ${color #FCAF3E}/ ${exec sensors it8721-isa-0a10 | grep 'temp1' | cut -c48-51}C${color}
    You may have to adjust the numbers in -c16-19 and -c48-51 to get your cuts right (however there will always be a difference of 3 between the two numbers in each cut).

    A draw back the this method is that if the temperature ever increases above 99C (which it hopefully will never do), the grep method will display something like 01C for 101C, or 13C for 113C. This can be fixed by including the "+" before the temperatures by widening your cut (to -c15-19 from -c16-19 for example).
    Last edited by Petro Dawg; December 29th, 2012 at 02:44 AM. Reason: keep thinking of stuff

  10. #21340
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Beans
    32

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    That worked after a bit of fiddling with the cut a bit but now I cant get the max temp to show with this one:

    Code:
    ${font}HARD-DISK TEMP:${alignr}${exec hddtemp /dev/sda -n --unit=C}C / ${color #FCAF3E}${exec sensors | grep 'CPU Temperature' | cut -c52-53}C$color
    Sorry if I seem helpless but this is all very new to me.

Page 2134 of 2325 FirstFirst ... 1134163420342084212421322133213421352136214421842234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •