Page 2051 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1051155119512001204120492050205120522053206121012151 ... LastLast
Results 20,501 to 20,510 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    Well, I get carried away with conky. I know it, I like to tweak and play with them. In the end, they are all different. I like what you did with the "df -h" stuff. Showed imagination and that's what counts. Look at what came out of it. Some really nice stuff, which is good for everyone.

The ° symbol? copy/paste?

Let me tell you your first conky is light years ahead my first one.

It looks great!

Looking forward to seeing how you touch it up.
    Yup just copied and pasted degree symbol from LibreOffice. Worked like a charm. Not sure why I didn't think of that sooner.

Luckily I had a decent starter script that was somewhat close to what I wanted. If I had to figure all this stuff out from scratch, I'd be very lost. Also, the conky "language" is very intuitive. I just guessed at some commands and often times they worked.

As far as my next touch up, it'll be awhile probably. I'll have to jump into LUA or Python scripts to make anymore leaps I think. I don't have the energy for that at the moment. Perhaps on my next school break I'll have time to spend on making more progress (thanksgiving break maybe).

Beans
    Hidden!

@djyoung4 - i had completely forgotten about that script!
    it is interesting to see how my script writing has developed

@Crinos512 - you can run as many scripts and functions as you like
    with some provisos

you can only get 2 functions running above text with

lua_draw_hook_pre and lua_draw_hook_post

(actually it is now 4 as there in now lua_startup_hook and lua_shutdown_hook but those aren a bit different)

however, you could have a single script loaded that contains 20 different functions and then be able to use each of those function below text

you can also load up as many scripts as you like with lua_load

you can even load 2 separate scripts then use the functions from one script in the other
    this is what i have been doing with my latest project (borg conky)

I have 1 file that is just setup and button functions and another script that holds all of the other functions i am using

Have you considered collecting all of your LUA functions in a single package?
    I have, but I am horribly unorganized. But I have been writing a combined lua script containing many different functions that can be setup both entirely from the conkyrc or from within the script itself.

Now, as I wrote new functions I am going to be adding the combined file (and writing instructions in that file) rather than having lots of separate bits and pieces hanging around.

If you want to see something truly inspiring then check out falldown's LCARS conky in the crunchbang forum!
    It is in the interactive conky thread (link in my sig)
    Last edited by mrpeachy; September 3rd, 2012 at 04:20 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Thumbs down Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

@Sector11,

Love the edit ... but in case others want to know: tint2

Off topic just for fun:

One day I had to be the bearer of bad news when I told a wife that her husband had died of a massive myocardial infarct.

Not more than five minutes later, I heard her reporting to the rest of the family that he had died of "a massive internal fart."
    Submitted by Dr. Susan Steinberg
    Too funny! I figured out you were using 'tint2', but I got mine to look pretty close to yours using CairoDock(OpenGL) and then creating a couple of different 'main docks'. Same effect, just less work for me since I was already using Cairo...
    I sure do appreciate all the help everyone here is so willing to offer. That is the best part of using Linux IMHO. Of course the "FREE" part of all of it is attractive as well...
    Beware of the "Brain Fart"!!!

Jed

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jango_0072003 View Post
    hi,
    Love your conky layout..pls gimme the scripts so i can customize according to my need. Also if possible pls include comments in english where ever possible as I dont know French.

Thanks
    Jango
    Hi !
    You can try these 2 little pack, I'll post more later.
    Enjoy (you just have modify the paths)
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/63154177/ConkySysSol3.zip

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/63154177/ConkyDeadBeef.zip

Take a look on these conky weather : http://conky.pitstop.free.fr/wiki/in...82%29_%28fr%29
    You can obtain the packs with clicking images on.Its in french but the linux conky language is internationnal; and you should modify with F° and english dates...The locations in accuweather too...
    Last edited by ragamatrix; September 3rd, 2012 at 09:13 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    That link is two years old and they are still talking about /boot/grub/menu.lst, I have no /boot/grub/menu.lst - I'm using grub2

I did a search there is no 'rc.sysinit' anywhere on my Debian system.

This is something I have only just noticed.

EDIT: What do you mean I have nothing in fstab - I have one for each OS and I showed them, they are created when the systems were installed. You lost me on this.
    So this would be more recent and more on topic since developers discussing it, not normal users.

As for "nothing in FSTAB" is to compare to "find out what's causing that strange entry in df -h (and fstab)". You have nothing "wrong or strange" in FSTAB.
    Linux Debian Sid (Minted) x86_64/3.12.10, Conky 2.0_pre, Xorg 7.7/1.15.0, KDE 4.11.5, Lenovo T61, Intel X3100, HITACHI HTS722010K9SA00 100GB, WDC_WD5000BEVT 500GB
    Linux user No.: 483055 | My Conky Pitstop corner | One4All project

Beans
    Hidden!

OK that makes more sense ... something Awebb said is something about systemd that's coming. It's already in the repos, but way too 'technical' for me to touch on my working system, maybe in the second one when I get time. Apparently there's something along those lines for Ubuntu as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dk75 View Post
    As for "nothing in FSTAB" is to compare to "find out what's causing that strange entry in df -h (and fstab)". You have nothing "wrong or strange" in FSTAB.
    Aaaaaaaaa OK, a misunderstanding. I'm so sorry. This works better for the moment: di

`di' is a disk information utility, displaying everything
    (and more) that your `df' command does. It features the
    ability to display your disk usage in whatever format you
    desire/prefer/are used to. It is designed to be portable
    across many platforms.
    Code:
      03 Sep 12 | 13:39:18 ~
             $ di
    Filesystem         Mount               Size     Used    Avail %Used  fs Type 
    rootfs             /                   9.3G     6.6G     2.3G   76%  rootfs  
    /dev/disk/by-uuid/ /                   9.3G     6.6G     2.3G   76%  ext4    
    udev               /dev               10.0M     0.0M    10.0M    0%  devtmpfs
    /dev/sda7          /home              13.9G     4.1G     9.1G   35%  ext4    
    /dev/sda5          /media/5          116.2G    41.7G    68.7G   41%  ext4    
    /dev/sda8          /media/8           66.1G     1.1G    61.7G    7%  ext4    
    tmpfs              /run              597.5M     0.4M   597.1M    0%  tmpfs   
    tmpfs              /run/lock           5.0M     0.0M     5.0M    0%  tmpfs   
    tmpfs              /run/shm            1.9G     0.0G     1.9G    0%  tmpfs   

03 Sep 12 | 13:39:21 ~
             $
    It still reports / twice: rootfs & /dev/disk/by-uuid/ but at least without the super long UUID number. And can be use in place of df -h in conkys.
    Last edited by Sector11; September 3rd, 2012 at 06:04 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Crinos512 View Post
    @ Sector11 Thanks! it's nice to be recognized. I maintain that I used the bash scripts for efficiency, though. ... not to show off.
    I believe you! And I learned from them.

@ djyoung4 From what I have seen you have truely become a force to be reckoned with. The Code-Fu is strong with this one!
    Yea, he's good, nice guy to have around.

@ mrpeachy Have you considered collecting all of your LUA functions in a single package? (moving the usage info into the LUA comments itself) Can you load more than one LUA script into a conky at a time? Regardless, I have a feeling I'm going to be reading a lot of your blog.
    If you get lost, send up a flare, we'll send out a search party!

OK, I guess there's nothing for it. Time to start changing things up... and catching up. You guys are inspiring!

Well, here's where I'm starting from now...

Attachment 223575

Basically it's a modified version of the "Sunken Fortress" I did back in Natty. Has it really been that long? eesh.

Time to go drum up some ideas.
    You've come to the right place(s).

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedcurtis View Post
    Too funny! I figured out you were using 'tint2', but I got mine to look pretty close to yours using CairoDock(OpenGL) and then creating a couple of different 'main docks'. Same effect, just less work for me since I was already using Cairo...

Jed
    Hey, if it works ... see last line of my sig.
    Less ... ummmm .... brain gas that way.

Glsad you got it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by facetoe View Post
    Hello I'm new to Ubuntu and am trying to set up a Conky display on my desktop. I've run into a problem with execigraph though, and I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

I've got a simple script in ruby:

Code:
    print rand(100)
    It works fine for the execgraph:
    Code:
     ${execgraph  ~/myStuff/conky/test.rb}
    and prints a nice graph.

When I try and run
    Code:
    ${execigraph 5  ~/myStuff/conky/test.rb}
    I don't get anything at all. Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04

Any help appreciated!
    I already asked him to post an output when he starts his conky from a terminal
    I'm a super power user

Beans

I get this in the terminal:

Code:
    Conky: desktop window (2000095) is subwindow of root window (af)
    Conky: window type - normal
    Conky: drawing to created window (0x4e00001)
    Conky: drawing to double buffer
    No error or anything, the graph just doesn't show up.

Page 2051 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1051155119512001204120492050205120522053206121012151 ... LastLast