Page 20 of 2343 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230701205201020 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 23425

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

  1. #191
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Beans
    1,352

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    My newest .conkyrc:




    and the desktop view:


    http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...eenshot-89.png

    and the cube view:


    http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...eenshot-91.png

    Code:
    # UBUNTU-CONKY
    # A comprehensive conky script, configured for use on
    # Ubuntu / Debian Gnome, without the need for any external scripts.
    #
    # Based on conky-jc and the default .conkyrc.
    # INCLUDES:
    # - battery stats, cached memory, uptime, date/time, file system stats
    # 
    #
    # 
    #
    
    # Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)
    # I changed the own_window yes to "no" because it kept making my Beryl start weird with a black screen. I also turned the desktop icons off. plus, I don't use a startup script anymore. Everything works perfectly.
    own_window no
    own_window_transparent yes
    #own_window_type normal
    own_window_type override
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
    
    # Use double buffering (reduces flicker, may not work for everyone)
    double_buffer yes
    
    # fiddle with window
    # I think the "use spacer" option only works with mono fonts.
    use_spacer yes
    use_xft yes
    
    # Xft font when Xft is enabled
    #xftfont Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:size=4
    xftfont Judas:size=8
    
    # Update interval in seconds
    update_interval 3.0
    
    # Minimum size of text area
    
    minimum_size 742 10
    
    maximum_width 234
    
    
    # Draw shades? was no
    #draw_shades yes
    
    # Text stuff
    # amplifies text if yes was no
    draw_outline yes 
    draw_borders no
    uppercase no # set to yes if you want all text to be in uppercase
    
    
    # border margins
    #border_margin 0
    
    # border width
    #border_width 0
    
    # Default colors and also border colors
    #default_shade_color a7d9a3
    default_outline_color b04402 
    default_color f7f3e8 
    
    
    
    # Text alignment, other possible values are commented
    #alignment top_left
    alignment top_right
    #alignment bottom_left
    #alignment bottom_right
    
    # Gap between borders of screen and text
    gap_x 0
    gap_y 30
    	
    
    # Text alpha when using Xft
    xftalpha 1
    
    
    # drawn 1 pixel border around graphs or not was no on screenshot guide
    draw_graph_borders no
    
    # stuff after 'TEXT' will be formatted on screen
    
    
    TEXT
    
    ${time %b  %d  %Y}${offset 14}${font Judas:bold:size=14}${time %l:%M %p}${font}
    
    blah@${nodename}
    xubuntu 7.04 with Beryl-AiGLX
    ${kernel} on ${machine}
    IP eth0:     ${addr eth0}
    wifi eth1:   ${linkstatus eth1}%
    *  Uptime:${alignr 73}${uptime}
    *  Battery:${alignr 73}${battery}
    *  B. time:${alignr 73}${battery_time}
    
    Thunar File System:${alignr 24}${fs_size}
     --->${alignr 24}used = ${fs_used}
     --->${alignr 24}free = ${fs_free} 
    Root File:${alignr 24}${fs_free_perc /}% free  
    Win Xp:${alignr 24}${fs_free_perc /media/hda1}% free
    Swap File:${alignr 24}${swapperc}% of ${swapmax}
    RAM:${alignr 24}${memperc}% of ${memmax}
    Cache Mem:${alignr 24}${cached}
      
      1.)  ${top_mem name 1}
    mem %${offset 18}${top_mem mem 1}${offset 31}${alignc}cpu %${alignr 24}${top_mem cpu 1}
    
      2.)  ${top_mem name 2}
    mem %${offset 18}${top_mem mem 2}${offset 31}${alignc}cpu %${alignr 24}${top_mem cpu 2}
    
      3.)  ${top_mem name 3}
    mem %${offset 18}${top_mem mem 3}${offset 31}${alignc}cpu %${alignr 24}${top_mem cpu 3}
    
    ${cpugraph 24,228 b04402 9f8372} 
    
    *  Temp:${alignr 73}${acpitemp}.c
    *  CPU:${alignr 73}${freq_g}GHz
    *  Clocked:${alignr 73}${freq_dyn_g}GHz
    
      1.)  ${top name 1}
    cpu %${offset 18}${top cpu 1}${offset 31}${alignc}mem %${alignr 24}${top mem 1}
      
      2.)  ${top name 2}
    cpu %${offset 18}${top cpu 2}${offset 31}${alignc}mem %${alignr 24}${top mem 2}
    
      3.)  ${top name 3}
    cpu %${offset 18}${top cpu 3}${offset 31}${alignc}mem %${alignr 24}${top mem 3}
    
    ${downspeedgraph eth0 24,100 b04402 9f8372}${offset 28}${upspeedgraph eth0 24,100 b04402 9f8372}
    Down: ${downspeedf eth0}k/s${alignr 24}Up: ${upspeedf eth0}k/s
    Down: ${totaldown eth0}${alignr 24}Up: ${totalup eth0}
    
    ${font spanky 20 second version:size=28}crimesaucer${font}
    Last edited by crimesaucer; May 17th, 2007 at 01:35 AM. Reason: I had to change a few things becasue it used too much cpu.

  2. #192
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Beans
    1,433

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Biochem View Post
    3 conky on the same desktop!! I would be very interested to learn how to do that.
    Simply create a new conky config(ie. .conkyrc2)
    Then in term type conky -c .conkyrc2

    I typically copy my first .conkyrc and rename the copy to keep the font/color scheme similar, then edit the placement and of course the contents below TEXT. Hope it helps and may you soon have a multiple conky desktop too. =]

    You could also modify your conky startup script to start all your conky scripts every boot. =]
    Quote Originally Posted by *snip*
    I love it when people stop trying to help me and I just uninstall ubuntu because of it . . .

  3. #193
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Beans
    191

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Thank you notwen


    Quote Originally Posted by notwen View Post
    Simply create a new conky config(ie. .conkyrc2)
    Then in term type conky -c .conkyrc2

    I typically copy my first .conkyrc and rename the copy to keep the font/color scheme similar, then edit the placement and of course the contents below TEXT. Hope it helps and may you soon have a multiple conky desktop too. =]

    You could also modify your conky startup script to start all your conky scripts every boot. =]

  4. #194
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Beans
    111

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    im having another issue with displaying my date and time. Here is what is happening:
    If i put the code in to diplay the time as "X:XX am/pm" everything is fine

    well i wanted to add the "month day year" to show up just before the time and have it all right aligned

    the problem is if I add
    Code:
    ${alignr}${font blahblahblah:size}${code for date}${code for time}
    it pushed the "am/pm" off of the screen no matter what spacing I put in

    but if i put
    Code:
    ${time %b %d %Y}${font blahblahblah:bold:size}${alignr}${time %l:%M %p}
    the am/pm doesnt get pushed off the screen but (as you can tell) my date will not be aligned to the right next to the time, my date will be left aligned and my time will be right aligned. anyone able to help me out as to why it keeps pushing my am/pm off of the screen?
    Last edited by jputman01; May 10th, 2007 at 06:52 PM.

  5. #195
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Beans
    1

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots


    Code:
    background yes
    use_xft yes
    xftfont Terminus:size=8
    double_buffer yes
    mail_spool $MAIL
    update_interval 3.0
    total_run_times 0
    own_window no
    minimum_size 280 5
    draw_shades no
    draw_outline no
    draw_borders no
    stippled_borders 1
    border_margin 1
    border_width 1
    default_color black
    default_shade_color gray
    default_outline_color black
    alignment bottom_left
    #gap_x 12
    gap_y 66
    no_buffers yes
    uppercase no
    cpu_avg_samples 2
    net_avg_samples 2
    use_spacer yes
    
    TEXT
    Uptime: $uptime ${alignc} ${offset 15}
    Speed: ${color #008800}DL: ${downspeed eth0}kb/s${offset 26}${color #880000}UP: ${upspeed eth0} kb/s$color
    Total: ${color #008800}DL: ${totaldown eth0}${offset 38}${color #880000}UP: ${totalup eth0}$color
    CPU: $cpu% ${cpubar 6,40} ${offset 10}HD1: ${fs_free_perc /mnt/sda1/}% ${fs_bar 6,40 /mnt/sda1/}
    RAM: $memperc% ${membar 6,40} ${offset 10}HD2: ${fs_free_perc /}% ${fs_bar 6,40 /}
    
    ${color #2222AA}[${exec dcop kmix Mixer1 masterVolume}%] [${exec audtool current-song-output-length}] ${audacious_bar 6,40} ${audacious_title}
    Last edited by i0ngunn3r; May 10th, 2007 at 08:43 PM.

  6. #196
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Beans
    1,352

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by jputman01 View Post
    im having another issue with displaying my date and time. Here is what is happening:
    If i put the code in to diplay the time as "X:XX am/pm" everything is fine

    well i wanted to add the "month day year" to show up just before the time and have it all right aligned

    the problem is if I add
    Code:
    ${alignr}${font blahblahblah:size}${code for date}${code for time}
    it pushed the "am/pm" off of the screen no matter what spacing I put in

    but if i put
    Code:
    ${time %b %d %Y}${font blahblahblah:bold:size}${alignr}${time %l:%M %p}
    the am/pm doesnt get pushed off the screen but (as you can tell) my date will not be aligned to the right next to the time, my date will be left aligned and my time will be right aligned. anyone able to help me out as to why it keeps pushing my am/pm off of the screen?
    Hey jputman, I would try it like this:

    Code:
    ${time %b %d %Y}${alignr}${font fontname:bold:size=12}${time %l:%M %p}${/font}
    the code above should align the " ${time %l:%M %p} " part to the right side, along with it's embedded font/size/ and boldness. And hopefully, the rest of the line, (this part - " ${time %b %d %Y} ") should be aligned to your left, still using the default font and size. (I haven't tried it this way, and I don't know what your .conkyrc looks like, so I might be wrong)

    But if they overlap in the middle, then you might want to adjust your maximum_width or the size of the default font and the embedded font size.


    And if there is too much of a gap between your aligned right side, and the default left side, then you could try to offset it like the code below, or just use the space bar a few times before the " ${time %b %d %Y} " part to adjust it a bit.(it might be the cheating way):

    Code:
    ${offset 12}${time %b %d %Y}${alignr}${font fontname:bold:size=12}${time %l:%M %p}${/font}
    So I would guess, that the Month/Day/Year would now be 12 pixels to the right of the default left side, and your Hour/Minute/ and AM/PM would still be aligned to the right side. Now you can just adjust it by making the offset a different size.

    Let me know if this works.
    Last edited by crimesaucer; May 10th, 2007 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Edited because of a possible maximum_width issue.

  7. #197
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee,WI
    Beans
    6,282
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    does anyone know why or if conky will work with using Fiesty and enabling the Desktop Effects (ie beryl or compiz or whatever is built into fiesty under system, preferences) I have a .conkyrc file that was working but as soon as I enabled the desktop effects it doesn't show up anymore and I even still have conky in my session startup programs. also, can anyone point me to a good tuturial about editing the colors, font, and adding more hard drives gauges. I have 5 total hardd drives totaling 1.52 TB. Thanks

  8. #198
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Beans
    111

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by crimesaucer View Post
    Hey jputman, I would try it like this:

    Code:
    ${time %b %d %Y}${alignr}${font fontname:bold:size=12}${time %l:%M %p}${/font}
    the code above should align the " ${time %l:%M %p} " part to the right side, along with it's embedded font/size/ and boldness. And hopefully, the rest of the line, (this part - " ${time %b %d %Y} ") should be aligned to your left, still using the default font and size. (I haven't tried it this way, and I don't know what your .conkyrc looks like, so I might be wrong)

    But if they overlap in the middle, then you might want to adjust your maximum_width or the size of the default font and the embedded font size.


    And if there is too much of a gap between your aligned right side, and the default left side, then you could try to offset it like the code below, or just use the space bar a few times before the " ${time %b %d %Y} " part to adjust it a bit.(it might be the cheating way):

    Code:
    ${offset 12}${time %b %d %Y}${alignr}${font fontname:bold:size=12}${time %l:%M %p}${/font}
    So I would guess, that the Month/Day/Year would now be 12 pixels to the right of the default left side, and your Hour/Minute/ and AM/PM would still be aligned to the right side. Now you can just adjust it by making the offset a different size.

    Let me know if this works.

    crimesaucer, thanks for all your help

    that code you pasted above is actualy how i have it set right now. I want the both to be aligned to the right, but when i move the {alignr} in front of the date it moved it "too far" to the right and pushes the AM/PM off of the screen, i hope this is making sense, ill will post up a screenshot when i get back to my laptop after work, thanks for all the help again

  9. #199
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Beans
    1,352

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by jputman01 View Post
    crimesaucer, thanks for all your help

    that code you pasted above is actualy how i have it set right now. I want the both to be aligned to the right, but when i move the {alignr} in front of the date it moved it "too far" to the right and pushes the AM/PM off of the screen, i hope this is making sense, ill will post up a screenshot when i get back to my laptop after work, thanks for all the help again
    Did you check your maximum_width setting in the upper part of your .conkyrc?

    Code:
    maximum_width 200
    If it's set to maximum_width 200 , and if your whole line is larger (like equaling 250), then it will not show some of the line, like the AM/PM part.

    You might of already done that. Also, try adjusting the sizes of your fonts. Both the default size, and the adjusted (embedded) font size.

  10. #200
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Beans
    1,433

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy79 View Post
    does anyone know why or if conky will work with using Fiesty and enabling the Desktop Effects (ie beryl or compiz or whatever is built into fiesty under system, preferences) I have a .conkyrc file that was working but as soon as I enabled the desktop effects it doesn't show up anymore and I even still have conky in my session startup programs. also, can anyone point me to a good tuturial about editing the colors, font, and adding more hard drives gauges. I have 5 total hardd drives totaling 1.52 TB. Thanks
    As far as conky not displaying once you enable desktop effects, try starting conky after Beryl/Compiz starts. My conky startup script is like this to allow 20 seconds for my desktop(including Beryl) to finish loading before starting up my conky scripts.

    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    sleep 20 && conky && conky -c .conkyaud && conky -c .conkytime;
    For just your basic conkyrc script use this below and change the 20 to whatever to suit your desktop loading time

    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    sleep 20 && conky;
    Quote Originally Posted by *snip*
    I love it when people stop trying to help me and I just uninstall ubuntu because of it . . .

Page 20 of 2343 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230701205201020 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •