Page 1993 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 993149318931943198319911992199319941995200320432093 ... LastLast
Results 19,921 to 19,930 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    Sure enough I had 1.8.1-6 version of conky.
    I added the repository and updated it to 1.9.0-2 and it now displays but, there is no CPU core temperatures.
    Code:
    cavsfan@cavsfan-MS-7529:~$ conky -c /home/cavsfan/.conkyrc.good
    WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /tmp/keyring-ht0Qpq/pkcs11: No such file or directory
    Conky: can't open '/sys/bus/platform/devices/coretemp.0/temp1_input': No such file or directory
    please check your device or remove this var from Conky
    Conky: can't open '/sys/bus/platform/devices/coretemp.1/temp1_input': No such file or directory
    Conky: can't open '/sys/bus/platform/devices/coretemp.2/temp1_input': No such file or directory
    Conky: can't open '/sys/bus/platform/devices/coretemp.3/temp1_input': No such file or directory
    Conky: statfs64 '/media/1CFC7A8DFC7A60C6': No such file or directory
    Conky: desktop window (1600003) is subwindow of root window (15a)
    Conky: window type - override
    Conky: drawing to created window (0x3800001)
    Conky: drawing to double buffer
    And when ever I have a conky displayed, it takes the background from my login screen and not my desktop background.

Here is a pic of part of the screen so you can see what I mean

Getting closer! Thanks!
    Yeah. You say you upgraded to 12.04 when all this started? Well, open your file manager and go looking for those things it says aren't there. If 12.04 changed the locations of those things, then you'll have to redirect Conky to where they are now.

It looks like your Sensors need to be checked again. Perhaps 12.04 doesn't have THOSE sensors anymore, and they've been called something else now? Run Sensors again, just like you did when you first installed it. You may have to correspond what you find in Sensors with what you want to display in Conky.

And that File System entry might not be there. Find the device it was originally pointing to in your current file system and change the path in Conky. It's not pretty, but, a lot of this stuff has to be checked manually.

Let us know what you find. Others will probably have a better clue about some of these problems.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by 42dorian View Post
    Yeah. You say you upgraded to 12.04 when all this started? Well, open your file manager and go looking for those things it says aren't there. If 12.04 changed the locations of those things, then you'll have to redirect Conky to where they are now.

It looks like your Sensors need to be checked again. Perhaps 12.04 doesn't have THOSE sensors anymore, and they've been called something else now? Run Sensors again, just like you did when you first installed it. You may have to correspond what you find in Sensors with what you want to display in Conky.

And that File System entry might not be there. Find the device it was originally pointing to in your current file system and change the path in Conky. It's not pretty, but, a lot of this stuff has to be checked manually.

Let us know what you find. Others will probably have a better clue about some of these problems.
    Thanks for the info! I am in Lucid now (I am tri-booting 10.04 Ubuntu, 12.04 Xbuntu and windows 7.
    I looked for /sys/bus/platform/devices/coretemp.0/temp1_input in Xubuntu 12.04 and /sys/bus/platform/devices/coretemp.0/ was the only folder there. There was no 1,2 or 3. And inside that folder was temp2_input, temp3_input, temp4_input and temp5_input, but no temp1_input! That is weird!
    Here in Lucid I see all of the files.
    There has to be people on 12.04 that got this to work. Maybe I just need to drop the Xbuntu and go with Ubuntu. I was just kind of playing with it any way. Trying to learn but, I may just install Ubuntu 12.04 and see how that works.
    Thanks for your time!

Beans

Thanks for the info! I am in Lucid now (I am tri-booting 10.04 Ubuntu, 12.04 Xbuntu and windows 7.
    I looked for /sys/bus/platform/devices/coretemp.0/temp1_input in Xubuntu 12.04 and /sys/bus/platform/devices/coretemp.0/ was the only folder there. There was no 1,2 or 3. And inside that folder was temp2_input, temp3_input, temp4_input and temp5_input, but no temp1_input! That is weird!
    Here in Lucid I see all of the files.
    There has to be people on 12.04 that got this to work. Maybe I just need to drop the Xbuntu and go with Ubuntu. I was just kind of playing with it any way. Trying to learn but, I may just install Ubuntu 12.04 and see how that works.
    Thanks for your time!
    I'll save you the time. They work identical when it comes to this stuff. The only things different between Xubuntu and Ubuntu are the Window Managers. Ubuntu is using mixes of Gnome and/or Unity and/or Compiz, where Xubuntu is using XFCE4(4.6 in Lucid, 11.04+ uses 4.8 ) which has it's own 3D and Transparent compositor.

What you just discovered is that 12.04 isn't "Broken", your sensors were renamed in the new version. Just, have Conky look at the right names and it'll work for you again. WHERE they've been renamed, I don't know. I use 11.04 m'self. You can check in the HWMon folder (I think it's /sys/hwmon, but I can't remember.) to see what sensors you have available to you and go from there.
    Last edited by 42dorian; May 29th, 2012 at 11:18 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I'll save you the time. They work identical when it comes to this stuff. The only things different between Xubuntu and Ubuntu are the Window Managers. Ubuntu is using mixes of Gnome and/or Unity and/or Compiz, where Xubuntu is using XFCE4(4.6 in Lucid, 11.04+ uses 4.8) which has it's own 3D and Transparent compositor.

What you just discovered is that 12.04 isn't "Broken", your sensors were renamed in the new version. Just, have Conky look at the right names and it'll work for you again. WHERE they've been renamed, I don't know. I use 11.04 m'self. You can check in the HWMon folder (I think it's /sys/hwmon, but I can't remember.) to see what sensors you have available to you and go from there.
    Thanks! I'll work on it!

Beans

Thanks! I'll work on it!
    This will help you in solving this problem for you.

Run Sensors:

Code:
    sudo sensors-detect
    You've set these up in 10.04 before, that's where you were getting your old data from. Run it now so you can find all the sensors in your system. Then, run this, depending on your particular system you might need sudo, you might not:

Code:
    sensors
    When you run this, you'll get some sort of text output similar to this (this is mine, it'll look different to you.)

Code:
    emc6d102-i2c-0-2e
    Adapter: SMBus I801 adapter at c800
    in0:         +1.46 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +3.32 V)   
    Vcore:       +1.33 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +2.99 V)   
    +3.3V:       +3.37 V  (min =  +2.97 V, max =  +3.63 V)   
    +5V:         +5.11 V  (min =  +4.50 V, max =  +5.50 V)   
    +12V:       +12.15 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max = +15.94 V)   
    fan1:       2397 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)
    fan2:          0 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)
    fan3:       3064 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)
    fan4:       2599 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)
    temp1:       +69.1°C  (low  = -127.0°C, high = +127.0°C)  
    M/B Temp:    +42.5°C  (low  = -127.0°C, high = +127.0°C)  
    temp3:       +46.6°C  (low  = -127.0°C, high = +127.0°C)  
    cpu0_vid:   +1.388 V
    What YOURS displays will show you what you can or cannot detect sensor-wise. If you have trouble figuring out which of these sensors is the one you are looking for, look up what sensors you do or do not have in the HWMON folder. (This is located in /sys/class/hwmon now that I've looked it up on my own system.) They'll go by different names than you're used to, but you'll be able to see what sensors you have. It may well be, and yes this is something they did when they changed over to 11.04, that THAT sensor is no longer available to you. But, between sensors and HWMON, you can find and run any sensor you've got in Conky.
    Last edited by 42dorian; May 29th, 2012 at 11:45 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Thanks 42dorian!
    I just decided to delete xubuntu for now. I didn't like how finicky it was. If I used Compiz as Windows manager,
    I got the cube but, the top of all of the windows I could not minimize, ALT+TAB etc. Then when I selected another
    manager there was no cube but, the windows were good.
    I ran sensors-detect and everything looked good. Even the output of sensors looked the same as it does on Lucid, which works well.

I will say that one time when a kernel got installed, I think this was back on Karmic, several of the temperature folders just became missing.
    Similar to what I just had on precise.
    Then the next kernel came along and fixed it.
    I like Lucid Lynx and hate to see support end next year.
    I'll wait until 12.04.1 is released on July 26th and give it another try.
    Thanks!

Beans

Thanks 42dorian!
    I just decided to delete xubuntu for now. I didn't like how finicky it was. If I used Compiz as Windows manager,
    I got the cube but, the top of all of the windows I could not minimize, ALT+TAB etc. Then when I selected another
    manager there was no cube but, the windows were good.
    I ran sensors-detect and everything looked good. Even the output of sensors looked the same as it does on Lucid, which works well.

I will say that one time when a kernel got installed, I think this was back on Karmic, several of the temperature folders just became missing.
    Similar to what I just had on precise.
    Then the next kernel came along and fixed it.
    I like Lucid Lynx and hate to see support end next year.
    I'll wait until 12.04.1 is released on July 26th and give it another try.
    Thanks!
    Those aren't Xubuntu issues. They're UBUNTU Issues. All of the 12.04 family, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, and even Edubuntu, have the problem you describe. The REASON Compiz behaves differently on Xubuntu is it is fighting Xubuntu's native compositor. Activate or deactivate it using Xubuntu Menu > Settings > Settings Manager > Window Manager Tweaks > Compositor Tab. If you choose to turn off Compositor, you'll have to be running Compiz, CCSM, and the Compiz Window Manager. You'll have to use THEIRS if you want to disable XFCE4's native ones. If you disable Compositor in XFCE4, but want Compiz to take over the role, you'll have to shut off xfwm4 and xfdesktop to allow Compiz to run it's own Window manager and Desktop. Otherwise you get the missing window managers, and even some crashing as the two window managers battle it out for resources.

As for Sensors, any sensor you need can be just a grep/awk/sed call away if it shows up in the sensors display. It gets around the normal Conky calls. You just have to have some patience. I prefer to walk you along the process rather than dump everything on you. That way you learn to do it yourself rather than have to come back every time something acts different, or gets upgraded.

Methinks you gave up to early

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Those aren't Xubuntu issues. They're UBUNTU Issues. All of the 12.04 family, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, and even Edubuntu, have the problem you describe. The REASON Compiz behaves differently on Xubuntu is it is fighting Xubuntu's native compositor. Activate or deactivate it using Xubuntu Menu > Settings > Settings Manager > Window Manager Tweaks > Compositor Tab. If you choose to turn off Compositor, you'll have to be running Compiz, CCSM, and the Compiz Window Manager. You'll have to use THEIRS if you want to disable XFCE4's native ones. If you disable Compositor in XFCE4, but want Compiz to take over the role, you'll have to shut off xfwm4 and xfdesktop to allow Compiz to run it's own Window manager and Desktop. Otherwise you get the missing window managers, and even some crashing as the two window managers battle it out for resources.

As for Sensors, any sensor you need can be just a grep/awk/sed call away if it shows up in the sensors display. It gets around the normal Conky calls. You just have to have some patience. I prefer to walk you along the process rather than dump everything on you. That way you learn to do it yourself rather than have to come back every time something acts different, or gets upgraded.

Methinks you gave up to early
    The folders were not there. One was but, the other 3 were missing. I just did a clean install with just Ubuntu 12.04 and Unity.
    Trying to get it setup now. I know what you mean but, I hated Xubuntu and it was just on a temporary partition as this one is.
    Still holding onto Lucid as long as I can .
    Thanks for the help! I will probably be asking more questions but, only after I have used up my ability to research on my own.
    I do appreciate the help most definitely!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by cavsfan View Post
    i do appreciate the help most definitely!
    +1
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I get the same thing, Here is the output of sensors:
    Code:
    cavsfan@cavsfan-MS-7529:~$ sensors
    coretemp-isa-0000
    Adapter: ISA adapter
    Core 0:       +40.0°C  (high = +76.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
    Core 1:       +40.0°C  (high = +76.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
    Core 2:       +39.0°C  (high = +76.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
    Core 3:       +39.0°C  (high = +76.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)

f71882fg-isa-0a00
    Adapter: ISA adapter
    +3.3V:        +3.36 V  
    in1:          +1.12 V  (max =  +2.04 V)
    in2:          +0.92 V  
    in3:          +0.76 V  
    in4:          +0.98 V  
    in5:          +1.11 V  
    in6:          +0.91 V  
    3VSB:         +3.36 V  
    Vbat:         +3.31 V  
    fan1:        2400 RPM
    fan2:        2255 RPM
    fan3:        2793 RPM
    fan4:           0 RPM  ALARM
    temp1:        +32.0°C  (high = +85.0°C, hyst = +81.0°C)
                           (crit = +100.0°C, hyst = +96.0°C)  sensor = transistor
    temp2:        +35.0°C  (high = +85.0°C, hyst = +81.0°C)
                           (crit = +95.0°C, hyst = +91.0°C)  sensor = thermistor
    temp3:        +32.0°C  (high = +70.0°C, hyst = +68.0°C)
                           (crit = +85.0°C, hyst = +83.0°C)  sensor = transistor
    I've looked in /sys/bus/platform/devices/ and there is only coretemp.0 just as before.
    I looked in /sys/class/hwmon/ and all there is is 2 folders hwmon0 and hwmon1.
    There is a lot of stuff in those 2 folders but, I don't know what to do with them.
    I also do not get how these files equate to this in conky:
    Code:
    CPU Core 1 Temp: $alignr${platform coretemp.0 temp 1}°F
    CPU Core 2 Temp: $alignr${platform coretemp.1 temp 1}°F
    CPU Core 3 Temp: $alignr${platform coretemp.2 temp 1}°F
    CPU Core 4 Temp: $alignr${platform coretemp.3 temp 1}°F
    If I could understand how it gets the temp from the file maybe I would be able to figure this out.
    Luckily the 4 core temps are the only thing that is missing.
    Thankfully the wallpaper from my login isn't bleeding through to my desktop but, I have just left the wallpaper default for now.
    Here is what it looks like:

Oh and here is the entire conky:
    Code:
    alignment top_right
    background no
    border_width 0
    cpu_avg_samples 2
    default_color white
    default_outline_color black
    default_shade_color black
    double_buffer yes
    draw_borders no
    draw_graph_borders yes
    draw_outline no
    draw_shades yes
    use_xft yes
    xftfont terminus:size=10
    gap_x 10
    gap_y 50
    #maximum_width 320
    maximum_width 400
    minimum_size 300 100
    net_avg_samples 2
    no_buffers yes
    out_to_console no
    out_to_stderr no
    extra_newline no
    own_window yes
    own_window_class Conky
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_type override
    stippled_borders 0
    update_interval 1.0
    uppercase no
    use_spacer none
    show_graph_scale no
    show_graph_range no
    text_buffer_size 5120
    temperature_unit        fahrenheit
    TEXT
    ${font Terminus:style=bold:size=10}SYSTEM $hr
    ${font}$sysname $kernel $alignr $machine
    #Host: $alignr $nodename
    CPU Core 1 Temp: $alignr${platform coretemp.0 temp 1}°F
    CPU Core 2 Temp: $alignr${platform coretemp.1 temp 1}°F
    CPU Core 3 Temp: $alignr${platform coretemp.2 temp 1}°F
    CPU Core 4 Temp: $alignr${platform coretemp.3 temp 1}°F
    ${font Terminus:style=bold:size=10}nVidia GPU $hr
    ${font Terminus:size=10}GPU Temperature   : $alignr$color${execi 10 nvidia-settings -q GPUCoreTemp | awk '{if (NR==2) {print ($4*9)/5+32}}'} °F
    #CPU Fan Speed $alignr${hwmon 1 fan 1} RPM
    #${font Terminus:size=10}GPU Fan Speed       :  $alignr$color${execi 10 nvidia-smi -a | grep Fan} %
    #${font Terminus:size=10}GPU Fan Speed       : $alignr$color${execi 10 nvidia-settings -q GPUCoreTemp} %
    ${font Terminus:size=10}GPU Driver Version : $alignr$color${execi 10 nvidia-settings -t -q NvidiaDriverVersion}
    #${color}GPU Mem: $alignr${color} ${execpi 10 nvidia-settings -q VideoRam | grep  "Attr" | cut -c38-43}Bytes

${color white}${font Terminus:style=bold:size=10}PROCESSORS $hr
    ${font Terminus:size=10}CPU1: ${cpu cpu1}% ${cpubar cpu1}
    CPU2: ${cpu cpu2}% ${cpubar cpu2}
    CPU3: ${cpu cpu3}% ${cpubar cpu3}
    CPU4: ${cpu cpu4}% ${cpubar cpu4}

${color pink}${font Terminus:style=bold:size=10}MEMORY 
    ${font}RAM ${alignc}     $mem/$memmax  $alignr $memperc%
    ${membar}${color orange}
    ${font Terminus:bold:size=10}${color Tan1}DISKS ${color orange}${hr 2}
    $font${color orange}/ $alignc ${fs_used /} / ${fs_size /} $alignr ${fs_free_perc /}%
    ${fs_bar /}
    /HD $alignc ${fs_used /media/1CFC7A8DFC7A60C6} / ${fs_size /media/1CFC7A8DFC7A60C6} $alignr ${fs_free_perc /media/1CFC7A8DFC7A60C6}%
    ${fs_bar /media/1CFC7A8DFC7A60C6}
    /Fantom $alignc ${fs_used /media/Fantom} / ${fs_size /media/Fantom} $alignr ${fs_free_perc /media/Fantom}%
    ${fs_bar /media/Fantom}
    ${color green}${font Terminus:style=bold:size=10}TOP PROCESSES $hr
    ${top name 1}$alignr${top cpu 1}%
    ${top name 2}$alignr${top cpu 2}%
    ${top name 3}$alignr${top cpu 3}%
    ${top name 4}$alignr${top cpu 4}%

${color yellow}NETWORK $hr
    #External IP: $alignr ${execi 3600 wget -O - http://whatismyip.org/ | tail}
    D/L: ${downspeed eth0}/s $alignr ${totaldown eth0}
    U/L: ${upspeed eth0}/s $alignr ${totalup eth0}

#${execpi 1800 conkyForecast -l USFL0447 --imperial --errorlog=/tmp/conky_forecast.log --template=/home/cavsfan/weather.template --infologfile=/home/cavsfan/cfInfo.log --errorlogfile=/home/cavsfan/cfError.log}
    ${color white}${font Terminus:style=bold:size=10}${time %I:%M%p}${alignr}${time %a %b/%d/%y}
    The Weather used to be at the bottom until Weather dot com cancelled all of us that were using that method.
    That will be next after I get the CPU temperatures.
    Thanks for your help!
    I would never be able to figure this stuff out on my own that's for sure!
    Last edited by Cavsfan; May 30th, 2012 at 11:17 PM. Reason: added the entire conky

Page 1993 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 993149318931943198319911992199319941995200320432093 ... LastLast