Page 1921 of 2328 FirstFirst ... 921142118211871191119191920192119221923193119712021 ... LastLast
Results 19,201 to 19,210 of 23275

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

minimum_size variable above the TEXT section. Reduce the first number until it opens up that space enough for the second conky.

As per mrpeachy's comment, I wasn't aware it was "Any" LUA function. I thought some of them caused errors that wouldn't allow Conky to run. Though... I'm suspicious there. I'll have to test it out before I say anything.

*Edit* Yeah, screw it. Just load the third lua function using the ${lua} object. You're probably just going to have to put:

Code:
    ${lua bar_graph}
    at the end of your Conky, and:

Code:
    lua_load /path/to/your/spectrum/analyser/script
    above your TEXT section. Just drop the second Conky window all together and see how it does. In your Spectrum Analyser script, you're probably going to want to change the position settings so it actually shows up where you want it in Conky. But, I leave that to you.
    Last edited by 42dorian; February 9th, 2012 at 10:27 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

as long as the function is:
    Code:
    function conky_something
    you can run as many as you want
    (because conky puts "conky_" infront of the function name you call using ${lua} as stated in the description)

you could have a single script with multiple conky_something functions (as long as the somethings are different for each one) load it up above text and call each individual function separately using ${lua function_name}

i do it all the time

and you can pass settings to the lua function from the conkyrc too

Beans

Updated new'ish files. The spectrum is at the very bottom. I intentionally offset it(half in, half out). I'm not sure how to do what 42Dorian was suggesting.
    (using Rhythmbox, a little volume seems to 'activate' the spectrum)

MyConkyLatest.zip

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mrpeachy View Post
    as long as the function is:
    Code:
    function conky_something
    you can run as many as you want
    (because conky puts "conky_" infront of the function name you call using ${lua} as stated in the description)

you could have a single script with multiple conky_something functions (as long as the somethings are different for each one) load it up above text and call each individual function separately using ${lua function_name}

i do it all the time

and you can pass settings to the lua function from the conkyrc too
    Yeah, NOW. Was a time I remember when I tried to do that with the calendar function and it didn't work at all. I moved on with Conky, arranged things differently, and left it for a long time. I knew about the pre and post functions, and never came back to that LUA object ever again until now.

I swear, it didn't work the last time I tried it. It just spat out errors and Conky wouldn't load. Tried it just as I was posting that and it worked this time. I honestly thought, ever since the original attempt, that it only worked on certain types of functions. I knew wlorf got it running, and I remembered that much. After that? Nothin'... just blank. Never needed it again. I'm glad YOU clarified, mrpeachy. I was kinda lost there.

While we're at it then, what happened to that clock script of yours? The one with the dials that made it look like an old school flip-digit clock?
    Last edited by 42dorian; February 10th, 2012 at 01:53 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by davesbrain View Post
    Updated new'ish files. The spectrum is at the very bottom. I intentionally offset it(half in, half out). I'm not sure how to do what 42Dorian was suggesting.
    (using Rhythmbox, a little volume seems to 'activate' the spectrum)

MyConkyLatest.zip
    You don't have to zip everything y'know. You can just post the code in code tags here. It does make things easier to read. Just a screenshot and some code tags.

Beans

OK I guess I was doing that so everything was included. You're right, now that were talking about a specific area I can just code tag that portion.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by davesbrain View Post
    OK I guess I was doing that so everything was included. You're right, now that were talking about a specific area I can just code tag that portion.
    Yeah. You didn't do anything wrong. You still conveyed your code to everyone. It's just easier for anyone who tries to help you to just copy the code you have and change it in the browser here. It's also easier for you because you can see their changes to the code and your code side by side.

Plus, a screenshot and displaying your code is... well... it just looks better, y'know? You're showing off a little bit. Have some pride in your work. Maybe someone will like your code, as displayed in your screenshot, and it might help them get hooked on Conky from copying it.

If you're worried about how much code you have for all of this, don't be. Many of us have a lot more code and take up a lot more in a message than you do.

Beans

No prob. But the whole enchilada is like 30 pages/files.
    "A lightweight system monitor" went out the window a long time ago.

Beans

I love your config! But I'm kind of a noob to conky... When I run the file it shows conky, but the console reads: "sh: sensors: not found". Do I have to download some sensor monitor software? I would very much appreciate your help.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by castillobg View Post
    I love your config! But I'm kind of a noob to conky... When I run the file it shows conky, but the console reads: "sh: sensors: not found". Do I have to download some sensor monitor software? I would very much appreciate your help.
    lmsensors. It's in the repositories. I don't use them myself, so someone else will have to step in with instructions on using it.

Page 1921 of 2328 FirstFirst ... 921142118211871191119191920192119221923193119712021 ... LastLast