Page 1899 of 2343 FirstFirst ... 899139917991849188918971898189919001901190919491999 ... LastLast
Results 18,981 to 18,990 of 23425

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

  1. #18981
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by |Anthony| View Post
    As a side note... Can anyone help figure out why my conky time and conky net randomly, and often, get misplaced? I would prefer if i could set alignment top_right and set gap_x 50 gap_y some_number so that they are placed on the border irrespective of screen resolution. That, of course, isn't working :/
    It depends what are you talking about, since "they are misplaced" are not telling too much about.

    Only thing i could think of is resolution differences.
    At 1920x1080 resolution, gap 50x200 with tr alignment gives you 200px width and 400px height conky at top right corner. But with 640x480 resolution it will start at the screen center and end at bottom center / right corner.
    It's what the math tells you.


    So either it's explanation for your problem or elaborate more.
    Linux Debian Sid (Minted) x86_64/3.12.10, Conky 2.0_pre, Xorg 7.7/1.15.0, KDE 4.11.5, Lenovo T61, Intel X3100, HITACHI HTS722010K9SA00 100GB, WDC_WD5000BEVT 500GB
    Linux user No.: 483055 | My Conky Pitstop corner | One4All project

  2. #18982
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Under a rock
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by richardandrews View Post
    Please could somebody help me out with getting Dec and Nov to Output on my conky correctly, I was using grep "'" which works after I reset the counter in vnstat but, with more than one month it goes wrong, this is my output from vnstat -m:

    hso0 / monthly

    month rx | tx | total
    -------------------------+-------------+------------
    Oct '11 1.28 GiB | 126.83 MiB | 1.40 GiB
    Nov '11 1.27 GiB | 199.99 MiB | 1.47 GiB
    Dec '11 325.82 MiB | 32.46 MiB | 358.28 MiB
    -------------------------+-------------+------------
    estimated 1.71 GiB | 171 MiB | 1.87 GiB

    and this is the relevant part of conkyrc:

    Code:
    ${font DejaVu Serif:bold:size=10}Month${goto 100}${color 62C5DF}Down${goto 160}${color 2E5FC4}~${color 682DF4}${goto 180}Up${color 2E5FC4}${color BC2937}${alignr} Total
    ${color 2E5FC4}${hr 2}${goto 83}|${goto 163}|${goto 236}|
    ${color 2E5FC4}${goto 25}${execi 300 vnstat -m| grep "'"  | awk '{print$1}'}${color 62C5DF}${goto 100}${execi 300 vnstat -m| grep "'" | awk '{print$3}'}${color 682DF4} ${goto 160}${color 2E5FC4}~${color 682DF4}${goto 180}${execi 300 vnstat -m| grep "'"  | awk '{print$6}'}${color BC2937}${alignr}${execi 300 vnstat -m| grep "'"  | awk '{print$9$10}'}
    The following picture is what I end up with.
    Thanks in advance.
    Richard
    try this
    Code:
    ${execpi 300 vnstat -m | grep "'"  | awk '{print$1 "${color 62C5DF}${goto 100}" $3 "${color 682DF4}${goto 160}${color 2E5FC4}~${color 682DF4}${goto 180}" $6 "${color BC2937}${alignr}" $9$10}'}

  3. #18983
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Blackpool UK
    Beans
    14
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by mrpeachy View Post
    try this
    Code:
    ${execpi 300 vnstat -m | grep "'"  | awk '{print$1 "${color 62C5DF}${goto 100}" $3 "${color 682DF4}${goto 160}${color 2E5FC4}~${color 682DF4}${goto 180}" $6 "${color BC2937}${alignr}" $9$10}'}
    Thank you, exactly what i was looking for! Your a legend!!! Just one thing, I didn't alter the code but for some reason I'm getting an error message in the terminal that I haven' t noticed before: Conky: can't parse X color 'B', the usage stats seems to stop after the upload total for nov. Can't understand why, the picture shows what I mean, any idea why?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #18984
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Under a rock
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by richardandrews View Post
    Thank you, exactly what i was looking for! Your a legend!!! Just one thing, I didn't alter the code but for some reason I'm getting an error message in the terminal that I haven' t noticed before: Conky: can't parse X color 'B', the usage stats seems to stop after the upload total for nov. Can't understand why, the picture shows what I mean, any idea why?
    one thing to try is setting text buffer size high above TEXT
    Code:
    text_buffer_size 100000

  5. #18985
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Blackpool UK
    Beans
    14
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by mrpeachy View Post
    try this
    Code:
    ${execpi 300 vnstat -m | grep "'"  | awk '{print$1 "${color 62C5DF}${goto 100}" $3 "${color 682DF4}${goto 160}${color 2E5FC4}~${color 682DF4}${goto 180}" $6 "${color BC2937}${alignr}" $9$10}'}
    Cheers mrpeachy,got it now,its looking good, I just got a (slight) issue with where to add the blue colour code
    Code:
    ${color 2E5FC4}
    to make Oct,Nov and Dec the same. I have tried, but so far no luck.

  6. #18986
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Under a rock
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by richardandrews View Post
    Cheers mrpeachy,got it now,its looking good, I just got a (slight) issue with where to add the blue colour code
    Code:
    ${color 2E5FC4}
    to make Oct,Nov and Dec the same. I have tried, but so far no luck.
    put it into the awk output like this
    Code:
    awk '{print "${color 2E5FC4}" $1 "${color 62C5DF}${goto 100}" $3 "${color 682DF4}${goto 160}${color 2E5FC4}~${color 682DF4}${goto 180}" $6 "${color BC2937}${alignr}" $9$10}'
    Last edited by mrpeachy; December 21st, 2011 at 09:05 PM.

  7. #18987
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Beans
    6

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Does anyone have a conky config that uses the built in 'weather' and 'weather_forecast' parameters? All example i find all use the conkyforecast script.

  8. #18988
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Beans
    24

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by dk75 View Post
    It depends what are you talking about, since "they are misplaced" are not telling too much about.
    When i say misplaced, i mean that sometimes they show up in the expected location (as set by alignment tr gap_x 50 gap_y 50), and some times they show up in the top left, or top middle locations. It is random, and weird... i did fiddle with the alignment options and modified the gap's accordingly. now i have a *fairly* consistent success rate. they start where they are supposed to 4 / 5 times. idk... its weird and annoying, but maybe that's the price of customizing your desktop look... less stability :/

  9. #18989
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Blackpool UK
    Beans
    14
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Thumbs up Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by mrpeachy View Post
    put it into the awk output like this
    Code:
    awk '{print "${color 2E5FC4}" $1 "${color 62C5DF}${goto 100}" $3 "${color 682DF4}${goto 160}${color 2E5FC4}~${color 682DF4}${goto 180}" $6 "${color BC2937}${alignr}" $9$10}'
    Got it,thanks mrpeachy, you have helped me out a lot, you have improved my conky by far,I can't even call it my conky any-more, I appreciate it.

    A big thanks to Sector11 as well for the "slight tweaking" of the code and all the tips!!!!
    Thanks lads!!!!!!!!!!

  10. #18990
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Thurgoona, NSW, Australia
    Beans
    259
    Distro
    Xubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonfriend0013 View Post
    Does anyone have a conky config that uses the built in 'weather' and 'weather_forecast' parameters? All example i find all use the conkyforecast script.
    This thread will have the info and people to assist.

Page 1899 of 2343 FirstFirst ... 899139917991849188918971898189919001901190919491999 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •