Page 1798 of 2327 FirstFirst ... 7981298169817481788179617971798179918001808184818982298 ... LastLast
Results 17,971 to 17,980 of 23263

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by layr View Post
    Any tips how to get top CPU clients aligned to right (would like to solve it without using offset)

Code:
    ##################################
    ##         TOP PROCESSES        ##
    ##################################
    ${voffset 8}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color4}TOP PROCESSES${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${font DroidSans:size=9}${color3}${offset 12}CPU usage${alignr}CPU%
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}h${voffset -3}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${color3}${offset 5}${top name 1}${alignr}${top cpu 1}      
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}h${voffset -3}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${color3}${offset 5}${top name 2}${alignr}${top cpu 2}      
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}h${voffset -3}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${color3}${offset 5}${top name 3}${alignr}${top cpu 3}      

${font DroidSans:size=9}${color3}${offset 12}Memory usage${alignr}MEM%
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}h${voffset -3}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${color3}${offset 5}${top_mem name 1}${alignr}${top_mem mem 1}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}h${voffset -3}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${color3}${offset 5}${top_mem name 2}${alignr}${top_mem mem 2}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}h${voffset -3}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${color3}${offset 5}${top_mem name 3}${alignr}${top_mem mem 3}
    i dont think there is a way to get the names list right aligned when other things are coming afterwards, i assume the process names are your first column

but ive been proved wrong before

i have seen it done using 2 conkyrc's...
    the first one on the left would have just the column of process names right aligned, then the second one on the right matched up so it appears as if the process info table is all one setup

this could also be achieved in lua of course... but that is a different story

you would think that ${alignr x} should do it... but positioning is affected by everything that comes further to the right like so

i think in particular the third line down makes no sense!
    Last edited by mrpeachy; June 4th, 2011 at 04:48 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mrpeachy View Post
    i dont think there is a way to get the names list right aligned when other things are coming afterwards, i assume the process names are your first column

but ive been proved wrong before

i have seen it done using 2 conkyrc's...
    the first one on the left would have just the column of process names right aligned, then the second one on the right matched up so it appears as if the process info table is all one setup

this could also be achieved in lua of course... but that is a different story

you would think that ${alignr x} should do it... but positioning is affected by everything that comes further to the right like so

i think in particular the third line down makes no sense!
    You can always have a line come under something, then voofset by a negative number to put it where you want it, then use a goto or alignr command. Look at my weather for example..

The Fridays Forecast are actually under the Weather Icon, but I am using a combination of negative voffsets, alignrs and gotos.

Code:
    ## WEATHER ###############################################################################################
    ${goto 65}${font GpuTeks:style=Bold}${color gold}WEATHER${font} ${hr 2}${color white}${font :size=4}

${goto 80}${font ConkyWeather:size=64}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=38683 --datatype=WF}${font Ubuntu:size=20}${voffset -54}${alignr} ${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=38683 --startday=0 --datatype=DW}'s${font size=12}
    ${font Ubuntu:size=12}${alignr}Forecast${font :size=3}

${font Weather:size=24}${goto 230}z${font Unbuntu:size=19}${alignr}${voffset -2}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=38683 --datatype=HT -i}${font :size=4}

#${goto 72}${font Ubuntu:size=8}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=USTN0325 --startday=0 --datatype=HT -i} / ${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=38683 --startday=0 --datatype=LT -i}
    ${goto 72}${font Ubuntu:size=8}Feels Like: ${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=38683 --datatype=LT -i}${alignr}Humidity: ${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=38683 --datatype=HM}
    ${goto 72}Conditions: ${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=38683 --datatype=CC}${alignr}Visibility: ${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=38683 --datatype=VI -i}
    ${goto 72}Winds: ${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=38683 --datatype=WD} @ ${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=38683 --datatype=WS -i}${alignr}Dew Point: ${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=38683 --datatype=DP -i}
    ${goto 72}Barometer: ${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=38683 --datatype=BR -i} & ${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=38683 --datatype=BD}${alignr}UV Index: ${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=38683 --datatype=UI}${font :size=4}

${goto 72}${font Ubuntu:size=12}Extended Forecast:
    ${goto 80}${font ConkyWeather:size=36}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --startday=1 --endday=4 --spaces=1 --location=38683 --datatype=WF}${font}
    ${goto 92}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=38683 --startday=1 --centeredwidth=3 --datatype=DW}${goto 152}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=38683 --startday=2 --centeredwidth=3 --datatype=DW}${goto 212}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=38683 --startday=3 --centeredwidth=3 --datatype=DW}${goto 271}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=38683 --startday=4 --centeredwidth=3 --datatype=DW}### THIS IS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO CENTER UP WEEKDAY NAMES WITHOUT USING A FIXED WIDTH FONT ###  

${goto 70}H:${goto 88}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=38683 --startday=1 --centeredwidth=5 --datatype=HT -i}${goto 148}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=38683 --startday=2 --centeredwidth=5 --datatype=HT -i}${goto 208}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=38683 --startday=3 --centeredwidth=5 --datatype=HT -i}${goto 268}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=38683 --startday=4 --centeredwidth=5 --datatype=HT -i}
    ${goto 72}L:${goto 88}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=38683 --startday=1 --centeredwidth=5 --datatype=LT -i}${goto 148}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=38683 --startday=2 --centeredwidth=5 --datatype=LT -i}${goto 208}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=38683 --startday=3 --centeredwidth=5 --datatype=LT -i}${goto 268}${execi 3600 conkyForecast --location=38683 --startday=4 --centeredwidth=5 --datatype=LT -i}
    ############################################################################################################
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bandit; June 4th, 2011 at 05:19 AM.
    Mac Mini: OSX 10.9 Mavericks, i7-3720QM 2.6Ghz, 16GB RAM, 1.25TB Fusion Array, Intel HD4000 iGPU
    Photo Blog on Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/ExodistPhotoBlog
    Linux User: 380654

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    You can always have a line come under something, then voofset by a negative number to put it where you want it, then use a goto or alignr command. Look at my weather for example..
    that is a good idea...

setup the first colum of process names using the ${alignr x} command
    then below that setup the rest of the columns and -voffset them upwards

edit
    unfortunately the process names are not cooperating

im guessing that conky adds spacing onto the end of process names, making them all the same length in order to make the setting
    top_name_width
    able to work
    Last edited by mrpeachy; June 4th, 2011 at 05:56 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mrpeachy View Post
    that is a good idea...

setup the first colum of process names using the ${alignr x} command
    then below that setup the rest of the columns and -voffset them upwards

edit
    unfortunately the process names are not cooperating

im guessing that conky adds spacing onto the end of process names, making them all the same length in order to make the setting
    top_name_width
    able to work
    I would remove the {alignr 210} and just use a goto 210. But if you want it indented to the left still I think you have to specify "use_spacer right" left or none before your text section. But it doesnt always work.

Edit: btw for anyone doing this to align multiple items up. Even tho they look like most is on the same line, they technically are not and text can overlap each other. But I think you can still limit the output text length to prohibit this.
    Last edited by Bandit; June 4th, 2011 at 06:44 AM.
    Mac Mini: OSX 10.9 Mavericks, i7-3720QM 2.6Ghz, 16GB RAM, 1.25TB Fusion Array, Intel HD4000 iGPU

Beans
    Hidden!

I would remove the {alignr 210} and just use a goto 210. But if you want it indented to the left still I think you have to specify "use_spacer right" left or none before your text section. But it doesnt always work.

Edit: btw for anyone doing this to align multiple items up. Even tho they look like most is on the same line, they technically are not and text can overlap each other. But I think you can still limit the output text length to prohibit this.
    what i wanted was the process names right aligned
    like in this screenshot

i did this with lua
    its a bit clunky but in the conkyrc i have this

Code:
    lua_load ~/lua/text.lua
    #lua_draw_hook_pre draw_text
    TEXT
    ${top_mem time 1}
    ${lua conky_draw_text process;name mono 12 normal 0xffffff 1 right 100 285}${lua conky_draw_text cpu;% mono 12 normal 0xffffff 1 left 110 285}
    ${lua conky_draw_text ${top;name;1} mono 12 normal 0xffffff 1 right 100 300}${lua conky_draw_text ${top;cpu;1} mono 12 normal 0xffffff 1 left 110 300}${lua conky_draw_text ${top_mem;time;1} mono 12 normal 0xffffff 1 right 250 300}
    ${lua conky_draw_text ${top;name;2} mono 12 normal 0xffffff 1 right 100 315}${lua conky_draw_text ${top;cpu;2} mono 12 normal 0xffffff 1 left 110 315}
    ${lua conky_draw_text ${top;name;3} mono 12 normal 0xffffff 1 right 100 330}${lua conky_draw_text ${top;cpu;3} mono 12 normal 0xffffff 1 left 110 330}
    ${lua conky_draw_text ${top;name;4} mono 12 normal 0xffffff 1 right 100 345}${lua conky_draw_text ${top;cpu;4} mono 12 normal 0xffffff 1 left 110 345}
    ${lua conky_draw_text ${top;name;5} mono 12 normal 0xffffff 1 right 100 360}${lua conky_draw_text ${top;cpu;5} mono 12 normal 0xffffff 1 left 110 360}
    ${lua conky_draw_text ${top;name;6} mono 12 normal 0xffffff 1 right 100 375}${lua conky_draw_text ${top;cpu;6} mono 12 normal 0xffffff 1 left 110 375}
    the lines in the conkyrc are giving the variables to the lua script
    here is the script
    Code:
    require 'cairo'

function conky_draw_text(string, font, fsize, face, color, alpha, alignment, x, y)
    if conky_window == nil then return end
    local cs = cairo_xlib_surface_create(conky_window.display, conky_window.drawable, conky_window.visual, conky_window.width, conky_window.height)
    cr = cairo_create(cs)
    local updates=tonumber(conky_parse('${updates}'))
    if updates>5 then
    --#########################################################################################################
    --#########################################################################################################
    local function rgb_to_r_g_b(colour,alpha)
    return ((colour / 0x10000) % 0x100) / 255., ((colour / 0x100) % 0x100) / 255., (colour % 0x100) / 255.,alpha
    end

local textmatch=string.match(string,"${")
    if textmatch=="${" then
    addspace=string.gsub(string,";"," ")
    text=conky_parse(tostring(addspace))
    else
    addspace=string.gsub(string,";"," ")
    text=addspace
    end
    if tonumber(text)~=nil then
    text=tonumber(text)
        if string.len(text)==1 then
        add=".00"
        elseif string.len(text)==3 then
        add="0"
        else
        add=""
        end
    text=tostring(text) .. add
    end

local face=tostring(face)
    if face=="normal" then
    cairo_select_font_face (cr, font, CAIRO_FONT_SLANT_NORMAL, CAIRO_FONT_WEIGHT_NORMAL)
    elseif face=="bold" then
    cairo_select_font_face (cr, font, CAIRO_FONT_SLANT_NORMAL, CAIRO_FONT_WEIGHT_BOLD)
    end
    text=tostring(text)
    cairo_set_font_size (cr, fsize)
    local extents=cairo_text_extents_t:create()
    cairo_text_extents(cr,text,extents)
    local width=extents.width
    local height=extents.height
    local alpha=tonumber(alpha)
    cairo_set_source_rgba (cr,rgb_to_r_g_b(color,alpha))

if alignment=="left" then
    cairo_move_to (cr,x,y)
    elseif alignment=="center" then
    cairo_move_to (cr,x-(width/2),y)
    elseif alignment=="right" then
    cairo_move_to (cr,x-(width),y)
    end
    cairo_show_text (cr,text)
    cairo_stroke (cr)
    end-- if updates>5
    cairo_destroy(cr)
    cairo_surface_destroy(cs)
    cr=nil
    return""
    end-- end main function
    no editing of the lua needed
    it can recognise conky objects and displays their output, or if it isnt a conky object just displays the text

one of the drawbacks is that a space is a delimiter for the variables in this method
    that is why there are ; in place of spaces in the lines (i figured no one uses semi colons anyway)

the other drawback is that you have to specify a y value, as there is no way for the lua script to know where you are line wise in the conkyrc
    this could make things tricky to move around, a lot of number editing... but maybe i could come up with something to make that easier...
    see if i can make lua recognise a string containing a calculation, perform the calculation and return the result...

${lua conky_draw_text string font font_size font_face color alpha alignment x_position y_position}

string can be plain text, using ; in place of spaces or a conky object (again with ; instead of space)
    font_face can be bold or normal
    alignment can be left, center or right

so if you specify an x_position of 100 and an alignment of left, all text starts at 100
    alignment center, the text is centered at 100, right, the text all ends at 100

needs some work (there are a lot of conky objects to compensate for), but could be useful
    Last edited by mrpeachy; June 4th, 2011 at 08:14 AM.

Beans

I see what your saying.

Got a question you may be able to answer. Using the image background option built into conky, leave it slow to redraw. Based on your interval timing.
    If I use LUA/Cario to draw my conky backgrounds instead. Will this transition faster? Basicly heres the skinny. I am looking into using a full speed HD webcam setup to draw my background image in real time. I can tell that when Conky draws the background through a translucent window it really isnt translucent, thus you can see icons behind my left one for example. I need something that can run integrated into the desktop in realtime with as little cpu usage as possible. Much like terminal can now with a movie playing behind it.

I notice you use Cario with LUA and didnt know if Cario workes like that or not.

Beans
    Hidden!

I see what your saying.

Got a question you may be able to answer. Using the image background option built into conky, leave it slow to redraw. Based on your interval timing.
    If I use LUA/Cario to draw my conky backgrounds instead. Will this transition faster? Basicly heres the skinny. I am looking into using a full speed HD webcam setup to draw my background image in real time. I can tell that when Conky draws the background through a translucent window it really isnt translucent, thus you can see icons behind my left one for example. I need something that can run integrated into the desktop in realtime with as little cpu usage as possible. Much like terminal can now with a movie playing behind it.

I notice you use Cario with LUA and didnt know if Cario workes like that or not.
    when you run a lua script through conky, it isnt persistent
    the script is run every conky cycle
    so if your conkyrc is set to 1 second intervals the lua script and all the display elements created by cairo graphics will be executed every second

you can give the conky window real transparency by putting

own_window_argb_visual yes

assuming you have own_window_yes
    it doesnt work for me with own_window_type override, only normal
    so it is possible to have something behind conky on your desktop and see it

hope that helps

i dont have a lot of technical knowledge im afraid, all i know about cairo is that i use it to draw pretty shapes
    Last edited by mrpeachy; June 4th, 2011 at 08:11 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I've been having a small issue with my conky ever since I installed Xubuntu 11.04. For some reason, it's not displaying my external IP address. I've had this conky for quite some time and have never really had issues with it until recently. It's a fairly simple one so it's not much to look through and so far, I'm not finding anything wrong with it...

Code:
    # CONKY

# Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)
    own_window yes
    own_window_type override
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager

# Use double buffering (reduces flicker, may not work for everyone)
    double_buffer yes

# fiddle with window
    use_spacer yes
    use_xft yes
    xftfont Dejavu Sans Mono:size=9

# Update interval in seconds
    update_interval 1.0

# Minimum size of text area
    minimum_size 300 5
    maximum_width 300

# Draw shades?
    draw_shades no

# Text stuff
    draw_outline no # amplifies text if yes
    draw_borders no
    # font arial
    uppercase no # set to yes if you want all text to be in uppercase

# Stippled borders?
    stippled_borders 3

# border margins
    border_margin 9

# border width
    border_width 10

# Default colors and also border colors, grey90 == #e5e5e5
    default_color white

own_window_colour brown
    own_window_transparent yes

# Text alignment, other possible values are commented
    #alignment top_left
    alignment top_right
    #alignment bottom_left
    #alignment bottom_right

# Gap between borders of screen and text
    gap_x 10
    gap_y 10

lua_load /home/zer0/.draw_bg.lua
    lua_draw_hook_pre draw_bg

# stuff after 'TEXT' will be formatted on screen

TEXT
    $color
    ${color 97979C}SYSTEM ${hr 2}$color
    Xubuntu GNU/Linux - Natty Narwhal-11.04
    $nodename $sysname $kernel on $machine
    Uptime: ${uptime}

${color 97979C}CPU ${hr 2}$color
    ${execi 1000 cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep 'model name' | sed -e 's/model name.*: //'}
    ${freq}MHz Load: ${loadavg} 
    $cpu % $cpubar
    ${cpugraph}
    NAME              PID    CPU%   MEM%
    ${top name 1} ${top pid 1} ${top cpu 1} ${top mem 1}
    ${top name 2} ${top pid 2} ${top cpu 2} ${top mem 2}
    ${top name 3} ${top pid 3} ${top cpu 3} ${top mem 3}
    ${top name 4} ${top pid 4} ${top cpu 4} ${top mem 4}

${color 97979C}MEMORY ${hr 2}$color
    Used:    $mem of $memmax
    RAM: $memperc% ${membar 6}$color
    Swap: $swapperc% ${swapbar 6}$color

${color 97979C}DISKS ${hr 2}$color
    /: Used ${fs_used /} of ${fs_size /} ${alignr}${fs_free_perc /}%
    ${fs_bar 6 /}$color

/home: Used ${fs_used /home} of ${fs_size /home} ${alignr}${fs_free_perc /home}%
    ${fs_bar 6 /home/zer0}

${color 97979C}NETWORK ${hr 2}$color
    EXTERNAL IP: ${execi 3600 wget -O - http://www.whatismyip.com/automation/n09230945.asp}
    LAN IP: (${addr eth0})
    Down: $color${downspeed eth0} kb/s ${alignr}Up: ${upspeed eth0} kb/s
    ${downspeedgraph eth0 25,140} ${alignr}${upspeedgraph eth0
    25,140}$color
    Total: ${totaldown eth0} ${alignr}Total: ${totalup eth0}
    Inbound: ${tcp_portmon 1 32767 count} Outbound: ${tcp_portmon 32768
    61000 count}${alignr}Total: ${tcp_portmon 1 65535 count}
    Attached Images Attached Images
    HP Pavilion dv6, Core i3-3110M, 6GB RAM, nVIDIA Geforce GT 650M, 640GB HDD: Win10 / Haven't-decided-untu 16.04 64bit

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by zer010 View Post
    I've been having a small issue with my conky ever since I installed Xubuntu 11.04. For some reason, it's not displaying my external IP address.
    It's the server end causing issue I think

Code:
    ~]$ wget -O - http://www.whatismyip.com/automation/n09230945.asp
    --2011-06-04 11:17:22--  http://www.whatismyip.com/automation/n09230945.asp
    Resolving www.whatismyip.com... 72.233.89.200, 72.233.89.197, 72.233.89.198, ...
    Connecting to www.whatismyip.com|72.233.89.200|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
    2011-06-04 11:17:23 ERROR 403: Forbidden.
    Try using an alternative URL to get the public IP address, updating the offending line in your conkyrc to this should sort it:

Code:
    EXTERNAL IP: ${pre_exec wget -qO- whatismyip.org}
    Note I changed the execi to be pre_exec so this would then only execute when conky first runs rather than every so often, I am assuming that once conky is running (on login?) you will not have your IP address changing (if at all) until you've atleast logged out and logged in at some point later?

Details for pre_exec from the conky docs are:

Code:
    pre_exec
    Executes a shell command one time before conky displays anything and puts output as text.
    Cheers
    Last edited by kaivalagi; June 4th, 2011 at 11:28 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by XsheepX View Post

There's my conky with lua rings :3
    Can you post the config to this setup please? The simple two rings is exactly what I'm after.
    "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most " -- Ozzy Osbourne

Page 1798 of 2327 FirstFirst ... 7981298169817481788179617971798179918001808184818982298 ... LastLast