Page 1750 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 7501250165017001740174817491750175117521760180018502250 ... LastLast
Results 17,491 to 17,500 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans

Lightbulb Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by landwell View Post
    No problem.

Please post the working code;
    I edited it into my previous post, (#17464)

Quote Originally Posted by landwell View Post
    I think if you are going to use:

Code:

own_window_type desktop
    with lua scripts for transparency and no xfce composite manager then you do not need:

Code:

own_window_argb_visual yes
    own_window_argb_value <value>
    If you want to use the xfce composite manager in the future, then enable the conky argb and drop the call to the lua scripts - basically choose one or the other.
    What I meant to say was that before, I was turning compositing off and on again to get Conky to look correct, but now, I don't need to do that.
    So to summarize, I am using XFCE compositing, Conky is set to "desktop", and adding "own_window_argb_visual yes" but not "own_window_argb_value <value>" fixed my Conky backgrounds, but it seems to still be using the .lua backgrounds. (I changed the name of the .lua_bg file, just to see what would happen, and the backgrounds completely disappeared.)
    Last edited by phredbull; May 9th, 2011 at 05:16 PM.
    HP Compaq Evo N610c, P4M 2.8gHz, 768mb, ATI Radeon m7500
    Mint XFCE, Mint Isadora Fluxbox, #! Statler/CompizWM, Mint Katya, Windows XP

Beans

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

I checked roughly twenty scripts of different users and they all had the scripts the same way. I changed and it works . Thanks.

Do you see any other possible problems in the script?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by rusty_jones View Post
    I checked roughly twenty scripts of different users and they all had the scripts the same way. I changed and it works . Thanks.

Do you see any other possible problems in the script?
    See my completed post: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...ostcount=17490

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by phredbull View Post
    I edited it into my previous post, (#17464)

What I meant to say was that before, I was turning compositing off and on again to get Conky to look correct, but now, I don't need to do that.
    So to summarize, I am using XFCE compositing, Conky is set to "desktop", and adding "own_window_argb_visual yes" but not "own_window_argb_value <value>" fixed my Conky backgrounds, but it seems to still be using the .lua backgrounds. (I changed the name of the .lua_bg file, just to see what would happen, and the backgrounds completely disappeared.)
    own_window_argb_visual
    Boolean, use ARGB visual? ARGB can be used for real transparency, note that a composite manager is required for real transparency. This option will not work as desired (in most cases) in conjunction with 'own_window_type override'.

own_window_argb_value
    When ARGB visuals are enabled, this use this to modify the alpha value used. Valid range is 0-255, where 0 is 0% opacity, and 255 is 100% opacity.
    If you are using xfce composite manager, then I would suggest both:

Code:
    own_window_argb_visual yes
    own_window_argb_value 150 ## 0 = black* | 255 = transparent
    black* can be any colour but the default is black

NOTE: British spelling for this one command:
    own_window_colour
    If own_window_transparent no, set a specified background colour (defaults to black). Takes either a hex value (e.g. ffffff, note the lack of '#') or a valid RGB name (see /usr/lib/X11/rgb.txt)
    Last edited by Sector11; May 9th, 2011 at 05:40 PM.

Beans

Code:
    stanley@Silver-flake ~ $ conky --version
    Conky 1.8.0 compiled Fri Apr 23 10:42:08 UTC 2010 for Linux 2.6.24-27-server (x86_64)

Compiled in features:

System config file: /etc/conky/conky.conf
    Package library path: /usr/lib/conky

X11:
      * Xdamage extension
      * XDBE (double buffer extension)
      * Xft
      * ARGB visual

Music detection:
      * MPD
      * MOC

General:
      * math
      * hddtemp
      * portmon
      * Curl
      * RSS
      * Weather (METAR)
      * Weather (XOAP)
      * wireless
      * support for IBM/Lenovo notebooks
      * nvidia
      * eve-online
      * config-output
      * Imlib2
      * ALSA mixer support
      * apcupsd
      * iostats
      * ncurses
      * Lua

Lua bindings:
       * Cairo
       * Imlib2
    stanley@Silver-flake ~ $ conkyForecast --version
    conkyForecast v.2.20
    stanley@Silver-flake ~ $ conkyForecast --verbose
    *** INITIAL OPTIONS:
        config: ~/.conkyForecast.config
        datatype: HT
        start day: None
        end day: None
        spaces: 1
        template: None
        locale: None
        imperial: False
        beaufort: False
        metrespersecond: False
        night: False
        shortweekday: False
        hideunits: False
        hidedegreesymbol: False
        minuteshide: None
        centeredwidth: None
        refetch: False
        verbose: True
        errorlogfile: None
        infologfile: None

.conkyforecast.config

*** CONFIG OPTIONS:
        CACHE_FOLDERPATH: /tmp/
        CONNECTION_TIMEOUT: 10
        EXPIRY_MINUTES: 30
        TIME_FORMAT: %l:%M%p
        DATE_FORMAT: %d %b %Y
        LOCALE: en
        XOAP_PARTNER_ID:
        XOAP_LICENCE_KEY: 
        DEFAULT_LOCATION: 
        MAXIMUM_DAYS_FORECAST: 7
        BASE_XOAP_URL: http://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/<LOCATION>?cc=*&dayf=5&link=xoap&prod=xoap&par=<XOAP_PARTNER_ID>&key=<XOAP_LICENCE_KEY>&unit=m
    INFO: Locale set to en
    INFO: Not using a proxy as none is defined
    INFO: Loading cache file /tmp/.conkyForecast-////////.cache
    20°C

I hope I got everything
    Last edited by rusty_jones; May 9th, 2011 at 06:03 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Abdus View Post
    Started using conky not even a week ago. I love it, couldn't live without it anymore.
    Get's to ya huh!

It's a nice conky, I like it.

Weather - well, some people (me) are interested in weather, and not so much music - at least on my computer, I have a stereo/radio to my right and a TV to my left - one of them is usually on.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdus View Post
    To fetch the e-mails I use someone's gmail.pl script downloaded from the web, slightly modified. I was told by perl coders that the coding of this script is ancient and extremely bad (even laughable), but the script still works for its purpose.
    That's perfect, if it works, who cares if it's a day old or ancient, which could be a month with computer stuff.

Beans
    Hidden!

I hope I got everything
    Missing one:
    Code:
    ~/.conkyForecast.config
    hide your ID, KEY and location code since you did that in the last post with /////////

How is the rest now?

If you are still having "weather problems" post your conky file, and template if you use one, I don't need the LUA if that is working now.

Beans

I marked conkyforecast.config in red in the previous post

# set to yes if you want Conky to be forked in the background
    background yes
    use_xft yes
    xftfont HandelGotD:size=9
    xftalpha 0.5
    update_interval 1.5
    total_run_times 0
    own_window yes
    own_window_type override
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
    double_buffer yes
    minimum_size 200 5
    maximum_width 250
    draw_shades no
    draw_outline no
    draw_borders no
    draw_graph_borders yes
    text_buffer_size 384
    total_run_times 0
    imlib_cache_size 0
    out_to_ncurses no
    out_to_console no
    minimum_size 240 0
    short_units yes
    pad_percents 0
    top_name_width 10
    default_color grey
    default_shade_color red
    default_outline_color grey
    alignment top_right
    gap_x 6
    gap_y 31
    no_buffers yes
    uppercase no
    cpu_avg_samples 2
    override_utf8_locale yes
    net_avg_samples 2
    use_spacer right
    color4 #77a44a
    color8 #d3d3d3
    color0 White #FFFFFF
    color1 Ivory #FFFFF0
    color2 Ivory2 #EEEEE0
    color3 Ivory3 #CDCDC1
    color5 Tan2 #EE9A49
    color6 Gray #7E7E7E
    color7 AntiqueWhite4 #8B8378
    color9 Black #000000
    lua_load /home/stanley/bargraph_small.lua
    lua_draw_hook_post main_bars

TEXT

##################################
    ## TIME ##
    ${voffset -6}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color5}TIME${offset 8}${color3}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset -4}${font RadioSpace:size=30}${color3}${if_match ${time %l}<=9}${alignc 7}${time %l:%M:%S %p}${else}${if_match ${time %l}>=10}${alignc -1}${time %l:%M:%S %p}${endif}${endif}${font}
    ${offset 5}${color5}Sunrise${offset 5}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d SR}${color3}${offset 12}|${offset 12}${color5}Sunset${offset 5}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d SS}
    ## SYSTEM ##
    ${voffset 20}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color5}SYSTEM${offset 8}${color3}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font OpenLogos:size=10}${color2}u${voffset -4}${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 5}${sysname}${offset 5}${kernel}${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.45}${machine}${font}
    ${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}A${font Sans:size=9}${color3}${voffset -2} Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU${font Sans:size=8}${alignr}${freq_g cpu1} GHz
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}q${voffset -1}${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 5}System${offset 3}Uptime${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.4}${uptime_short}${font}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}o${voffset -1}${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 5}File${offset 3}System${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.5}${fs_type}${font}
    ## PROCESSORS ##
    ${voffset 6}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color5}PROCESSORS${offset 8}${color3}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=9.9}${color2}k${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.39}${color3}${offset 2}CPU1${offset 5}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${cpu cpu1}%${font}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=9.9}${color2}k${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.39}${color3}${offset 2}CPU2${offset 5}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${cpu cpu2}%${font}
    ## MEMORY ##
    ${voffset 6}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color5}MEMORY${offset 8}${color3}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}l${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.3}${color3}${offset 3}RAM${goto 97}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${mem}${goto 133}/${offset 5}${memmax}${alignr}${memperc}%${font}
    ## HDD ##
    ${voffset 16}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color5}HDD${offset 8}${color3}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 5}${font StyleBats:size=9.9}${color2}x${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.3}${color3}${offset 4}ROOT${goto 95}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${fs_used /}${goto 133}/${offset 5}${fs_size /}${alignr}${fs_free_perc /}%${font}
    ${voffset 15}${font StyleBats:size=9.9}${color2}x${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.3}${color3}${offset 4}HOME${goto 95}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${fs_used /home}${goto 133}/${offset 5}${fs_size /home}${alignr}${fs_free_perc /home}%${font}
    ${voffset 15}${font StyleBats:size=9.9}${color2}4${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.3}${color3}${offset 4}SWAP${goto 95}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${swap}${goto 133}/${offset 5}${swapmax}${alignr}${swapperc}%${font}
    ## TOP PROCESSES ##
    ${voffset 16}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color5}TOP PROCESSES${offset 8}${color3}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font DroidSans:size=8.75}${color3}${offset 5}${top_mem name 1}${goto 120}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${top_mem mem_res 1}${alignr}${top_mem mem 1}%${font}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font DroidSans:size=8.75}${color3}${offset 5}${top_mem name 2}${goto 120}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${top_mem mem_res 2}${alignr}${top_mem mem 2}%${font}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font DroidSans:size=8.75}${color3}${offset 5}${top_mem name 3}${goto 120}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${top_mem mem_res 3}${alignr}${top_mem mem 3}%${font}
    ${voffset 2}${if_running rhythmbox}${voffset -16}${else}${if_running banshee}${voffset -16}${else}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font DroidSans:size=8.75}${color3}${offset 5}${top_mem name 4}${goto 120}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${top_mem mem_res 4}${alignr}${top_mem mem 4}%${font}
    ## NETWORK ##
    ${voffset 6}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color5}NETWORK${offset 8}${color3}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}a${font DroidSans:size=8.5}${color3}${offset 5}Private${offset 3}IP${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${addr wlan0}${font}
    ${voffset 0}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}a${font DroidSans:size=8.5}${color3}${offset 5}Public${offset 7}IP${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${execi 1800 wget -q -O - checkip.dyndns.org | sed -e 's/[^[:digit:]\|.]//g'}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}T${font DroidSans:size=8.5}${color3}${offset 5}Down${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${downspeed eth0}${font}
    ${voffset 0}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}N${font DroidSans:size=8.5}${color3}${offset 5}Up${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${upspeed eth0}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}T${font DroidSans:size=8.5}${color3}${offset 5}Downloaded${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${totaldown eth0}${font}
    ${voffset 0}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}N${font DroidSans:size=8.5}${color3}${offset 5}Uploaded${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${totalup eth0}${font}
    ${voffset 1}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=8.75}${color5}${voffse t 10}${font LiberationMono:size=8}${color3}${alignc 60}${font}
    ## Date ##
    ${voffset -24}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color5}DATE${offset 8}${color3}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 26}${font DroidSansMono:size=7.55}${color3}${alignc 60}${time %A}${font}
    ${voffset -3}${if_match ${time %e}<=9}${font LiberationMono:size=22}${color5}${alignc 70}${time %e}${font}${else}${if_match ${time %e}>=10}${font LiberationMono:size=22}${color5}${alignc 60}${time %e}${font}${endif}${endif}
    ${voffset -1}${font LiberationMono:size=8}${color3}${alignc 60}${time %B}${font}${voffset -3}${font LiberationMono:size=8}${color3}${alignc 60}${time %Y}${font}
    ${voffset -82}${font LiberationMono:size=8}${color3}${execpi 1800 VinDSL_Cal_8= cal | sed '1d' | sed s/^/"\$\{offset 107"\}/ | sed '/^ *$/d' | sed 's/\<'"$(date +%-d)"'\>/${color5}&${color3}/'}${font}
    ${voffset -90}${font CutOutsFor3DFX:size=64}${color3}${alignc 99}2${font}
    ## WEATHER ##
    ${voffset 20}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color5}Weather${offset 8}${color3}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset -3}${alignr 66}${font ConkyWeather:style=Bold:size=40}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d WF}${font}
    ${voffset -75}${font Weather:size=40}${font} ${voffset -1}${font Arial Black:size=26}${execi 1800 conkyForecast d HT --imperial}${font}
    ${alignc 63}${execpi 1800 conkyForecast -d DW --imperial --startday=1 --shortweekday}${alignc 28}${execpi 1800 conkyForecast -d DW --imperial --startday=2 --shortweekday}${alignc -7}${execpi 1800 conkyForecast -d DW --startday=3 --shortweekday}${alignc -42}${execpi 1800 conkyForecast -d DW --startday=4 --shortweekday}${alignc -77}${execpi 1800 conkyForecast -d DW --startday=5 --shortweekday}${alignc -120}${execpi 1800 conkyForecast -d DW --startday=5 --shortweekday}
    ${alignc 95}${font ConkyWeather:size=28}${execpi 1800 conkyForecast -d WF --startday=1 --endday=4 --spaces=1}${font}
    ${font DejaVu Sans:size=7}${alignc 38}${execpi 1800 conkyForecast -d HT --imperial --startday=1 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3}/${execpi 1800 conkyForecast -d LT --imperial --startday=1 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3} ${alignc 12}${execpi 1800 conkyForecast -d HT --imperial --startday=2 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3}/${execpi 1800 conkyForecast -d LT --imperial --startday=2 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3} ${alignc -17}${execpi 1800 conkyForecast -d HT --imperial --startday=3 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3}/${execpi 1800 conkyForecast -d LT --imperial --startday=3 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3} ${alignc -46}${execpi 1800 conkyForecast -d HT --imperial --startday=4 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3}/${execpi 1800 conkyForecast -d LT --imperial --startday=4 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3}${font}${voffset 4}
    Last Updated: ${alignr} ${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d LU --hideunits -m 0 }
    Feels Like:${alignr}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d LT --imperial}
    Dew Point: ${alignr}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d DP --imperial}
    Current Condition:${alignr}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d CC --imperial}
    Chance of Precip: ${alignr}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d PC --startday=0 }
    Humidity: ${alignr}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d HM}
    Wind: ${alignr}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d WS --imperial} - ${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d WD}
    Pressure: ${alignr}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d BR --hideunits}
    Visibility: ${alignr}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d VI --imperial}
    Moon Phase:${alignr 8}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d MP} ${font MoonPhases:size=8}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d MF}${font}${hr 2}
    ## RHYTHMBOX ##
    ${voffset 10}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8.25}${color5}RHYTHMBOX${offse t 8}${color3}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${if_running rhythmbox}${voffset 21}${font DroidSans:bold:size=7.75}${color4}RHYTHMBOX${offse t 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${endif}${font}
    ${if_running rhythmbox}${voffset 10}${font DroidSans:size=8.25}${color3}${if_match "${execpi 2 expr length "`/usr/bin/rhythmbox-client --print-playing-format %tt | head -n 1`"}" >= "45"}${alignr}${scroll 38 4* ${execi 2 rhythmbox-client --print-playing-format %tt --no-start}}${font}${else}${alignc}${execi 2 rhythmbox-client --print-playing-format %tt --no-start}${endif}${endif}${font}
    Last edited by rusty_jones; May 9th, 2011 at 06:11 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

I marked conkyforecast.config in red in the previous post
    Only goes to show I am NOT perfect

When including "code" use the # in the menu above to put the code withing code blocks.

I don't see a single
    Code:
    --location=AAAA0000
    in your conky so according to your ~/.conkyForecast.config (older than the v2.20 config file)
    you should have:

.conkyforecast.config

Code:
    *** CONFIG OPTIONS:
        XOAP_PARTNER_ID:
        XOAP_LICENCE_KEY: 
        DEFAULT_LOCATION: 
        BASE_XOAP_URL: http://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/<LOCATION>?cc=*&dayf=5&link=xoap&prod=xoap&par=<XOAP_PARTNER_ID>&key=<XOAP_LICENCE_KEY>&unit=m
    look like this:

.conkyforecast.config

Code:
    *** CONFIG OPTIONS:
        XOAP_PARTNER_ID: YOUR-ID
        XOAP_LICENCE_KEY: YOUR-KEY
        DEFAULT_LOCATION: YOUR-LOCATION (4 letters-4numbers)
    Or upgrade your ~/.conkyForcast.config with the one you fine at:
    Code:
    /usr/share/conkyforecast/conkyForecast.config
    If you copy that over - be sure to BACKUP the one you have now.

Another thing: due to some posts I have seen recently some people think going from a 4 day (5 counting today) FREE weather setting to the 9 (10 counting today) PAID FOR SERVICE means you can simply change:

MAXIMUM_DAYS_FORECAST: from 4 to 7 or 9 and carry on changing the BASE_XOAP_URL: to the 10 day one. Yours is still the 5 day one:
    Code:
    http://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/<LOCATION>?cc=*&dayf=5&link=xoap&prod=xoap&par=<XOAP_PARTNER_ID>&key=<XOAP_LICENCE_KEY>&unit=m
    Unless things have changed at weather(dot)com that won't work - I may be wrong. Hopefully I am, will need testing by someone else.

Your conky works here with a couple of errors:

Code:
      14:35 ~
             $ conky -c ~/conky/rusty
    Conky: can't parse X color ''
    Conky: can't parse X color ''
    Conky: one or more $endif's are missing
    Conky: forked to background, pid is 9911

14:35 ~
             $
    Change:
    Code:
    to
    Code:
        MAXIMUM_DAYS_FORECAST: 4
    for the moment ... and I'll try to find the color and endif that is missing.

What is you screen res?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sector11; May 9th, 2011 at 06:45 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

@ rusty_jones
    i didn't say that you should go one way or another
    but i think the question i posed was valid
    and you answered it

@Abdus
    that's the kind of conky i personally like, jam packed with information
    nice

@ Sector11
    in all fairness... sometimes my lua scripts aren't all that well documented
    and just occasionally they have mistakes in them

Page 1750 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 7501250165017001740174817491750175117521760180018502250 ... LastLast