Page 1726 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 7261226162616761716172417251726172717281736177618262226 ... LastLast
Results 17,251 to 17,260 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by mert_da View Post
    I need help about my conky file...

I show the top memory's here :
    Code:
    TEXT
    ${color red}Highest MEMORY ${alignr} CPU% MEM%
    ${color green}${top_mem name 1}${alignr}${top_mem cpu 1}${top_mem mem 1}
    ${color white}${top_mem name 2}${alignr}${top_mem cpu 2}${top_mem mem 2}
    ${color green}${top_mem name 3}${alignr}${top_mem cpu 3}${top_mem mem 3}
    ${color white}${top_mem name 4}${alignr}${top_mem cpu 4}${top_mem mem 4}
    But i need to multiply the "top_mem mem 4" with "memmax" to see how much mb use for each process. But i don't know how to multiply two variables on my conkyrc file ...

Can someone please help me ?
    I'm with mrpeachy for the most part. You can't do that kind of operation in Conky. Where we depart is the fact that I go a little nuts when people don't use Code tags and curly braces. They're for your own good to use anyways.

As far as I know, how much physical memory you are using per process isn't available to you. However, mrpeachy is one of our lua Gurus around here, so if you ask him VERY nicely, he could probably coach you through the addition of lua to your script. Though, I'd like to see your entire script first, to see if that's a good idea for you or not. All I have is advice on this, unfortunately I don't have a definite solution.

Beans

Okay... This one is strange for me... for once I genuinely just wasn't paying attention the first time around...

Can you grep/awk/sed the conkyWeather script from within a conkyForecast template?

I just flat out don't know the answer this time...

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by 42dorian View Post
    Okay... This one is strange for me... for once I genuinely just wasn't paying attention the first time around...

Can you grep/awk/sed the conkyWeather script from within a conkyForecast template?

I just flat out don't know the answer this time...
    what exactly are you trying to do?
    post the line your trying to edit and what you want to get from it...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hi everyone, I was wondering where to get these extra fonts that are talked about on here, I have been looking but have not been able to find them. Thanks for your help everyone have been a great help on here.

Beans

@wildmanne39, Google. Just Google the font names that are in VinDSL's file to find them. Usually at dafont.com. Then the hunt is all yours. It takes too much to point a new user to every single font they have to download.

@mrpeachy, well, I've got this line in Conky:

Code:
    ${font TransponderAOE:bold}${execi 3600 conkyForecast -d WS | sed -e 's/calm'/' Calm/g' -e 's/kph'/' kph/g'}${goto 75}${execi 3600 conkyForecast -d WS -s 2 | sed -e 's/calm'/' Calm/g' -e 's/kph'/' kph/g'}${goto 135}${execi 3600 conkyForecast -d WS -s 3 | sed -e 's/calm'/' Calm/g' -e 's/kph'/' kph/g'}${goto 195}${execi 3600 conkyForecast -d WS -s 4 | sed -e 's/calm'/' Calm/g' -e 's/kph'/' kph/g'}${font}
    And I've been experimenting with turning my entire weather section into a template. I'm wondering if this line can be made into a conkyForecast template line. If not, it's gotta be left out of the template and called separately.

Which is somewhat moot. This is the template I've got right now, still being worked on.

Code:
    Now${goto 75}[--datatype=DW --shortweekday --startday 1]${goto 135}[--datatype=DW --shortweekday --startday 2]${goto 195}[--datatype=DW --shortweekday --startday 3]
    #-----High Temp:
    H:${font TransponderAOE:bold}[--datatype=HT --hideunits --hidedegreesymbol]°C${goto 75}[--datatype=HT --hideunits --hidedegreesymbol --startday 2]°C${goto 135}[--datatype=HT --hideunits --hidedegreesymbol --startday=4}°C${goto 195}[--datatype=HT --hideunits --hidedegreesymbol --startday=4]°C${font}
    #-----Low Temp:
    L:${font TransponderAOE:bold}[--datatype=LT --hideunits --hidedegreesymbol]°C${goto 75}[--datatype=LT --hideunits --hidedegreesymbol --startday=2]°C${goto 135}[--datatype=LT --hideunits --hidedegreesymbol --startday=4]°C${goto 195}[--datatype=L--datatype=LT --hideunits --hidedegreesymbol  --startday=T --hideunits --hidedegreesymbol --startday=4]°C${font}
    #-----Weather Conditions:
    ${color1}${font conkyWeather:size=30}[--datatype=WF]${goto 75}[--datatype=WF --startday=2]${goto 135}[--datatype=WF --startday=3]${goto 195}[--datatype=WF --startday=4]${color2}${font}
    ${goto 100}Night Values:#-----Night Values:High Temp
    ${voffset 25}${goto 5}H:${font TransponderAOE:bold}[--datatype=HT --hideunits --hidedegreesymbol --night]°C${goto 75}[--datatype=HT --hideunits --hidedegreesymbol  --startday=2 --night]°C${goto 135}[--datatype=HT --hideunits --hidedegreesymbol  --startday=3 --night]°C${goto 195}[--datatype=HT --hideunits --hidedegreesymbol  --startday=4 --night]°C${font}
    #-----Low Temp:Night
    L:${font TransponderAOE:bold}[--datatype=HT --hideunits --hidedegreesymbol  --night]°C${goto 75}[--datatype=LT --hideunits --hidedegreesymbol  --startday=2 --night]°C${goto 135}[--datatype=LT --hideunits --hidedegreesymbol  --startday=3 -n]°C${goto 195}[--datatype=LT --hideunits --hidedegreesymbol  --startday=4 --night]°C
    #-----Weather Conditions:Night 
    ${color1}${font conkyWeather:size=30}[--datatype=WF --night]${goto 75}[--datatype=WF --startday=2 --night]${goto 135}[--datatype=WF --startday=3 --night]${goto 195}[--datatype=WF --startday=4 --night]${color2}${font}
    #-----Wind Direction
    ${font ConkyWindNESW:size=40}[--datatype=BF]${goto 75}[--datatype=BF --startday=2]${goto 135}[--datatype=BF --startday=3]${goto 195}[--datatype=BF --startday=4]${font}
    #-----Sunrise/Sunset
    ${voffset -285}${goto 255}Nearest:${voffset -20}
    ${if_match ${time %H}<12}
    ${goto 255}Sunrise:
    ${goto 255}${color1}${font TransponderAOE:bold}[--datatype=SR]${font}${color2}
    ${goto 255}Sunset:
    ${goto 255}${color1}${font TransponderAOE:bold}[--datatype=SS]${font}${color2}
    ${else}
    ${goto 255}Sunset:
    ${goto 255}${color1}${font TransponderAOE:bold}[--datatype=SS]${font}${color2}
    ${goto 255}Sunrise:
    ${goto 255}${color1}${font TransponderAOE:bold}[--datatype=SR  --startday=2]${font}${color2}
    ${endif}${voffset -20}
    #-----Moon Phase
    ${goto 255}Moon 
    ${goto 255}Phase:
    ${voffset -40}${goto 310}${font MoonPhases:size=25}[--datatype=MF]${font}
    ${goto 255}[--datatype=MP]
    And when I actually put it in my Conky, all I get is text. No actual variables are showing up, just one giant text box.

So, that's where I am right now
    Last edited by 42dorian; April 29th, 2011 at 10:36 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

@42doian
    well Sector11 is the weather template expert
    take a look at his post on the crunchbang forum
    http://crunchbanglinux.org/forums/post/116548/#p116548

i see no reason why the sed calls etc wouldn't work
    it should be read by execpi and interpreted correctly

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hi, thank you for that information,I will look them up. I am going to post a script I am using for facebook notifications,It got the first to notifications in I first started the script a few days ago, but after that it will not get any more notifications, even when I reboot the computer it still gets the same ones after I cleared them on facebook. Do I need a separate config file for it like I do with the weather? If so I have no idea what it would look like. This may just be a problem with facebook if anyone knows I would greatly appreciate the help.

Code:
    #avoid flicker                                                
    double_buffer yes                                             

#own window to run simultanious 2 or more conkys
    own_window  yes                                 
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_type normal                          
    own_window_hints undecorate,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager,below

#borders
    draw_borders no
    border_margin 1

#shades
    draw_shades yes

#position
    gap_x 10
    gap_y 25
    alignment bottom_left

#behaviour
    update_interval 10

#colour
    default_color  ffffff
    default_shade_color 000000
    own_window_colour 555555
    default_outline_color 01040d
    draw_outline no

#font
    use_xft yes
    xftfont DejaVu Sans:pixelsize=10

#to prevent window from moving
    #use_spacer no               
    minimum_size  300 250
    #mpd
    mpd_host localhost
    mpd_port 6600     

# Possible variables to be used:
    #                               
    #      Variable         Arguments                  Description                
    #  acpiacadapter                     ACPI ac adapter state.                   
    #  acpifan                           ACPI fan state                           
    #  acpitemp                          ACPI temperature.                        
    #  adt746xcpu     
                       CPU temperature from therm_adt746x       
    #  adt746xfan                        Fan speed from therm_adt746x             
    #  battery           (num)           Remaining capasity in ACPI or APM        
    #                                    battery. ACPI battery number can be      
    #                                    given as argument (default is BAT0).     
    #  buffers                           Amount of memory buffered                
    #  cached                            Amount of memory cached                  
    #  color             (color)         Change drawing color to color            
    #  cpu                               CPU usage in percents                    
    #  cpubar            (height)        Bar that shows CPU usage, height is      
    #                                    bar's height in pixels                   
    #  downspeed         net             Download speed in kilobytes              
    #  downspeedf        net             Download speed in kilobytes with one     
    #                                    decimal                                  
    #  exec              shell command   Executes a shell command and displays    
    #                                    the output in torsmo. warning: this      
    #                                    takes a lot more resources than other    
    #                                    variables. I'd recommend coding wanted   
    #                                    behaviour in C and posting a patch :-).  
    #  execi             interval, shell Same as exec but with specific interval. 
    #                    command         Interval can't be less than              
    #                                    update_interval in configuration.        
    #  fs_bar            (height), (fs)  Bar that shows how much space is used on 
    #                                    a file system. height is the height in   
    #                                    pixels. fs is any file on that file      
    #                                    system.                                  
    #  fs_free           (fs)            Free space on a file system available    
    #                                    for users.                               
    #  fs_free_perc      (fs)            Free percentage of space on a file       
    #                                    system available for users.              
    #  fs_size           (fs)            File system size                         
    #  fs_used           (fs)            File system used space                   
    #  hr                (height)        Horizontal line, height is the height in 
    #                                    pixels                                   
    #  i2c               (dev), type, n  I2C sensor from sysfs (Linux 2.6). dev   
    #                                    may be omitted if you have only one I2C  
    #                                    device. type is either in (or vol)       
    #                                    meaning voltage, fan meaning fan or temp 
    #                                    meaning temperature. n is number of the  
    #                                    sensor. See /sys/bus/i2c/devices/ on     
    #                                    your local computer.                     
    #  kernel                            Kernel version                           
    #  loadavg           (1), (2), (3)   System load average, 1 is for past 1     
    #                                    minute, 2 for past 5 minutes and 3 for   
    #                                    past 15 minutes.                         
    #  machine                           Machine, i686 for example                
    #  mails                             Mail count in mail spool. You can use    
    #                                    program like fetchmail to get mails from 
    #                                    some server using your favourite         
    #                                    protocol. See also new_mails.            
    #  mem                               Amount of memory in use                  
    #  membar            (height)        Bar that shows amount of memory in use   
    #  memmax                            Total amount of memory                   
    #  memperc                           Percentage of memory in use              
    #  new_mails                         Unread mail count in mail spool.         
    #  nodename                          Hostname                                 
    #  outlinecolor      (color)         Change outline color                     
    #  pre_exec          shell command   Executes a shell command one time before 
    #                                    torsmo displays anything and puts output 
    #                                    as text.                                 
    #  processes                         Total processes (sleeping and running)   
    #  running_processes                 Running processes (not sleeping),        
    #                                    requires Linux 2.6                       
    #  shadecolor        (color)         Change shading color                     
    #  stippled_hr       (space),        Stippled (dashed) horizontal line        
    #                    (height)                                                 
    #  swapbar           (height)        Bar that shows amount of swap in use     
    #  swap                              Amount of swap in use                    
    #  swapmax                           Total amount of swap                     
    #  swapperc                          Percentage of swap in use                
    #  sysname                           System name, Linux for example           
    #  time              (format)        Local time, see man strftime to get more 
    #                                    information about format                 
    #  totaldown         net             Total download, overflows at 4 GB on     
    #                                    Linux with 32-bit arch and there doesn't 
    #                                    seem to be a way to know how many times  
    #                                    it has already done that before torsmo   
    #                                    has started.                             
    #  totalup           net             Total upload, this one too, may overflow 
    #  updates                           Number of updates (for debugging)        
    #  upspeed           net             Upload speed in kilobytes                
    #  upspeedf          net             Upload speed in kilobytes with one       
    #                                    decimal                                  
    #  uptime                            Uptime                                   
    #  uptime_short                      Uptime in a shorter format               
    #                                                                             
    #  seti_prog                         Seti@home current progress               
    #  seti_progbar      (height)        Seti@home current progress bar
    #  seti_credit                       Seti@hoome total user credit

# variable is given either in format $variable or in ${variable}. Latter
    # allows characters right after the variable and must be used in network
    # stuff because of an argument
    #${font Dungeon:style=Bold:pixelsize=10}I can change the font as well
    #${font Verdana:size=10}as many times as I choose
    #${font Perry:size=10}Including UTF-8,
    #${font Luxi Mono:size=10}justo como este texto que o google traduz fêz o português
    # stuff after 'TEXT' will be formatted on screen
    #${font Grunge:size=12}${time %a  %b  %d}${alignr -25}${time %k:%M}
    #$alignc center text
    text_buffer_size 6076

TEXT
    ${offset -5}${Color lime green}${font StyleBats:style=CleanCut:size=12}q ${voffset -2}${font Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:style=Bold:size=11}FaceBook Notifications${font}  ${hr}${color1}

${rss http://www.facebook.com/feeds/notifications.php?id=censored&viewer=censored&key=censored&format=rss20 1 item_titles 10}

${offset -5}${Color lime green}${font StyleBats:style=CleanCut:size=12}q ${voffset -2}${font Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:style=Bold:size=11}Photos${font}  ${hr}${color1}

Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version Name: Screenshot-3.jpg Views: 92 Size: 64.5 KB ID: 189510   Click image for larger version Name: Screenshot-7.jpg Views: 74 Size: 22.2 KB ID: 189517   Click image for larger version Name: Screenshot-5.jpg Views: 93 Size: 53.6 KB ID: 189519

Beans

[QUOTE=42dorian;10708329]Okay. I cleaned up your code a bit. ALWAYS use the curly braces ({}) for your variables. It makes it readable by human beings like yourself.

So, that should help. Curly braces around your variables, don't keep excess data in your Conky itself (if you need notes, keep them in another file, or I have a pile of links you can bookmark for yourself.) and run your conky setup in your user directory, not as root.

Kia Ora

Thanks a heap guys,.. I guess I need to go read up a bit on mpd,.. it wasn't installed,. after typing mpd in terminal
    it just hangs and there no feedback at all not even the prompt returning

got those bookmarks BTW thank for them too

I thinking I maybe missing another progy if I get these two lines right?

Conky: can't open '/proc/acpi/thermal_zone/2/temperature': No such file or directory
    Conky: can't open '/proc/acpi/thermal_zone/1/temperature': No such file or directory

and the temp is CPU is 0C - MD is 0 C too
    Last edited by Kiwi-Hawk; April 30th, 2011 at 04:58 AM.

Beans

Okay, anyone expecting me to jump in to help is wasting their breath the next few days. I'm currently running the upgrade to the Xubuntu flavour of Narwhal, and I'm taking a few days off from the Conky world after this.

So, other help sources will have to be found.

P.S. Good luck all upgraders using Conky. The Conky Sensors is getting reports that it won't work in Natty anymore. So, a lot of you with HDD, CPU, RAM, and FAN thermal and speed sensors may well find yourselves without data on them anymore. Just a head's up. It may be time to find something else to display in your Conky setups.

P.P.S. @wildmanne39, I've never trusted the RSS object, or RSS feeds in general. So, quite frankly, if your Facebook script isn't working, you may want to get rid of it and go with something else. Looks like a lot of old stuff that once worked in Conky may not work anymore. And, yes, I'm taking this time to step out of line of fire. No way am I jumping on that grenade around here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hi, thank you for your reply and enjoy your time away from the forum.

Page 1726 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 7261226162616761716172417251726172717281736177618262226 ... LastLast