Page 1715 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 7151215161516651705171317141715171617171725176518152215 ... LastLast
Results 17,141 to 17,150 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by djyoung4 View Post
    no problem. let me know if you do anything interesting with it. I'm tryin to write a script using that which will put the connected network in green and the "open" networks in red. just having problems getting iwlist to run in a script
    Hmmmmm..... I've been looking at it for a while today and I glued some pieces together from other scripts I've ever wrote... and now I'm amazed by how ugly this has become: (kind of a bash-frankenstein monster)

Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    num=`exec sudo iwlist wlan0 scan | grep -c "Cell"`
    list=`exec sudo iwlist wlan0 scan`
    for (( i=1; i<=$num; i++ ))
    do
    	if [ "$i" -lt "10" ]
    	then
    		ogr='0'$i
    	else
    		ogr=''$i
    	fi

if [ "$[i+1]" -lt "10" ]
    	then
    		bgr='0'$[i+1]
    	else
    		bgr=''$[i+1]
    	fi
    	line=`exec echo $list | sed "s/^.*Cell $ogr - //g;s/Cell $bgr - .*//"`
    	ssid=`exec echo $line | sed "s/^.*ESSID:\"//g;s/\" Protocol.*//"`
    	mode=`exec echo $line | sed "s/^.*Mode://g;s/ Channel.*//"`
    	if [ "$mode" == "Master" ]
    	then
    		mod2='M'
    	elif [ "$mode" == "Managed" ]
    	then
    		mod2='m'
    	else
    		mod2='A'
    	fi

if [ "`exec echo $line | sed "s/^.*Encryption key://g;s/ Bit Rates:.*//"`" == "on" ]
    	then
    		sec2='s'
    	else
    		sec2=' '
    	fi

qual=`exec echo $line | sed "s/^.*Quality=//g;s/\/100 Signal.*//"`
    	echo $mod2 $sec2 $qual"%" $ssid
    done
    exit
    I hope you'll be able to take off (again) with this...
    El Belgicano
    -----------------
    Laptop: 5 years old Asus M6N (ATI9600/9700 graphics, 512Mb RAM, Intel Mobile 1.66GHz, 60Gb HDD) running 10.04-Lucid Lynx pretty nicely.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by elendilnl View Post
    Thanks for the link dj.
    I read the article but my... it's way over my head
    Until there comes an easier method, I'll stick to conky on workspace 1 or on all 4 of them
    It's alright. My solution in that post is for Compiz, not for standard workstations. There's actually a simple way to do it using the standard desktop system. There's a group of objects in Conky called ${desktop},${desktop_name}, and ${desktop_number} that you can use. This actually simplifies everything very quickly. The Conky can exist on all 4 desktops, and you just have to tell it to have no content when it's on a desktop that you don't want it shown. One Conky, 4 different desktops, 4 different configurations. Or, as many or as few as you wish.

Then it becomes an if_match structure, plain and simple.

Code:
    ${if_match ${desktop(/_name/_number)}=1}
    <Insert All Code You Wish On Desktop 1, As You Want It.>
    ${else}${if_match ${desktop(/_name/_number)}=2}
    <Insert All Code You Wish On Desktop 2, As You Want It, If you don't want anything, leave this empty.>
    ${else}${if_match ${desktop(/_name/_number)}=3}
    <Insert All Code You Wish On Desktop 3, As You Want It, If you don't want anything, leave this empty.>
    ${else}${if_match ${desktop(/_name/_number)}=4}
    <Insert All Code You Wish On Desktop 4, As You Want It, If you don't want anything, leave this empty.>
    ${else}
    ${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}
    And you're done. One Conky, 4 configurations, 4 desktops. The ones you don't want shown are simply empty. The only reason the Compiz one is so complicated is due to the fact that Compiz doesn't have desktops, just one ultra wide, tiled desktop that it wraps around a 3D Cube or flips around. So, the if_match structure needs to grab a command line result and grep/awk/sed the hell out of it to get a number to compare it to. Not a problem for any other standard 2D window manager. They have desktops, and they can be measured by Conky with a definite variable.

*EDIT* Now that I have thought about it a bit, another option comes to mind. I don't know if Desktops are the same as X Window Displays or not in Conky, but there is a runtime switch that lets you put Conky on your desired X Window Display. If, and I do stress IF, Conky believes that your Desktop number is the same as your X Window Display Number, then you just change your launch script of choice to include:

Code:
    conky -X (Display#) -c ~/Path/To/Your/Script
    I know for certain that will put a specific conky on a specific MONITOR, but I don't know if that will also mean Desktops. Technically, it is a different animal, but perhaps Conky doesn't know better. I only have one display, and I only use one desktop, so I can't really test this myself. Might be an idea for you though!
    Last edited by 42dorian; April 19th, 2011 at 09:54 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by mugenfanatic View Post
    here's my conky setup, i'll have the script on later.. been up all night configuring it to my tasting
    I likey! A near-perfect laptop rendition.

I need to get snapping on my portable desktops...

Post the particulars, so we can beat it around.
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Ok heres what I got so far El_Belgicano. The if statement is most likely wrong for printing them in red but I think I got the structure right. any bash experts care to lend a helping hand
    nevermind that would be wrong with the if statement because then it would mean it would print color red whenever there was and encryption key: off
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash

#Version=0.1(20110419)
    #conkyESSID
    #A simple ESSID reader that will display in conky
    #In order to make this script work add this line: %admin ALL=(ALL)NOPASSWD:/sbin/iwlist to sudo visudo
    sudo iwlist eth1 scan | grep "ESSID" | sed s/ESSID://
    if sudo iwlist eth1 scan | grep "Ecryption key:off"
    then $print color red
    fi
    exit
    Last edited by djyoung4; April 19th, 2011 at 09:26 PM.
    I'm a super power user

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by 42dorian View Post
    It's alright. My solution in that post is for Compiz, not for standard workstations. There's actually a simple way to do it using the standard desktop system. There's a group of objects in Conky called ${desktop},${desktop_name}, and ${desktop_number} that you can use. This actually simplifies everything very quickly. The Conky can exist on all 4 desktops, and you just have to tell it to have no content when it's on a desktop that you don't want it shown. One Conky, 4 different desktops, 4 different configurations. Or, as many or as few as you wish.

Code:
    <Insert All Code You Wish On Desktop 2, As You Want It, If you don't want anything, leave this empty.>
    <Insert All Code You Wish On Desktop 3, As You Want It, If you don't want anything, leave this empty.>
    <Insert All Code You Wish On Desktop 4, As You Want It, If you don't want anything, leave this empty.>
    ${else}
    And you're done. One Conky, 4 configurations, 4 desktops. The ones you don't want shown are simply empty. The only reason the Compiz one is so complicated is due to the fact that Compiz doesn't have desktops, just one ultra wide, tiled desktop that it wraps around a 3D Cube or flips around. So, the if_match structure needs to grab a command line result and grep/awk/sed the hell out of it to get a number to compare it to. Not a problem for any other standard 2D window manager. They have desktops, and they can be measured by Conky with a definite variable.
    Hmmm.. only if I use
    TEXT
    ${desktop 3}
    my conky stuff

and start conky manually in desktop 3 it works.
    If I logout and login nothing happens (my conky normally starts automatically)
    Clearly I am doing something wrong
    I do appreciate your solution!

Beans
    Distro

Code:
    ${else}

*EDIT* Now that I have thought about it a bit, another option comes to mind. I don't know if Desktops are the same as X Window Displays or not in Conky, but there is a runtime switch that lets you put Conky on your desired X Window Display. If, and I do stress IF, Conky believes that your Desktop number is the same as your X Window Display Number, then you just change your launch script of choice to include:

Code:
    conky -X (Display#) -c ~/Path/To/Your/Script
    I know for certain that will put a specific conky on a specific MONITOR, but I don't know if that will also mean Desktops. Technically, it is a different animal, but perhaps Conky doesn't know better. I only have one display, and I only use one desktop, so I can't really test this myself. Might be an idea for you though!
    I tried the last solution dorian, but no, that does not work.

Beans

Hmmm.. only if I use
    TEXT
    ${desktop 3}
    my conky stuff

and start conky manually in desktop 3 it works.
    If I logout and login nothing happens (my conky normally starts automatically)
    Clearly I am doing something wrong
    I do appreciate your solution!
    Well, the if structure has some stuff in there that can be deleted. I just generalized. It's actually something to the effect of:

Code:
    ${if_match ${desktop}==1}
    ${else}${if_match ${desktop}==2}
    <Insert All Code You Wish On Desktop 2, As You Want It.>
    ${else}${if_match ${desktop}==3}
    <Insert All Code You Wish On Desktop 3, As You Want It.>
    ${else}${if_match ${desktop}==4}
    <Insert All Code You Wish On Desktop 4, As You Want It.>
    ${else}
    Or, if "Desktop" isn't recognized, then use ${desktop_number} instead. And if you've named your desktops, by chance, then use ${desktop_name} in it's place.

Sorry I didn't make that clearer. I went very general. If I can make this any easier on you, let me know.

*EDIT* I should be clear. The ENTIRE If_match statement goes BELOW TEXT. Your environment variables and setup are all going to remain the same. Whether or not something displays will change depending on the desktop it's on.
    Last edited by 42dorian; April 19th, 2011 at 10:41 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Well, the if structure has some stuff in there that can be deleted. I just generalized. It's actually something to the effect of:

Code:
    ${if_match ${desktop}==1}
    ${else}${if_match ${desktop}==2}
    <Insert All Code You Wish On Desktop 2, As You Want It.>
    ${else}${if_match ${desktop}==3}
    <Insert All Code You Wish On Desktop 3, As You Want It.>
    ${else}${if_match ${desktop}==4}
    <Insert All Code You Wish On Desktop 4, As You Want It.>
    ${else}
    Or, if "Desktop" isn't recognized, then use ${desktop_number} instead. And if you've named your desktops, by chance, then use ${desktop_name} in it's place.

Sorry I didn't make that clearer. I went very general. If I can make this any easier on you, let me know.
    Hehehe dorian, it's not your fault that I have my blonde moments. And... I'm not getting any younger

Beans

Hehehe dorian, it's not your fault that I have my blonde moments. And... I'm not getting any younger
    And, I believe, English isn't your first language like it is mine. If my memory serves me, you're from Northern Europe, The Netherlands according to your avatar, but you could be from Norway or Sweden too. I'm from Canada. I may have forgotten to be explicit in my phrasing for those who don't know substitutions or written editing techniques in the English language. I also might've used the wrong set of equal signs. Any number of things could be different. There's no blame or wrong having been done.

Hell, I don't even know if the if structure works at all. I don't have multiple desktops to test it on. You're, really, the first person to try this method as far as I know. There's no guarantee any of it will work. Though, I do suggest running it from a terminal instead of rebooting. At least while we're testing it out. That way, any errors will be easily reportable and I can troubleshoot a bit better.

Beans
    Hidden!

Hell, I don't even know if the if structure works at all. I don't have multiple desktops to test it on. You're, really, the first person to try this method as far as I know. There's no guarantee any of it will work. Though, I do suggest running it from a terminal instead of rebooting. At least while we're testing it out. That way, any errors will be easily reportable and I can troubleshoot a bit better.
    i see no reason why this shouldnt work

however, before you go and put 4 fully featured conkies to be run on each of your desktops, watch out for your cpu usage

im pretty sure that conky runs everything you put in the conkyrc, the if's only hide or show the results... not stop the code from being executed

ill see if i can confirm this...
    Last edited by mrpeachy; April 19th, 2011 at 11:18 PM.

Page 1715 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 7151215161516651705171317141715171617171725176518152215 ... LastLast