Page 1669 of 2327 FirstFirst ... 6691169156916191659166716681669167016711679171917692169 ... LastLast
Results 16,681 to 16,690 of 23265

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Stir the pot? What pot? mrpeachy and I disagree on something, it's not like we hate eachother. Hell, I'm not even mad! I just type a lot 'cause I type fast, and feel comfortable expressing my thoughts long-form.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpeachy View Post
    not at all
    you wouldn't post only a screenshot of a conky config then say... now go away and learn how to write the code so it looks like this!

or only post your conkyrc if the setup requires lua or bash scripts

posting an archive of fonts alongside a setup that is font intensive just seems sensible
    You don't even have to go that far. After all the work we've all had to do telling new users to get the fonts, if he zipped them into an archive it would, in fact, be the right way to do it. Nothing lazy about doing things right.

Tell you the truth, he's been asked to put them somewhere in a repository or archive several times for this same purpose. So many people want his setup that pointing everyone to an archive instead of Google or dafont.com is, in a lot of ways, the inverse of laziness. Just, in this case it's VinDSL being told not to be lazy instead of the end user. It'd still achieve the exact same goal. And, who knows? Perhaps he'll start a trend of some sort? When one of us does a data dump, we include the font names in our scripts, and attach an archive of them to the data dump for good measure? (Like my data dumps need to be any more extensive.)

...Wait... you don't think mrpeachy and I are mad at eachother, do you? 'cause... I gotta say... that's just not true It's not like we're starting a camp fire and singing kumbayah, but this is the Internet, you wouldn't be able to tell if we were anyways. It's all just text

Beans
    Hidden!

plus fonts are a sore point for me at the moment ... just a few days into a new ubuntu 10.10 installation on my newly built and shiny puter ive gone and screwed my fonts up
    Code:
    Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file
    i know what i did and it was all too easy a screw up ... but i cant find anything that can fix my particular problem... just got to reinstall i guess

i think a seperate conkyfonts directory will be one of the things i implement when i do the above, however...

not that i really post full conky configs any more

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by 42dorian View Post
    Stir the pot? What pot? mrpeachy and I disagree on something, it's not like we hate eachother. Hell, I'm not even mad! I just type a lot 'cause I type fast, and feel comfortable expressing my thoughts long-form.

You don't even have to go that far. After all the work we've all had to do telling new users to get the fonts, if he zipped them into an archive it would, in fact, be the right way to do it. Nothing lazy about doing things right.

Tell you the truth, he's been asked to put them somewhere in a repository or archive several times for this same purpose. So many people want his setup that pointing everyone to an archive instead of Google or dafont.com is, in a lot of ways, the inverse of laziness. Just, in this case it's VinDSL being told not to be lazy instead of the end user. It'd still achieve the exact same goal. And, who knows? Perhaps he'll start a trend of some sort? When one of us does a data dump, we include the font names in our scripts, and attach an archive of them to the data dump for good measure? (Like my data dumps need to be any more extensive.)

...Wait... you don't think mrpeachy and I are mad at eachother, do you? 'cause... I gotta say... that's just not true It's not like we're starting a camp fire and singing kumbayah, but this is the Internet, you wouldn't be able to tell if we were anyways. It's all just text

No I do not think you are mad at each other.

Just the smarta@@ in me taking control for a moment
    Eee Pc 1215N notebook-12in Screen-Ubnutu 12.10
    Dual core 1.8 Atom
    2 gig DDR3
    Nvidia Ion(Yes it works,even have HDMI out working)

Beans

Well, I'm in trouble anyways it seems. Had an error and had to re-install. I am going to need a LOT of time to get back on my feet. And, y'know, the addresses to all the PPAs I had too That'd help a lot.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by 42dorian View Post
    Why doesn't your calendar box look right anymore? It's more of a shadow now instead of a box.

What'd you do? Or is this the attack of Natty again?
    LoL! No, just a poor choice of colors...

I'm always playing around with backgrounds.

At first, I didn't *think* I liked this background, but it's growing on me.

Accordingly, I wasn't paying a lot of attention to some of the finer details, since I didn't think I would add it to my portfolio.

Anyway, here is "Slate Gray" instead of "Dark Slate Gray"...

(Click to expand)

Kind of fresh looking, in an odd way!

Thanks, for catching that...
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    For the children...

I segregate my Conky fonts, outside the system font path.

Ahoy, mate! There she blows...

(Click to expand)

No muss -- No fuss -- They just work, with no messing around!
    Hi, what's the wall please ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Hells_Dark View Post
    Hi, what's the wall please ?
    Clear_Blue_by_monkeymagico.png

http://monkeymagico.deviantart.com/a...Blue-163707595
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans

I'm working on a more horizontal conky, attached the screenshot, it's no where near finished hence it looks terrible, but having trouble making the processors bar not extend all the way across the screen from left to right.

Code:
    ${goto 860}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color4}PROCESSORS${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}${voffset 20}${font}
    so yeah, can it be made to go from left and stop about where the earth stops, I'll move those images later
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by mrpeachy View Post
    not at all
    you wouldn't post only a screenshot of a conky config then say... now go away and learn how to write the code so it looks like this!

or only post your conkyrc if the setup requires lua or bash scripts

posting an archive of fonts alongside a setup that is font intensive just seems sensible
    When i post my conkies I rarely put the config files up and usually will say if anybody wants any of the files just ask. Thats pretty lazy on my part but if I had to do a data dump for my htpc there would probably be 20-25 files. lots of scripts goin on there
    I'm a super power user

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by djyoung4 View Post
    When i post my conkies I rarely put the config files up and usually will say if anybody wants any of the files just ask. Thats pretty lazy on my part but if I had to do a data dump for my htpc there would probably be 20-25 files. lots of scripts goin on there
    That's not lazy. Again. You're making more work for yourself by not posting them right away. Because we're a Conky Community, we always want to see them. You might as well post them. Data Dumps are good to do anyways because it means you have a post you can go to, should you need all your files back before a certain major change or, indeed, a system wide data loss.

@VinDSL, I think you may want to put a link in your configs and/or posts saying where you get everything. I've seen a lot of people comment on how your backgrounds look, and for good reason! As to that shadow effect thing, I only caught it because I'm colourblind. It looked weird in my eyes and couldn't pin down why. I was more curious what you did than commenting on whether it was good or bad.

And FYI, I'm back up and running full steam again. Just took an evening of quality time between me and Synaptic, negotiating the terms of my reinstatement. AKA: A lot of installing. vnstat isn't working, though that's to be expected considering a reinstall. It probably has no data going yet.

@Arminius, if this is going in it's own Conky setup, then just use Screenruler to find the width in pixels from the edge to the place you want it to stop, then set the environment variable (Above TEXT) for maximum_width to that width. Depending on where you put it, left, right, top, or bottom, etc. you'll just have to set the gap_y and gap_x environment variables to position it where you want it.
    Last edited by 42dorian; March 24th, 2011 at 09:49 PM.

Page 1669 of 2327 FirstFirst ... 6691169156916191659166716681669167016711679171917692169 ... LastLast